It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female US sailor thwarts Dubai bus driver rapist ! oops, picked the wrong victim pal!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
ha ha! that'll teach that rapist to mess with an American female warrior!
I love this story

An off-duty US navy sailor wrestled a bus driver to the ground and beat him into submission after he attempted to rape her at knife point, a court heard yesterday.
Prosecutors said that she knocked the knife from his hand, broke it in two, bit him in the hand, forced him to the ground and locked him between her thighs.
The woman, 28, was on 24-hour shore leave in Dubai and was attacked as she returned to the port where she was based after a day shopping.
She had been attempting to hail a taxi after visiting shopping centre, Mall of the Emirates and a supermarket when a bus pulled up next to her
After climbing aboard she became suspicious of the drivers route. She said: ‘I noticed he did not take the main road and when I asked him he told me not to worry.’
He then drove for a further 10 minutes before stopping in an area where other buses were parked and attempting to kiss her.
When she refused him he pulled the knife and threatened to rape her but she was able to subdue him.

she took the knife away, broke it in half! and then proceeded to administer a beat down...this is hilarious.

www.dailymail.co.uk... read_module
edit on 26-4-2013 by Thunderheart because: fragile sensitivities..or a bad joke

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

[SNIPPED]

I didnt mind your OP til I got to this line. What a disgusting thing to say. Also I don't find this story hilarious at all. The woman was almost raped.

You are sick.

edit on 26/4/13 by JustMike because: Offensive racist/misogyninistic comment removed from Thunderheart's statement.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

edit on 26-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: never mind

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

[SNIPPED]

I didnt mind your OP til I got to this line. What a disgusting thing to say. Also I don't find this story hilarious at all. The woman was almost raped.

You are sick.
oh calm down it was meant in jest, sarcasm fail at worst.

edit on 26/4/13 by JustMike because: Offensive racist/misogyninistic comment removed from Thunderheart's original statement.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

ha ha! that'll teach that rapist to mess with an American female warrior!
I love this story

An off-duty US navy sailor wrestled a bus driver to the ground and beat him into submission after he attempted to rape her at knife point, a court heard yesterday.
Prosecutors said that she knocked the knife from his hand, broke it in two, bit him in the hand, forced him to the ground and locked him between her thighs.
The woman, 28, was on 24-hour shore leave in Dubai and was attacked as she returned to the port where she was based after a day shopping.
She had been attempting to hail a taxi after visiting shopping centre, Mall of the Emirates and a supermarket when a bus pulled up next to her
After climbing aboard she became suspicious of the drivers route. She said: ‘I noticed he did not take the main road and when I asked him he told me not to worry.’
He then drove for a further 10 minutes before stopping in an area where other buses were parked and attempting to kiss her.
When she refused him he pulled the knife and threatened to rape her but she was able to subdue him.

she took the knife away, broke it in half! and then proceeded to administer a beat down...this is hilarious.
[SNIPPED]

I do not normally get offended, but when I do.....
Your BONUS comment is just inhumane.....
Disgusted....

edit on 26/4/13 by JustMike because: Offensive racist/misogyninistic comment removed from Thunderheart's original statement.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The driver, named as K S, from Pakistan, was arrested the next day at his home and the attending police officer said that he was intoxicated at the time.
reply to post by Thurisaz

daily mail UK
Sounds more like creepy muslim men.

Really ...

edit on 26-4-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Oh I see your edit and it has NOTHING to do with "fragile insensitivities."

You mock rape! That is just wrong plain and simple. You find this woman's moment of terror hilarious and then you basically tell these sick men to rape their own women because they won't fight back. I'm sorry that i have empathy and feeling for others of rape. What is going on over there with these rapes is horrible! It is nothing to laugh or joke about. What if it was your sister or spouse? Would you still find humor in it?!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by papazen

Excuse me? I'm sorry I dont find the topic of rape hilarious at all!

edit on 26/4/13 by JustMike because: Edited out insult against mblahnikluver, replaced it with the ATS "Manners" notice.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by papazen

I know this is off topic, but then again you started it; I reported your post as personal insult, off topic and being inappropriate.

Rape is not funny.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I do not think some people here realize how many of us here on ATS either are rape survivors or know someone who is.....
It is so so sad..
Rape is nothing to joke about.....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

By the way, reported you as well. That's the beauty of someone copy and pasting your entire original post.

Rape, the threat of rape, or an attempted rape is not funny.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Agreed!

The story is one that had a positive outcome yes. I feel for this woman, she must have been scared esp being in a foreign country. It's great that she had the training she did to fight this guy off. If it had been anyone else I'm not so sure they would have had the same end result.

These rapes over there seem to be getting worse and worse. I read the other day that in India women are not suppose to travel alone or go off the beaten path so to speak. They say esp women who are visiting from other countries should be careful. What a horrible thing to worry about while traveling! There have been gang rapes on these buses. I mean GANGS, multiples, how sick. I can't imagine living there and having to worry about this day to day.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by papazen

Remove the (snip) self rightous English (snip). It is making you(snip)funny

And just who do you think you are !!??

That rates right up there - with the most rude and insulting things I have heard in my time here as a member
as well as years of lurking.

I am sure your mother would be proud. If not her- should she be part of the problem - then your grandmothers.

You owe Mblah an apology. Now is the time for you to Man - up !!
edit on 26-4-2013 by Timely because: cleaned it up somewhat , hopefully within t&c.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

"Paki"? Are you serious? My god, you're a real charmer, aren't you. Not only have you laughed at a potential rape instead of discussing the effect this event had on the girl, but you resort to racist nomenclature.

Reported again. Way to go.

edit on 26/4/13 by JustMike because: Offensive racist statement by Thunderheart removed, Extreme T&C notice from the offending post substituted.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Starwise

Agreed!

The story is one that had a positive outcome yes. I feel for this woman, she must have been scared esp being in a foreign country. It's great that she had the training she did to fight this guy off. If it had been anyone else I'm not so sure they would have had the same end result.

These rapes over there seem to be getting worse and worse. I read the other day that in India women are not suppose to travel alone or go off the beaten path so to speak. They say esp women who are visiting from other countries should be careful. What a horrible thing to worry about while traveling! There have been gang rapes on these buses. I mean GANGS, multiples, how sick. I can't imagine living there and having to worry about this day to day.
Maybe more women over there should get training to protect themselves since obviously their police isn't worth a damm? Maybe this story will inspire them to do so? maybe some good will come from this?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I LOVE this story, I am a woman and I know what its like to survive rape, none of the original post offends me. I think the Op is PROUD of the "warrior" in this story, not trying to be offensive.. People are getting so sensitive these days!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join