It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Secrecy Orders on Patents Have Stifled More Than 5,000 Inventions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
www.wired.com...

What is known about secrecy orders is largely the result of Freedom of Information Act requests filed by groups like the Federation of American Scientists, an independent, nonpartisan think tank. Those documents show that the overall number of secrecy orders has steadily increased in recent years, totaling more than 5,300 by 2012, with some of them in effect for decades.

Mark Lemley. “From the patent owner’s perspective, you’re stuck in this legal limbo where the government says you’ve got this valid invention, but there’s nothing you can do with it until maybe decades later,” said Mark Lemley, a technology law professor at Stanford University.

The 5300 is a number found (as stated by the article) comes about due to the Freedom of Information Act request so the number maybe accurate or there are more not found? There are legitimate reasons for delaying a patent (national security being one) and if you are working in a project that is government funded they do control the purse strings and usually all research that develops into a product belongs to them.

There are many horror stories about some John Doe who develops a great idea to only have a big corporation buy the patent or take poor John to court and say, "you can not patent the obvious" we have all read or heard such things but this is the first article I have come across explaining some of delays....again this is government delays in bringing to market a new invention, not corporations.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
SO much for living in a free society.

So much for the American dream.

With Multinationals controlling the Governments there is no telling what is being suppressed and you can't speak out about it.

The Patent system is now a system full of fraudulent practices. Time for a new system!

P

edit on 25/4/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Those two magic words "national security" is used for anything and everything they want to keep secret, which is a bunch of bull. It means that their multi trillion dollar piggy banks will no longer be secure, because people have come up with technology that make their products obsolete. How do you charge people for fuel when they can make hydrogen from water and give zero emissions?

Here's a video of a Dodge pickup truck that runs on one of these hydrogen water engines:

This would change the world and nobody seems to even notice.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You know, I think this whole matter could be solved pretty effectively. On one hand, there really is a need for secrecy on much of this at the time it's developed. We don't want to see North Korea simply send some diplomats to the patent office (or search it online, for that matter) and walk out with the propulsion and shielding specifics of the F-117, B-2 or Aurora aircraft. That would be.....bad for outcome. Real bad.

At the same time, this secrecy for decades and just for the sake of secrecy because it's always been that way is the mother of all abuses which come to pass and haunt the nation from the shadows. So? How to solve it?

Set a flat and iron clad ...NO EXCEPTION...patent law on every single patent that carries a secrecy designation. Be it 5yrs, 10yrs or 25 yrs, Whatever the number someone thinks works within a reasonable time frame (as in, someone in middle age WILL see it before death by old age) the secrecy is lifted and the patent becomes open for view and review.

I do NOT believe we have anything SO secret by it's very concept and existence that it should ever hold reason for secrecy beyond that range. If something DOES? We have far more serious questions to be asking about what kind of program it belongs to and why it's secret in the first place. (I.E...space craft with a secrecy stamp which stay secret because admitting they even exist would admit whole programs that can't exist...THAT is a problem by itself)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
Here's a video of a Dodge pickup truck that runs on one of these hydrogen water engines:

A standard internal combustion engine will run on hydrogen just fine.

The trick is using less energy to extract the hydrogen from the water than what the engine produces.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I saw a system for home use, for model rockets that made hydrogen from water, by running an electric current through it.

There are already many types of engines that run off of gases like propane, they are basically the exact same as a standard gasoline engine.

When I was in vocational school for auto mechanics back in high school, we had a guy come in and demonstrate how a diesel can run on 80% water and 20% diesel fuel just fine.

Diesels can actually run on just about anything that will burn, they are the engine type I always thought would fuel the next wave of transportation.

I might just try to see if I can build one of these, if I can get the parts cheap enough.

I am a pretty good mechanic, if I remember correctly, you only need to run this into special injectors to your pistons, just like some nitrous systems.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

The trick is using less energy to extract the hydrogen from the water than what the engine produces.

So what if one of those patent is a way to produce that hydrogen at a faction of the cost.
Sure make for a hole new ball game

So who profit now.

edit on 26-4-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
We have the technology right now, with existing patents to run the entire world off fully sustainable Hydrogen.

Easy as.

P

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Awesome thread.

We could have free energy already;
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

Merlin, i really want to check out the hydrogen generator system on the dodge pickup... i could not get contact info from the youtube vid you posted, it is so close to me i think i recognize the neighborhood..in az.
This is the third time i have heard of this process time to act. I have perhaps 50 percent of the equipment they used within 50 feet of me. my email is my screen name plus At hotmail dot com.
thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I've heard of a man who invented a purpetual magnet motor and had all of his models and info taken by the government. They basically black mailed him into never mentioning it again.

They will never allow an invention that cost their supporters money.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I visited the youtube link as I liked the video,.. read through the video description, and found their official link to their website,...

Their official website is: www.futureenergyconceptsinc.com...

And I find that their website domain name resolves as "For Sale" !!!

They come and they go,....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

This is true, a diesel engine can run with an enormous amount of impurities in it's fuel, but it's not 80% water, there is just too much water in the cylinder which does not compress. Diesels run on a much higher compression ration than gasoline engines, this is why fuels with a very low flash point will run a diesel engine, even if they are inefficient or put out lots of emissions.

Running a diesel engine on 80% water 20% diesel would provide extremely low power even if you could get it running, and the additional non compressible material in a cylinder designed to compress over 90% of it's contents runs the risk of a catastrophic failure in the engine.

Diesel engines run different than gasoline engines, rather than injecting fuel into the intake, then into the cylinder, the valve closing, compression, then ignition by a spark, a diesel engine, opens it's valve fills with air, closes, it then compresses the air getting it extremely hot and compact, then a high pressure diesel injector injects the fuel at top dead center causing the fuel to combust in the hot high pressure environment providing the power for the engine. If you only put 20% of the normal amount of fuel in there it would be too lean, and may not be able to overcome the mechanical resistance, let alone the pressure in the other cylinders to run the engine. As well, adding water to the environment would reduce the fuels efficiency.

I just don't see this as being a good idea, if you can get a working model going that doesn't explode, or do nothing at all, I'm more than interested to see it, but I can't see this working.

Diesel Compression Ratio 20 parts air, 1 part fuel. so 95% air, 5% fuel, if you tried to use 80% water and 20% diesel as your fuel source, do you begin to see the problem here?
edit on 26-4-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

so a little research locates this link
peswiki.com...:_Hydrogen_Hog_by_Future_Energy_Concepts%2C_Inc#January_2.2C_2013

that indicates fast freddy may not have delivered a promised unit...since this video of 2010.

the secret seems to be a boosted electrolysis reaction by a "resonant frequency" surrounding the electrolysis chambers.
this would be the target for investigation.
at this point, thermodynamics and the carnot cycle have not been shaken.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
TextTextText Beigereply to post by pheonix358

WELL YES WHILE THIS -MAY- 2 SOME EXSTENT BE TRUE ! IT IS ALSO EQUALLY TRUE THAT THEIR MAY BE STILL HOPE IF THEY(BIG-BROTHER )DOESNT DO ANYTHING MORE -STUPID/OR-FOOLHARDY THAT HE ALLREADY HAS -UNLESS -THAT IS SECRETLY HIS TRUE INTENT AND PURPOSE TO NOT ONLY COMPLEATLY UNDERMINE AND MAKE THE ECONOMIC -PICTURE SO BLEAK THAT EVRYONE WHANTS 2 BASICALLY -LEAVE THE COUNTRY FOR SOME OTHER DESTINATION??? AT THIS POINT WHAT ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO DO AS IM SHURE THEY HAVE NOT EVEN BEGUNN 2 IMAGINE THE CAUSE & AFFECTS-RESULTS OF WHAT THEY HAVE DONE ! -UNLESS THAT WAS THEIR TRUE GOAL AND INTENT ALL ALONG???

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

AGAIN TRUE BUT WE CURRENTTLY DO NOT HAVE THE LEVEL OF TECH/NEEDED 2 SUSTAIN A VIABLE -HYDROGEN/FUSION-REACTION- 4 LONG -IF TENABLE AT ALL -REALLY- SO WHAT ,S NEXT THEN BACK 2 THROWING-MUD & REFINEING -URANIUM- WOW THATS , A BUMMER ! WELL MAYBE IT IS BACK 2 THE DRAWING BOARD !

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Ahhh...that's so simple. Just take a solar cell, dunk the wires in the water, oxygen comes off one wire, hydrogen off the other wire, let the sun break down the water for ya. Collect the H2, and fill up yer tank, drive away for free !

The sun does the work all the time, helping plants grow, why not let the sun help with human transport?

Best result, the car emissions is H2O, which is not yet classified as a pollutant.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I bet a good chunk are Nikola Tesla's.

Without Edison and his moneygrubbing stoolies, we could have cheap electricity and who knows what?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ENIGMA58
reply to post by pheonix358

AGAIN TRUE BUT WE CURRENTTLY DO NOT HAVE THE LEVEL OF TECH/NEEDED 2 SUSTAIN A VIABLE -HYDROGEN/FUSION-REACTION- 4 LONG -IF TENABLE AT ALL -REALLY- SO WHAT ,S NEXT THEN BACK 2 THROWING-MUD & REFINEING -URANIUM- WOW THATS , A BUMMER ! WELL MAYBE IT IS BACK 2 THE DRAWING BOARD !

What the bleeding hell are you yelling about. Who in this thread had mention fusion!

P

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by darkstar57

Hydrogen engines can work fine. a favorite is a system that draws power off the engine to power electrolysis to produce H out of water and then inject it into the intake manifold to supplement the gasoline. the major problem is the energy, usually in the form of electricity required to produce the H, exceeds the amount of energy you get back. add to the mix a lot of scam artists selling dubious systems that claim to boost mileage, etc. a lot of the claimed improvements are really just playing with measurements. statistics are in the eye of the beholder.
that doesn't mean you couldn't build a specialty system that could work for you, but a lot of people have made the claim, but no one has actually delivered a large scale commercially viable product.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join