It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Secrecy Orders on Patents Have Stifled More Than 5,000 Inventions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that EVERYONE involved with "suppressed energy technologies" like the RAM that runs on water is COMPLETELY full of #, but I am consistently disappointed by promises that turn hollow or never materialize.

I was on PESN a couple years ago when I didn't have a job looking at some fuel-saving technologies. I found the Gadgetman Groove had some fantastic testimonies from apparently happy customers. I paid the 200-300 bucks to have it done and found that the driving dynamics in my car were different, but not more fuel efficient. The procedure was also advertised to be ideal for my make and model year. Very disappointing.

Also, for over a year I was following Andrea Rossi with the E-Cat (some kind of "cold fusion") which made enormous promises for the future of energy. After 2.5 years, this has never materialized. I still look on occasion to see what has become of whatever remains. Nothing yet and probably never will be.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Anyone who realizes the truth of this matter must also accept the inevitable conclusion: that we are not living in a free and open society, although it is still claimed we are. There MUST be something to all those inventions if they must be kept from the public, and I want to know why. So someone cannot say that none of those would benefit society, as some of them probably would. There are probably much more efficient energy devices in some of those patents, and they must work if the government has to classify them. I am just so sick of people saying nothing to see here, the government is not lying to the people, conspiracies don't exist, etc. Those people are just wrong, plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You know, I think this whole matter could be solved pretty effectively. On one hand, there really is a need for secrecy on much of this at the time it's developed. We don't want to see North Korea simply send some diplomats to the patent office (or search it online, for that matter) and walk out with the propulsion and shielding specifics of the F-117, B-2 or Aurora aircraft. That would be.....bad for outcome. Real bad.

This is something that I agree with. Anything pertaining to weapons systems probably should be kept from our enemies. But I do not buy that every single one of these inventions pertains to weapons. The government/military has a problem of wanting to weaponize everything, even the things that would truly benefit society. And think about how many documents, even pre-WWII and from WWII, are STILL classified under reasons of National Security. That blanket term cannot be challenged, and that is a huge problem. Who says what pertains to national security and what does not? Much of the time it is probably opinionated.

My point is that I agree with you that there should be a strict system put in place to determine what national security means, and how long something can be kept from its rightful owner. The government screws people all the time. If the government wants to buy land from you, and you don't want to sell it, they can actually take you to court and attempt to condemn your land so that you can do nothing with it. If they can't have it, neither can you. And this is just one example of a corrupt government. I cannot imagine how I would feel if I invented something, only to have it taken away from me by the government, or even worse, a corporation. Something must be done, as this is not democracy. This is not freedom. This is against everything this country was founded on.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You do all realize that you can register a Patent off shore. If you think the US Govt may steal your Patent then register it in another country. By the time your Govt finds out about it, it would be too late. You have to pick the country carefully.

You don't want an 'enemy' country but you don't want a country that would roll over when your country says 'fart.'

That was my first fart joke on ATS.

P

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

for what its worth, they can do almost just that.

The patent that describes the key components of the stealth paint is an open patent that you can find. The missing element for that patent is that it is made while in space orbit (thus why it is 30k/gallon). But you can find the basic concept online if you know the patent number. If you are interested, I think I listed that patent in a thread I authored awhile back.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You have to remember that some of these inventions can collapse the economy. What would happen if there was no need for oil anymore....How many people would be out of jobs. How many jobs would be lost nationwide if we could supply our own electricity to our homes for no cost other than a two thousand dollar box outside. With this box we could charge an electric car, a car that did not need a mechanic to work on, just switch motors and send the old one in for rebuilding by taking out one connector and three bolts.

Not only tptb rely on the profits, all the workers and their families rely on the income these things generate. It is not as easy as some think to run a fake economy in a deceitful society. Don't rock the boat, look at your job first, would it be necessary if someone invented something that would make it obsolete.

I don't actually like the way things are but know that change always has side effects that are both beneficial and problematic. I guess I will leave this to the think tank, I do not have the knowledge or correspondence with others smart enough to totally evaluate things. I just know the basics of this, not the particular. People who do not believe there is an organization like a think tank are a little naive. There has been an organization like this for a great many years. I sometimes wonder if they may have a few wrong people in this organization, they could be better at their strategy.

Just like insulating houses and weatherizing homes, I know that there is a better way and I know that some people are aware of it. Look at the jobs reliant on the insulation and weatherization business though. Changing the way it is in a service oriented economy is dangerous. We need factory job creation here in America to make a more stable economy.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

they wouldn't collapse the economy....

there are still PLENTY of things on an electric motor-vehicle that would require the services of a mechanic, and there would never be "no need for oil" oil makes a lot more than just gasoline....it's the byproducts they'd have a hard time getting rid of safely...which is why they suckered us, a long time ago, into PAYING for the privilege of burning their industrial waste...

they wouldn't destroy the economy...they'd just shift the balance of power more away from the corporations, and into the hands of the people, as it should be..

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Rickymouse, that excuse is a very old one and not accurate at all.

Please consider what happened when cars first came on the scene. Within a few decades all the horse industry employees lost their jobs but many new and different jobs came along to compensate.

I lived through the introduction of the photocopier. Man, did that cost jobs. Huge numbers of people whose job was to provide a copy of a document suddenly lost their jobs to a new machine.

These changes are part of a society expanding at an ever increasing rate.

SO we replace the electrical grid with a $2000.00 dollar box. Someone has to make, service and install those millions of boxes. Someone has to deliver them! Then, every family in the country has a few thousand extra dollars in their pocket every year! They are going to spend that in other parts of the economy.

Jobs would not be lost, they would change.

The people that would suffer would be the Multinational money sucking aholes. I have no problem with that happening at all!!!

But they are the ones protecting their butts making damn sure that they are the ones doing the sucking!

P

edit on 27/4/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

I have said for at least 10 years now, the hydrodollar will replace the petrodollar.

Nestile was just talking about it last week, wasn't it?

Reports have circulated about water scarcity (fresh water). Desalination methods are frequently suppressed, from what I can tell (i have tracked the demise of at least 3 products that can purify ocean water relatively cheaply, just over the cost of R/O)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
But... If they are saying its illegal to patent it...does that also mean its illegal to release it to the public with no "its only MINE" legalities ensured? I mean, could it be that some of these scientists are just as greedy? I'm sure in a lot of cases, the information could be dangerous. Like a new way to build an easy bomb with increased destruction compared to the already well known methods, or some other destructive force... I hate to say it, but I would.t trust many people with a nontraceable desintegrator ray... I don't trust the government with it either, but if the other option is absolute.chaos...well, I'm not quite ready to throw my chips into that pile quite yet...

Obviously out of 5,000 plus secrecy orders, there has to be at least some that are for bs reasons. That's a lot of inventions...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Daedalus

I have said for at least 10 years now, the hydrodollar will replace the petrodollar.

Nestile was just talking about it last week, wasn't it?

Reports have circulated about water scarcity (fresh water). Desalination methods are frequently suppressed, from what I can tell (i have tracked the demise of at least 3 products that can purify ocean water relatively cheaply, just over the cost of R/O)

i just have a hard time envisioning a world where water is traded like oil...i mean, water is a natural resource...our bodies are mostly water...it's the key to life. nobody should be able to put a dollar value on that. oil, on the other hand...or i should say oil-derived products are man-made...

populations would die off without water..the same can't be said for oil..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join