It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 natural gas barges explode in Mobile, Al

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is practically where I live which is on the other side of the Mobile Bay. The barges caught fire this morning and there have been several explosions since the initial fire. Firefighters are still trying to put it out, but since it is a chemical fire it will be quite hard. It has been raining all day as well which is probably spreading the methane even more. Sources also say the methan content in the air is quite high. They may even evacuate parts of Mobile.

www.fox10tv.com...

In other news there is a opossum living under my porch steps

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thread here with at least 1 pic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I do not care. I looked and if they had titled it better then I would have seen it. Should be the event and location. Also there are 100 posts about Boston so 2 threads about a barge explosion. C'mon aren't you just splitting hairs
edit on 24-4-2013 by Wanderer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer777

I am a local,have family near to location and a noob still to ATS.I tried my best and am proud of my closed thread.Thank you,have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wanderer777
reply to post by opethPA

I do not care. I looked and if they had titled it better then I would have seen it. Should be the event and location. Also there are 100 posts about Boston so 2 threads about a barge explosion. C'mon aren't you just splitting hairs
edit on 24-4-2013 by Wanderer777 because: (no reason given)

Not really splitting hairs and Boston is a much different situation than this.
If you keep everything to one post then you have a better chance of getting useful information that tells a whole story vs just pieces spread across a thousand threads,..

For your reading enjoyment here is the current active thread as the mods closed the first trying to keep everyone focused .. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-4-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

edit on 24-4-2013 by topdog81 because: retracted...possibly off topic

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Off topic - Honestly, who cares about who got the thread out first or gets the most flags.. as long as the information is being put out there, then ATS is serving its purpose.

Back to the topic - Hopefully this was an isolated incident and those that were injured will be back on their feet soon.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStar33

Yeah it is a serious situation and it is good to talk to another local.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Well even so it does not work. I did not see the thread after searching and I didn't say it was the same situation I used it as an example.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
That's interesting because there is another thread about barges exploding in Austrailia, also with 3 reported injured.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
That's interesting because there is another thread about barges exploding in Austrailia, also with 3 reported injured.

Does it really matter? I mean honestly let's all freak out because there are 2 threads on this one topic that is a pretty big deal, especially to locals who it is affecting

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Does it really matter? I mean honestly let's all freak out because there are 2 threads on this one topic that is a pretty big deal, especially to locals who it is affecting

Please read more carefully before getting pissy. Again:

There is a barge in AUSTRAILIA that exploded in the last day injuring 3
There is ALSO Two barges in ALABAMA that exploded in the last day injuring 3

(injuries as of last report I saw prior to writing the post)

The post was about: isn't it interesting that very similar things are happening half a world a way
It wasn't about: There is already a thread on this topic.

edit: But then I read the other article more carefully and realized in was an Austrailian reporting of the same event because they own something near there in Alabama.

edit on 25-4-2013 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I am so sorry. Just having a bad morning. You are right that is really weird. I'll have to look into that

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

No worries. After I read it more closely though, it seems that it was just Austrailian coverage of the same event.

new topics

top topics

join