It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the FBI knew of Tsarnaev Brothers, why did they need the public to help identify them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This question is bothering me at the moment.

The FBI clearly knew of the the Tzarnaev clan, has admitted to interviewing the family and 'sifted through available evidence' on them sometime around the summer of 2011. Russia knew of them, they alerted the FBI to 'look into them'!

With the whole country watching, I find it hard to believe that not one FBI 'investigator' came forward saying; 'We interviewed those guys a few years back, remember we had a case file on them?' Or maybe they 'forgot' about the call from Vlad Putin and friends in Russia

Were the FBI agents who interviewed them on vacation last week?

Or does the FBI routinely forget about stuff like this?? What a complete lack of competence....if that's the story they want us to believe.

I would shut down the entire bureau for making themselves look like a laughing stock.

Investigating the Boston Bombers’ Foreign Ties

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the older brother of the deadly duo, first raised red flags more than two years ago, when Russia alerted the FBI to his increasingly radicalized worldview.

The Bureau has issued a statement explaining that “a foreign government asked the FBI for information about Tamerlan Tsarnaev” in early 2011. The Washington Post reports that, according to a “law enforcement official,” the “request came from the Russian government,” which was “concerned about Tsarnaev’s potential ties to Chechen terrorists.” Other press outlets have reported the same.

The Bureau says it sifted through the available evidence and interviewed the Tsarnaev family, including Tamerlan, but “did not find any terrorism activity, domestic or foreign, and those results were provided to the foreign government in the summer of 2011.”

Russia raised red flags about Boston bombing suspect

Boston Marathon explosions: FBI asks for public’s help finding two suspects

FBI seeks crowdsourcing help in Boston bombing case: ID these two men!
edit on 24-4-2013 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Finding out the truth will be harder than getting Col. Jessup to admit he ordered the Code Red!

We can't handle the truth!!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Maybe someone knew all along these brothers were planning this and it simply got away from them.... or maybe it was allowed to proceed. I'm not saying our government or even a government agency was complicit, but maybe a faction operating within. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If the picture they had showed the faces of the men clearly then I would think they could use software to identify them. But considering it's a low-res photo and the faces are not clearly seen probably caused difficulty in this regard. At least that's my guess.

I work in a field where I meet with various people from time to time in interview settings, I definitely can't say I'd be able to ID and recall each of those people years later.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

SnF because that little tidbit really, really bothers me, too. The moment I heard the mother talking about how the FBI had investigated her elder son and then, saw the FBI admit to it, my brain just exploded--kind of like in the movie, "Scanners". If they had them on file, which they should have based on record keeping and whatever interviewing FBI agents should have said "hey, I think I know that guy" once they picked out of the crowd because the FBI is actually trained to have eidetic types of memories, they could have just knocked on their door and arrested them. But no, they released the photos to the public, which made the brothers get possibly identified by the slain officer who was presumably by himself and the chaos that followed next.

Brain popping and I distinctly recall them saying that the biggest issue with 9/11 was a failure in the intelligence gathering community, which the Patriot Act and DHS were supposed to address. All the surveillance in the world doesn't make up for human error.

P.S. the pictures they released were not clear--true. However, I distinctly saw a CBS video thumbnail of one of those pictures that was crystal clear of the younger brother and his were the least clear of the publicly released photos that I saw.
edit on 24/4/13 by WhiteAlice because: added the ps

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
they did this because all the conspiracy theorists were pointing the finger at other innocent people. they knew of the older brother but didn't know his whereabouts. either way the evidence is piling up on the brothers, now they are looking for an armenian guy named misha who supposedly was the one who indoctrinated tamerlan.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Why was there a bulletin for the green Honda when they had it Friday morning?

Why were both brother who were caught in Watertown taken to the Beth Israel Memorial hospital in Boston?

How did suspect two survive 20 hours in the boat, bleeding from wounds in his neck, leg and hand? unless he suffered those wounds in the shootout before his official capture in the boat?

Then what wounds did he sustain in the initial shootout on Laurel St, where the older brother was run over by his younger brother, suspect 2 which lead to the blood being discovered on the boat?

How did the Merceds SUV and the green Honda end up on this street, when it has been reported both brothers stole the SUV by MIT and in the pursuit with police, explosives were thrown from?

Which means someone was driving, some one was shooting and thrown the explosives.

Therefore if two vehicles, green Honda and Mercedes SUV, were both photographed on Laurel street and while the police were in pursuit there was gun fire end explosives thrown from the vehicle in pursuit SUV, there were more than TWO(2) suspects.

Unless you can drive at high speeds, shoot a gun behind you, and use explosives at the same time and still manage to have TWO(2) vehicles end up at a location with TWO(2) suspects
edit on 24-4-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2013 by whatzshaken because: finishing touches

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I guess they would have had intelligence on the family, but I believe it was only Tamerlan they actually engaged.

It is strange and with all the facial recognition software the F.B.I have, it is a bit unbelievable really isn't it? Maybe it was the fact he was wearing shades?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Maybe it was by design.

Sorry for one liner but really nothing to add.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

Or does the FBI routinely forget about stuff like this?? What a complete lack of competence....if that's the story they want us to believe.

I would shut down the entire bureau for making themselves look like a laughing stock.

If you have such extreme emotional responses to something you admit you do not know that much about, it's clear someone like yourself is not fit nor capable to run or have oversight of an agency like the FBI.

A public statement asking for information on a suspect or for people to come forward who know them, surely is just that. It is not an admission of anything from the FBI et al. They are asking for information.

Do you get it?

They could have a folder 1000 pages thick on a person, outlining everything from their first birthday to how often they blow their nose, but that doesn't change if they are seeking to find individuals who know them personally. Which, in most cases, might mean posting their picture and making a public plea, "Please help us identify these two people" etc....

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If they needed the public's help so bad why didn't they tell the public the names of the suspects instead of giving them blurry video images to go on?

I just listened to this guy and he makes some interesting points.

Where is the FBI video of the suspect setting the bag down at the explosion sight? Talk is cheap. Pictures or it didn't happen.

edit on 4/24/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Phayte

If you have such extreme emotional responses to something you admit you do not know that much about, it's clear someone like yourself is not fit nor capable to run or have oversight of an agency like the FBI.

A public statement asking for information on a suspect or for people to come forward who know them, surely is just that. It is not an admission of anything from the FBI et al. They are asking for information.

Do you get it?

They could have a folder 1000 pages thick on a person, outlining everything from their first birthday to how often they blow their nose, but that doesn't change if they are seeking to find individuals who know them personally. Which, in most cases, might mean posting their picture and making a public plea, "Please help us identify these two people" etc....

They didn't name him though did they? And that is standard practice surely? Also, they would have had an address for him, even if it was a previous address. Again standard practice to follow these things up, it's not like they went on the run is it? Embarrassing failure on the F.B.I's part I would suggest.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Do you get it?

No I don't get it, please explain why this was a better strategy than announcing the names of the suspects along with the photos...

No you know what, nevermind. You can't.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is the question that even non "conspiracy theory" folks should be asking themselves.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Maybe the FBI knew their plan all along, and just let it happen.. then went to the public to make them feel important, and to remove suspicions, but that would make it a false flag, and false flags are conspiracy theories.

Watch out for the red faced official story cult, they won't believe any evidence you present.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

Oh come on. IF the FBI had a file marked "suspected bombers" and that file had TWO names in it then your statement is correct. If, however, the FBI have thousands of files, all muslims with extreme views but none yet mounting a bombing campaign how on earth do you know exactly which one of those thousand suspects has become a confirmed terrorist?

Honestly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me remind folks here. In London a tube station was bombed a few years back. The bombers were on a suspect list along with a few thousand others DUH!. let's arrest thousands of people, keep them in jail forever, just in case one or two turn out to be genuine. Hmmmm.........

Tell me this : why is that the obsessive desire to be citizens of an evil western democracy so strong that you switch your brains off and yet continue to live in that country, pay taxes to fund the evil civil servants and never ever make plans to leave ?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Is it not ironic that a Revolution started almost 240 years ago, where 13 colonies separated from the rule of the British empire, which really has not changed their political stance on the world since then, only the American Political way of Life has.

This may be viewed as a vague statement but think about the contexts. What is going on now has the potential to become just as big, on a world wide scale.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
the fbi only catch the ones the create

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is one of those "smoking gun" moments. If there's smoke, then there's usually fire.

They also denied the mother's reports, initially. Then a day or so goes by, they admit to it, but said the original "file" on the older brother was closed because there was no threat.

IMO, this makes the mother's statements more believable, and really is a negative mark on anything the FBI says in terms of their knowledge of the suspects.

Weren't the brothers still at their respective homes/ dorms until the moment the pictures were broadcast? FBI and DHS (ping in their system) knew very well who and where the older brother was. There is obviously no question to it.

Point is, usually they don't "close" a file, so soon at least. I'm willing to bet the brother was a paid FBI informant, after being initially tipped off by the Russian's on his behavior and ties. They brought him in.

They will never admit this, because it will further discredit the agency, and let's be honest here, they do not need that, or do they?

Point is, there will be "investigations" on why they failed keeping track, tax payer money will be spent, and at the end of the day, they're power will on get bigger due to this "past failure." Ironic when you think about it.

edit on 24-4-2013 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Point is, there will be "investigations" on why they failed keeping track, tax payer money will be spent, and at the end of the day, they're power will on get bigger due to this "past failure." Ironic when you think about it.

HERE, HERE! As long as there are those willing to fight this Publically and Politically. Life's are Literally and metaphorically on the line here.

Well said.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join