It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Forum Criteria: Does Boston Meet the Requirements?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I've been an active member for a bit over two years, and have not seen a new forum created in that span of time.

I've watched requests for new forums come and go.

We have a 9/11 Forum, as that was a major terrorist attack. I default to the S and Members that remember when that forum was created for information regarding the creation of a new forum. What does it take to get a new forum added?

There's been many attacks on domestic soil since then, but none terrorist related. Even then, such as Sandy Hook, it was a local event. We didn't have the publicity then.

So, public events? Terrorist activities? The overwhelming number of threads?

Perhaps it's how quickly an event gets resolved. To me, the Boston Bombings will have a lot of unanswered questions for quite a while to come. Does that invoke the creation of a dedicated forum?

I'm not really asking for a Boston Bombing Forum, but would like input if it would help organize all the information.

Does this qualify as a short term event, that will be solved soon, or does the fact that we watched a whole city shut down imply that the next event will be de-facto standard, and have the same plethora of threads created?

Where do we put all the info so members such as I can find it?

Terrorist Activities Forum?

Recent Tragedies Forum?

I am at a loss. Suggestions? Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I have to agree. The Boston threads are everywhere. It would be nice to clump them all somewhere.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
There is one already,general conspiracies forum.Right along with Sandy Hook and the rest of them,get rid of the 9/11 forum and toss those in there to.

What you really need is a secret special ops thread with real intel from credible sources.Not MSM,not from those other crackpot sites.
True intel.It is there,you just have to find them.

That is what ATS use to be based on.

It is true that the information outlets have constricted what can be discovered,but it is still there.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Occam's Taser

For anyone wondering, and who may have made new forum suggestions before to no avail, we don't ignore them, but I'm sure it looks that way because new forums are so rare.

The owners make the final calls on all such matters, but they also very much pay attention to member sentiment and consult the staff heavily when making decisions, so no matter what the ultimate outcome, it takes time.

There's also a lot of overhead associated with each forum we have already, and due to all kinds of arcane dependencies, making new ones is incredibly time-consuming and fraught with potential technical gotchas.

So for anyone wondering why we don't make new forums very often, it's not because we don't care.

Just adding my own personal opinion here, but I actually think we need fewer forums. The main reason we see threads all over the place is because there are so many places a topic can fit.

As things stand, ATS has a lot of forums.

I'm still at the "suggesting" stage, and any form of reorganization, whether creating new forums or combining existing ones, must be done with great care. So patience is ever a virtue when it comes to forum changes.

Anyway, I know that doesn't address the issue of Boston threads (or a lot of other threads) living in multiple places, but I figure I might as well toss in my two horseshoes on the subject.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'd give North Korea a section sooner than Boston, because there's a Japan and NK is a whole country.

Boston is just the latest false flag, with 3 apparently dead (compared to 28 @ Sandy); soon to be replaced by the next likely much bigger shock & awe staged event.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I'm with you,Majic.A reduction rather than an addition.I'm for condensing some of the forums.

Some points to consider,deepwater horizon forum,Japan forum and some others.

There are too many forums,and I for one,would think it would be easier to moderate with less .

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I just went through the forums and there is ALOT of redundancy going on.Simple is better,IMO.Then replace the crappy search engine here with something that is true to the user trying to find something other than what they are looking for.

This site needs some simplification.Not Complication.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I remember suggesting a new forum for gun control.
The answer was "In time it will level out, there will be other topics and gun control will take a back seat"

Well believe it or not (imo) its true. In time the Boston affair will mesh with the existing forums, right now it's wack tho

top topics

join