It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sirius: The Movie Discussion Thread (Disclosure Project Documentary)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Wow, from reading some of the stuff here it really makes me think Greer could be controlled opposition. If so he's going to get a huge backlash from this film because I can hardly see any decent reviews/comments about it. Am watching it later, or will watch it in bits, then probably post back.

I Googled it and theres like, nothing, in the "news" section. A post in the weird news part of Huff Post and Examiner, that's it.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Have just sat through it, and I just can't really fathom why it's being attacked so badly. The main thing that got me was how the media have misrepresented Garry Nolan so much, the scientist who looked at the body, so I posted in another thread about that and also added what I thought about the film. I'll just link instead of repeating myself : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lovebeck
I Googled it and theres like, nothing, in the "news" section. A post in the weird news part of Huff Post and Examiner, that's it.

There's a few out there now. Metro (UK site.), International Business Times, The Sun, and The Daily Mail. They just seem to repeat things pretty much like a horde of programmed zombies, by basically saying that "scientists" said the body was human, even though Garry Nolan would like to research further on it and would've liked to have added more, but actually said he didn't want to leave himself open to attack. None of them add anything significant about any other issue the 2 hour film presents.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Odd why so many people are hating this. The documentary was over all dissapointing, yes, but not terrible. The little body is examined and nothing too extraordinary is claimed, it is human, the scientist says that it is human, or closer to human than chimpanzee, so no alien here. The other claims about free energy are not explained in any meaningful way. They just talk about the conspiracy to keep such devices from the public, lots of stories about suppression, but no proof of such devices working...Greer is a caricature with his massive pectorals and bi's, lol...However I am intrigued by the idea of contacting other beings with our consciousness, just makes sense to me, for the "nuts and bolts" mentality this is silly, im sure.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Did everyone miss the fact that the small being was proven to be 6-8 years old at the time of death? Is this not profound in itself, even if it isn't alien? Yes, it is. That means this being lived for several years at the height of no more than 6 inches tall and is believed to be somewhere between chimps and humans as far as the DNA shows. There are no defects or abnormalities which resulted in its form and size. I'd say all that is damn profound. How many of these were running around at some point in time? How intelligent were they? Leave 'alien' out of the equation and it's still just as profound and amazing.

The video was good in my opinion. There was a lot that I had already seen and knew about and I didn't really get anything new out of it, but then, no other documentaries ever really do this for me either. I enjoyed watching it and it was worth the ten dollars I paid. I paid ten dollars the night before to see Oblivion, which was excellent. There is no reason at all why they shouldn't have asked the ten dollars for something they put their hearts into. It wasn't just Greer who had invested an interest in this whole thing coming into fruition.

I don't give a crap about how sincere Greer is and I don't sit and ponder his intentions. The fact is with the Disclosure Project alone he has done monumentally more than any of you people who enjoy nothing more than sit at your laptops and cut him down for whatever reasons you can muster up, whether they are true and proven or not. So go make your own 'disclosure project'... or not.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I don't post much, mostly lurk, but I logged in just to contribute to this thread. Firstly, for those of you who don't know, all of the proceeds of this film are going towards building a laboratory where projects such as free energy will be explored in a very transparent manner, in order to lessen the possibility of suppression. Greer says he'd like to have cameras running on a live feed to the internet of the lab 24/7. I watched an interview with Dr. Steven Greer on the Joe Rogan Experience in which he explains this.

Secondly, to the people in this thread complaining about having to pay for it, grow up. It's 10 dollars. I'm sure most of you make that in about an hour. This subject is something that I assume most of you care about. Put your money where your mouth is and contribute to a solution.

About the hoax clips. It is said in the beginning of the 'montage' if you will, by the narrator, "If even 1% of these accounts are genuine, this will shatter the fabric of the universe" or something along those lines. There they put themselves out there to say, yeah, some of that was faked. A lot of that intro was to sink the hook into people and get their attention.

Now that I've done my best to clear the air and put some rationality into this discussion, lets analyze the film for what it is. We have a documentary covering the topics of alien life visiting this earth, their propulsion systems and technology, and the suppression that is holding said technologies from the public. With that we have excellent evidence, eyewitness testimony, and wonderful production value. The tiny alien being (spoiler alert) seems to be unexplainable to a certain extent. The testimony from "high up" officials is convincing enough to at least figure out that something is being suppressed.

The parts where Greer gets personal are just that. This is his documentary, and sharing his experiences about trying to unveil this information can be seen as arrogant, but his intention seems genuine. If I were working on this and all of my colleagues, as well as myself, developed cancer at the same time, and I was the only one to live to talk about it, well...I'd talk about it.

This documentary is the step in the right direction for the ufology community. It is professional enough to make those who are unfamiliar with the subject, as well as those who are skeptics, pay attention. The money the documentary makes is going to a good place. I would recommend it, and I personally look forward to the future of where the DNA investigation goes with the body, as well as the open laboratory.

Thanks.
-Mr. Peanut

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirric
Well here it is for free, damn them if the need money to survive....I'm sure it costs no money to create produce and air this movie, it was all free right?

Hypocrite if you have ever done anything to earn money that should have been done for free.
edit on 23/4/13 by sirric because: (no reason given)

I was under the impression that this was your thread, and you are the one who provided a link to watch it for free and the mods had to take down your YouTube link and put up the explanation about how they had to take down your link and tell everyone else not to post links to the pirated film. It says it right there that the op had to be modified to remove the pirated YouTube link. The op was yours. And yet, in this post of yours I quoted, you seem to be dispensing admonishment to those who would take advantage of an opportunity to watch without paying... Am Imissing something here? Or do you just have a rather odd sense of humor, like me, except more odd?

.You're lucky you didn't get banned for posting that pirates wares here!

It's ok, I know what its like to live again to fight another day on this site...
edit on 4/25/2013 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Dr. Greer was also in a recently released movie, which I actually like better, called "THRIVE" which you can find for free on the Internet.
In that movie they also discuss UFO's, the fact that our government is surprising the information, along with free energy. They go on to talk about more issues such as the problem with our government and how they (for the most pat) are bought and paid for by lobbyist, our economic system, big banks, the global elite and how they control the food supplies, medicines, and how we are being controlled and kept poor. What I really like is that they offer solutions for us to all help.
They also provide a free website where people can collaborate and help to change the world for the better. It's my hope, having viewed both SiRIUS and THRIVE it's my hope that more of the Sheeple of the world start to wake up and help push the necessary, non-violent, changes necessary to save billions of lives and offer a more promising future than just the day-to-day rat race we all try now to survive.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
"The Earth has been visited by people from other worlds who are not malicious, but in fact concerned for the future of humanity."

How can they be certain that is true?

If there are other entities visiting this planet, perhapes some of them are benign, but I can't help but also consider abduction testimony which seems to segest that there may be something not so benign going on by atleast potentially some of those entities.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
You can watch it for free on certain sites. I fast forwarded and watch it in about 20 minutes. In my opinion this “documentary” is an insult to human intelligence. But Greer didn’t make it for me or people which use their common sense. His target public are the middle class rich bored people which are actively seeking ways to be thrilled. Our inquisitive nature assured our progress and made us who we are today but it has a down side, it can be used against us by those like Greer. Many of his claims and actions are absurd and ridiculous, but this does not matter to his victims because they willingly deactivate their "logic processor".
Speaking about common sense, if so powerful is this occult organization that is able to prevent some benevolent aliens willing to help us move forward, why wouldn’t they get rid of Greer? How can they be stopped by this infantile cliché from Hollywood with documents kept safe and sent in case of…? I think we still don’t really know why president Kennedy was assassinated and I bet he had a lot of documents too.

Originally posted by Arles Morningside
"The Earth has been visited by people from other worlds who are not malicious, but in fact concerned for the future of humanity."

How can they be certain that is true?

And yet another logic fault committed by these crooks: the almighty powerful aliens who are not malicious, moreover, they are concerned for our future, cannot help us because an occult organization are preventing this. Must be an organization with fantastic powers. But hey, don’t despair yet! Steve is here and he would help you, because he has these documents and proofs well hidden. And he would take care of your money too.
An alien race able to reach us would have a technology which for us would be indistinguishable from magic. I can imagine if they would want to get rid of us, they could with a power of a thought make us all, from toddler to old man, dance gangnam style till we pass out. And if I can imagine that, they probably could do much more than this.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Catalin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalin

May be, may be...that's really the issue, we don't know for certain. Thus far, we can only go by what we know and consider all else cautiously.

One thing is for certain, there are alot of people who are making UFOlogy a joke and laughing all the way to the bank while those few outstanding individuals who want to discover the truth are ignored or given less attention.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrpeanut
all of the proceeds of this film are going towards building a laboratory where projects such as free energy will be explored in a very transparent manner

Why doesn't Greer release the free energy device he announced and was holding in his hand 10 years ago? That was when he announced his "Space Energy Access Systems " group....

Just another con by Greer.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
talking about Ufos, was i imagining or not some one just posted a new thread titled " i fouund a huge traingular craft and need help fast"
The thread dissapeared almost immediately. Or was i imagining it?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So I find these adds on a new doco called "Sirius"...Almost all of what I seen in them was focused on a tiny alien body being PROVEN extraterrestrial, and offering concrete evidence of ET life. HOWEVER, In actual fact, I found this "movie" to be an overpriced short film based on pseudo-spiritual ranting and over dramatized, bad home footage shot by Dr.G and his team.
If you are looking for answers, this film is not where to find them.
If you are looking for an alternative view, these guys barely know what they believe.

IMHO, go and watch Thrive...or HOME.
They're free. And while HOME is full of visual candy, it still portrays a more important message.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sirric

I have been following the making of this documentary for well over a year now, it was supposed to be released late 2012 but was postponed numerous times due to production and research issues or as they claimed. It is the highest community funded project of its kind in the history of documentary film production. In my personal opinion I expected a bit more of an exciting layout and build up to the evidence and theories presented but in the long run it was non the less a well presented and thought provoking film.

Regardless of the controversy around Steven Greer and his his somewhat eccentric approach to the contact of extra terrestrial beings presented in the documentary I cannot help but be encapsulated by the passion an camaraderie that he shares with his team in the subjects presented in the film. From the suppression and disinformation on ETs to the sinister plot of secretive elitist organizations to control the masses by enforcing a fossil fuel corporatocracy for monetary gain and world dominance.

There is definitely allot of authentic footage presented and testimonials from sane looking people with real credentials in regards with extra terrestrial contact and influence on the planet. As well as credible engineers working on free energy technologies which personally is the most exciting part of the film. Another exciting part of the film is the physical humanoid specimen that they test with alarming finds to further envelop ones thoughts in the bizarre yet fascinating prospects of possible alien existence.

I would recommend anybody with a keen interest in all of the above to give this film a watch. Personally I see no malicious or hidden agendas in the documentary and feel there is definitely a good intention behind all the information being presented. It's a big universe out there, who are we to claim that we are the only ones? Who are we to claim that we have superior technology when the evidence of damage to our planet shows otherwise?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerbychoice
It is the highest community funded project of its kind in the history of documentary film production.

Can you provide a valid source for that claim and Greer is NOT a valid source

As well as credible engineers working on free energy technologies which personally is the most exciting part of the film

Care to name these "credible engineers"?
Why doesn't Greer release the free energy device he held in is hand 10 years ago?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OratoryHeist
As for suppressing free energy, there an argument for it, at the moment. Not only due to the number of jobs involved in and around the oil industries, but also due to the amount of revenues governments receive due to the taxes they levy on the sale of petrol.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending suppression, I'm just saying when there is so much money involved, I can understand why 'they' would allegedly suppress such technology.

cheers!

Money is in no way a good reason to suppress clean, efficient, sustainable and free energy and power to the world. Money is the reason for corrupt governments, crime, wars and most people's general unhappiness.

Never heard the saying "Money is the route of all evil"?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

Money is in no way a good reason to suppress clean, efficient, sustainable and free energy and power to the world. Money is the reason for corrupt governments, crime, wars and most people's general unhappiness.

Never heard the saying "Money is the route of all evil"?

Clearly you don't understand the effect it would have on the global economy if such devices were announced.

A free energy device would allow you to live off grid. If you can live off grid, then everyone else can also. Now try to imagine the knock on effect this would have to other industries, electricity, oil, gas. It would have a massive impact.

It's one thing to invent something, it's another thing to get that invention to market.

Money may well be the route of all evil...however, it also makes the world go round. It keeps people working, it keeps society glued together.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

It is the highest community funded project of its kind in the history of documentary film production.

Can you provide a valid source for that claim and Greer is NOT a valid source

As well as credible engineers working on free energy technologies which personally is the most exciting part of the film

Care to name these "credible engineers"?
Why doesn't Greer release the free energy device he held in is hand 10 years ago?

hello bruce
well raising over 3 million dollars in donations from the public is the biggest so far in my knowledge for this kind of genre in documentary film terms.

Just by viewing the machinery built by Morgan Boardman and his team is enough ''evidence'' to show these people are not thumb suckers.

As for your last question, seems you do not grasp the severity of such a move on account of all fatalities of others who tried to do the same.

I would just personally like to mention something to the ''expert peanut gallery'' in regards with all the ''professional'' observations made about any/all controversial information presented to you the public.
Yes you are entitled to your opinions and skeptical remarks in relation to anything that challenges your current personal beliefs. Your critical judgement on anything that does not receive mainstream attention is in fact a validation that you fear the unknown or at least suppressed information. Do you think these people are making this up for some personal gain, by spending so much time under the light of scrutiny and expending so much time,energy and effort to portray a fallacy to start a new ''belief system'' Well by God then it is more sinister than any secret society I have ever heard of. By my understanding these people have good intentions behind this documentary and the overall message it conveys for a better world should be the main focus point. But as always humanity and the arrogant narcissistic nature it collectively carries has been subjected to such a filthy lie stricken world that even the little guys who try make a difference get stomped on. Its okay to walk down the street with a sigh stating that ''GOD HATES FAGS'' but talk about extra terrestrials, free energy theories and meditation and you've got a new cult group waiting to suck your wallets dry of 10 dollars for a ''thrill'' of a better world.

First the truth is ridiculed, and then it is violently objected before it becomes accepted as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

well raising over 3 million dollars in donations from the public is the biggest so far in my knowledge for this kind of genre in documentary film terms.

So no actual source then. Just what did he spend the $3million? This "documentary" would have not cost much, so where is the other $2 900 000?

Just by viewing the machinery built by Morgan Boardman and his team is enough ''evidence'' to show these people are not thumb suckers

So someone builds a pretty looking device therefore it must work.... funny how none of them actually work when properly tested!

As for your last question, seems you do not grasp the severity of such a move on account of all fatalities of others who tried to do the same.

That tired old silly claim - if Greer had such a device he would have released it over the internet and everyone would have one and so it could not be stopped.

Do you think these people are making this up for some personal gain

Yes, they are actually.

. By my understanding these people have good intentions behind this documentary

The only intention Greer had for this documentary was to make money from the gullible.

arrogant narcissistic nature it collectively carries has been subjected to such a filthy lie stricken world

You are talking about Greer here, he is the one telling lies here, and just look at him taking his shirt off at every opportunity, again Greer is the narcissistic one here!

but talk about extra terrestrials, free energy theories and meditation and you've got a new cult group waiting to suck your wallets dry of 10 dollars for a ''thrill'' of a better world.

And that is exactly what Greer is trying to do - suck money from the gullible!

First the truth is ridiculed, and then it is violently objected before it becomes accepted as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Greer has no truth, only lies!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join