It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trial begins for officials accused in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
So will the Obama administration step in and use national security to erase this from the history books? Will Obama pardon the ones that have already plead guilty? Will Obama resign if this gets more media attention? Oh lord, we'll be stuck with Biden! I don't think there's been one clean election, at least in my small lifetime.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

The trial is underway for a former Democratic official and a Board of Elections worker who are accused of being part of a plot that has raised questions over whether President Obama's campaign -- when he was a candidate in 2008 -- submitted enough legitimate signatures to have legally qualified for the presidential primary ballot.

The two face charges of orchestrating an illegal scheme to fake the petitions that enabled then-candidates Obama, and Hillary Clinton, to qualify for the race in Indiana.

Former longtime St. Joseph County Democratic Party Chairman Butch Morgan Jr. faces multiple felony conspiracy counts to commit petition fraud, and former county Board of Elections worker Dustin Blythe is charged with nine felony forgery counts and one felony count of falsely making a petition of nomination. The proceedings began Monday in South Bend.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Oh I'm sure the birthers and other Obama haters are going to just pounce on this one with everything they have. Quick, start screaming about how Obama isn't really president and how we as a nation must raise up and start a bloody civil war over it!

This whole "trial" smacks of sour grape conservatives still trying to have Obama removed from office for any stupid thing they can.
edit on Tue Apr 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags

"Sour grapes"? That's what you call if when someone cheats? If the guy should not have been on the ballot, and got there illegally, then he should be removed from office. There is more than enough fraud in this latest "election" to do that, and this older case is simply more evidence.

I guess, if you don't think this matters, that you don't care if the supposed leadership follows the rules?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Wow. Where to begin? So it's not treason to kill an American citizen and refuse to disclose the reason why without a trial? In my point of view, that's an impeachable offense and one that should be met with a prison sentence. What kind of cold person just glosses over that fact? You get a giant UGH for that one.

Secondly, we're not a Democracy, the US is a Democratic Republic, which is a very different thing all together because as history has shown, the majority is not always correct or right. (Queue the inability for gays to marry, something that I think is stupid that we're [US] continuing to block.)

Your comment regarding transparency is lost on me. Obama has waged a dangerous war against transparency by expanding the war on Whistleblowers that his predecessor Bush implemented. Obama has gone after Wikileaks and several other members of the press in a fashion that Nixon would slap him on the back and say "hell yes, burn those hippies".

The only thing you're commentary is inspiring in me is one of grumpiness because you're obviously don't have enough knowledge of our system by using your ludicrous observations as an example. Like I said, I don't know enough of British politics to offer you some hokey critique.

I love our system, I don't, however, like our politicians. There is a huge difference and should not be confused. I don't have blind hate, I merely am not interested in the special interest corporate blow hards that murder and kill regardless of party affiliation. How's that?

Um, yeah, dude, being anti-drone is such a wasteful issue. I hate it when murder happens. What the F, dude? Really? You're advocating that murder is just a minor issue? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? Are you a MI5 agent?

You're brainstorming isn't helping, it's making me incredibly frustrated.

Now, to answer your question: No, I'm not a Republican.
I'm not trying to do anything but show that our President has the wrong ideas so yes, discrediting those ideas are on the table. Kind of like we discredited Bush's dumb ass ideas that Obama is expanding.

Dude, I'm not going to take a history lesson on race from you. I'm sorry, who was your first Prime Minister of Color? What are those crickets in the background? Haven't elected a non-white Prime Minister yet? Oh, the UK supported Apartheid in the 80s and helped imprison Mandela? Oh, you're still doing really bizarre imperialist things in Argentina and Africa in the diamond mines? Yeah, zip it dude. Don't call me a racist and I'm not going to get a lecture on race relations from you. I've been to the UK. That make ape chants to black players at footie games still and throw banana peels. Seriously, shut it. I'm not a racist and I'm not going to take that crap from you or anyone. If you have to throw that out to make a point, you don't have one in the first place.

I'm willing to listen if you have a point but so far, I haven't found that yet.

Yeah, tell your positive mantra to the hundreds of kids who aren't even getting a chance in Yemen, Syria, Pakistan, and Afghanistan.

Sorry, but you're attitude is disgusting.

edit on 25-4-2013 by justinsweatt because: word left out that didn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

why not try saying this (if your racist
)...."we need to support him, as his pedigree and legacy is unique to the office (ie black)....we shall support him unconditionally to help our country"

Talk about racist statements.... His pedigree? lol

His race has nothing to do with how I feel about him. I find his policies and values to be in direct contrast to my own.

In the US we pay poor people to have babies...the more babies the more money they get. Look in the ghettos and you see 20 some odd year old single mothers with a half dozen children from different fathers. This is what we, as a country, want to promote? Our incentive systems are all screwed up.

We pay farmers to not plant food. We pay women to be baby factories. We pay people disability that have no disabilities. We reward lack of drive and work ethic and penalize drive and excellent work ethics.

We condition people to accept taxation at extreme rates without question. We teach people that the "state" has all the answers and will take care of people. The state knows what is best for us....

WTF?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

The trial is underway for a former Democratic official and a Board of Elections worker who are accused of being part of a plot that has raised questions over whether President Obama's campaign -- when he was a candidate in 2008 -- submitted enough legitimate signatures to have legally qualified for the presidential primary ballot.

The two face charges of orchestrating an illegal scheme to fake the petitions that enabled then-candidates Obama, and Hillary Clinton, to qualify for the race in Indiana.

Former longtime St. Joseph County Democratic Party Chairman Butch Morgan Jr. faces multiple felony conspiracy counts to commit petition fraud, and former county Board of Elections worker Dustin Blythe is charged with nine felony forgery counts and one felony count of falsely making a petition of nomination. The proceedings began Monday in South Bend.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Oh I'm sure the birthers and other Obama haters are going to just pounce on this one with everything they have. Quick, start screaming about how Obama isn't really president and how we as a nation must raise up and start a bloody civil war over it!

This whole "trial" smacks of sour grape conservatives still trying to have Obama removed from office for any stupid thing they can.
edit on Tue Apr 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags

So you think election fraud is okay and that incidents of it should not be investigated or prosecuted?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
THIS IS FOR DAVID 64...FROM THE OTHER CLOSED THREAD

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by thePharaoh

I see no one as a foe, I just don't get the folks who sing Obama's praises, when he is so obviously doing a bad job.

?? a bad job

did you want him to keep borrowing, increasing the deficit
LIKE EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT... to make himself look good

or, you found a real leader, whos addressing the debt head on,

hes also being boycotted by the republican private sector.

while a democrat runs the country...private firms increase sacking/redundancy, hold profits, hold growth

when a repbulican (even a C grade student) comes to power
the private industry
starts employing, investing, increasing growth

making it appear he is successful

so its not obama you should be complaining to
but these anti american boycotters...that will destroy the country based on party "business pressure"

Why would I NEED to hate someone? Life is complicated enough without making stuff up.

if your like the rest of the rich GOP
i say its because you have nothing to do...other than hate

You're saying anyone who doesn't agree with the government agenda should be sent to GetMo? Give it time, they're workin' on it.

no...im saying support them
suport them to make the right decision
hand them the right information

when your saturating the presidancy with immense hearsay
its hard for the genuine americans..who are looking forward...to get a voice in edgeways

if i want to lobby for something..ie getting our seniors, to help our youths.
i have to stand in a que, behind someone wanting to seceed, someone wanting to check his birth certificate, someone asking him about Jayz, someone wanting a 30mag oozie......

weve wasted...not his time
BUT OUR TIME.....

noone talks about helping each other any more, or tying to improve the system

instead..were pointing and hating
everyones singing the tune..of a handful of republicans

if you dont like obama..cool...federal law doesnt impeach onto state or local law
so watch your local leaders...and point at them

obama is stuck..between a rock and a hard place
if he helps..hes hated
if he does nothing..he hated

i say..drink the hate...history will judge you later
so far..hes a hero

thanks for this oppurtunity
though im yet to find one articulate comment explaining why hes hate by some
untill this happens
i guess i will just have to call them racists..and they are hurting everytime they see the oval office with a great black man in it

i for one love it, love america, love the president
and im from london! lol

edit on 23-4-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

What are you talking about? Under this administration, the debt has grown almost more than all previous administrations combined.

The amount of added debt held by the public may exceed Obama’s predecessors by October 2013, according to White House projections.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

My concern is not this particular trial, but that this kind of cheating is not front page news across the country. This petition fraud is the one caught, how many other petition frauds did we actually have?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I have no idea what the user is trying to convey here. I'd love to know.....but apparently the only thing we're going to get is platitudes straight from an East End New Age pamphlet and the response of "you're a racist".

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by straddlebug

My concern is not this particular trial, but that this kind of cheating is not front page news across the country. This petition fraud is the one caught, how many other petition frauds did we actually have?

Meh, I don't think anyone wants to admit that since the year 2000, our elections have been really sketchy.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Its cool OP, chances are nothing gonna happen but.... this is ATS so...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
let me start by saying that i just read the thread on the death of an ATS member
so im a bit baffled right now

thanks for your posts...im begining to understand what your point is

from what im reading... i got to be honest out of love...

i feel that you lot are
not looking forward
and the attitude is a bit defeatest

if you look at industry... you will see why you have these low rates and stats...
if theres a boycott that was meant to last for 4 years ... is now going to be 8 years

what im saying is... dont stop being the great people you are... during small blips

democratic republic.. ok...the system is still for the people by the people
i understand you dont trust our leaders..thats cool... we are not children

but your issue is not about reality... its about perspective
if you go live in the desert... and you see the american system... with
no limits on your wealth
a free market
free education
healthcare etc etc

these are where you should be putting your efforts
and the oval office is there to help you

your fustration doesnt come from me
its there because youve forgotten how free you really are...and what america represents

think llike this... even if you really hate obama
we are soo capable and leaders in every market... we can afford to have this president
because the collective behind him, the people of these states...thats where the greatness is

dude these squabbles are making you forget that you can do amazing things in an amazing system.
stop letting unhealthy minds and hearts distract your energy

while we sit at home.. in our secure environment.. we forget frail and old people are out there and need that wasted energy.

all im saying is... if your local community stinks....then you know where your energy should go
ring your local leader... lobby...

ITS NOT A MONOLOGUE
ITS A DIALOGUE

your system is great... time you knew that

our leaders are not tyrants or dictators
all the president can do is offer a vote on the chosen topic... in the house of reps
other than emergency powers... he cant do anything

ITS UP TO US

join the market, be an active citizen, your tiny effort would be magnified to an infinte level
and when your old and frail... you can look back at the great society youve helped make

no matter where you are in the world... this is true
its our empire afterall....

peace

edit on 25-4-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Dude, you seriously have zero idea of the American system. For one thing, it's the Vice President that is the tie breaking vote in the Senate, not the President.

This is seriously a test of will and patience. I'm going to make a few remarks to respond and then I'm leaving this conversation.

1. We ARE looking forward. There are so many Americans that know that we will not stand for the murder of innocent children around the world in our name. We're not advocating those policies. We don't advocate torture. We don't advocate advocate a lot of things that the government is involved in. The government is going to continue to do it in our names because this is a government by the corporations and banks and by the corporations and banks. Not the people. The people don't have anything to do with it anymore. At all.

2. America used to be filled great people but those generations have pretty much died off some time ago. Now we're a country filled with soccer mom yuppie cowards who cower in fear and do everything the establishment tells them to so that they can be "safe". It's the most idiotic thing I've ever seen and truly frightening. We've outsourced our manufacturing, our families, our jobs, our livelihood, our kids, everything. We're lazy POS country that wants everyone else to do it for us now.

3. My issue is not about reality? Look, pal, go read a Glenn Greenwald article in the Guardian and get a dose of reality and then go listen to Max Keiser regarding financials.
We do not have a free market. We have one of the most regulated markets in the world now. China has a free-er market than we do. We do not have free education. Education budgets are being cut all over the place here in the states. If you knew anything and had picked up a paper regarding the day to day of American financials since 2009, you would know that. Free healthcare? What? You mean that medical insurance bailout called Obamacare? Dude. Even our representatives want to opt out of that nightmare and it's going to drive our costs up an additional 25 to 50% by next year. Are you typing to me from a bubble on the planet mars? Where are you getting this stuff.

4. My frustration does come from you because we have self-important Europeans all over the world trying to tell us what to do and what really needs to be happening. Focus on England, buddy, we don't need your help because you're too ignorant of our system to be a help at all.

5. There is no greatness in killing an 16 year old American citizen. Why can't anyone admit that? Why? You are not a decent man if you kill children. At all. If you sign papers that kill first responders and bomb funerals. You're a sick #$%^ and should be called out for that. Why do you keep glossing over that? Why? When are people going to get it??? Is murder just a squabble? See you can't answer that. You can't answer to NDAA, you can't answer to the criminal things that this administration has been involved in. I'm supposed to just sing nursery rhymes and "be happy". Dude. Zip. It.

6. Our system is not great. Our leaders our tyrants who are getting out of control and walking all over our civil liberties.

7. I am joining the market by telling you that the market stinks and that it's rigged. You're just yelling for people to agree with you and if you can't handle someone disagreeing with you, you had better get off of these forums.

8. As some advice, you really, really, really need to read a whole lot more about American politics if you're going to comment on them. Right now, sorry, this isn't meant to be mean, but you don't know @#$% all of what you're talking about.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join