It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it ethnic cleansing in Myanmar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Found an article today on the plight of Muslims being pushed out of Myanmar. The report is calling it ethnic cleansing. I have to ask, what is wrong with saying, "No, we don't want you here,"?

Here in the U.S., it seems we have the right to do everything EXCEPT say no. I know it is pure ignorance to discriminate against anyone because of the color of their skin, their age, or their sex. These things are trivial.

But, I wouldn't want members of the Pentecostal church parading down the street carry rattle snakes, or be witness to an animal sacrifice by other religions. And I don't want Muslims here either.

When the constitution was being drafted, did any of the forefathers ever hear the word Islam? I'm sure if they saw Islam coming this way they would have made adjustments to bar it from the U.S.

As for the Myanmar event, I hate how people are being hurt, but I'm telling you if we don't draw the line right now, the nation of Islam is going to take over the world.

If any religion can cause so much hatred in the world, then that religion is not working. That religion is not a religion. And, I want to say no to it spreading into my country and all over the world. Go ahead, bash me, call me every bad name imaginable, but that's how I feel.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well I suppose one has to first ask is it actually ethnically based?

Because I agree its rather unfair to target somebody because of their genetics, that they will never be able to change in their entire life no matter how hard they might try.

However, if its religion, of any description, then thats a personal choice on what idiocy they choose to believe in. People who lived in an area of the world before certain stupid subhuman ideas came along are most certainly right to say "those stupid "beliefs" are not welcome... but you're welcome to stay if you grow a brain".

This doesnt apply just to Myanmar.

Edit - the article isnt clear on how the pwople treats Rohingya's who are not muslims. The two words go together it seems, and while the anger appears to be religious-based, it seems to flow over to ethnicity even though it may not always be true.

edit on 22-4-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

However, if its religion, of any description, then thats a personal choice on what idiocy they choose to believe in.

Right. This isn't an attack on their humanity, it's an attack on their ideals. And right now their ideals just don't fit in anywhere except in the Middle east. I have NO problem whatsoever with the believers in Islam. Just go to where those ideals are welcome. Have a great life there, and may you never get your head cut off for mistakenly writing the word Allah with three 'L's.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Found an article today on the plight of Muslims being pushed out of Myanmar. The report is calling it ethnic cleansing. I have to ask, what is wrong with saying, "No, we don't want you here,"?

Here in the U.S., it seems we have the right to do everything EXCEPT say no. I know it is pure ignorance to discriminate against anyone because of the color of their skin, their age, or their sex. These things are trivial.

But, I wouldn't want members of the Pentecostal church parading down the street carry rattle snakes, or be witness to an animal sacrifice by other religions. And I don't want Muslims here either.

When the constitution was being drafted, did any of the forefathers ever hear the word Islam? I'm sure if they saw Islam coming this way they would have made adjustments to bar it from the U.S.

As for the Myanmar event, I hate how people are being hurt, but I'm telling you if we don't draw the line right now, the nation of Islam is going to take over the world.

If any religion can cause so much hatred in the world, then that religion is not working. That religion is not a religion. And, I want to say no to it spreading into my country and all over the world. Go ahead, bash me, call me every bad name imaginable, but that's how I feel.

edition.cnn.com...

Considering the very first country to recognize the US was an Islamic state, Morocco and that the Sultan placed our shipping under his protection during the revolution to deter pirates because nobody else would, that Washinton as President wrote a letter to Sultan Sidi Mohamed increasing our ties to them and leading to our oldest unbroken treaty with any nation then it should be clear the US has been involved with Islam from the start.

Also some of the founding fathers mentioned muslims and their veiws on them

Franklin said of his religious meeting house in Philly-

even if the Mufti of Constantinople were to send a missionary to preach Mohammedanism to us, he would find a pulpit at his service

John Adams compated the Prophet Muhammad to other great thinkers saying he was a-

sober inquirer after truth

Jeffeson summed up the founding fathers intentions in dealing with Isalm

"the bill for establishing religious freedom... was finally passed,... a singular proposition proved that its protection of opinion was meant to be universal. Where the preamble declares that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed, by inserting the word 'Jesus Christ,' so that it should read 'a departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion.' The insertion was rejected by a great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend within the mantle of its protection the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mahometan, the Hindoo and infidel of every denomination."[

You should also keep in mind that Mulsims have fought beside the US in almost every war and the over 15,000 of them are protecting your right to dislike them in the US military.
edit on 22-4-2013 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
S&F

For going against the grain of neglect of the world upon Burma

It so happens Myanmar boasts 135 ethnic groups, which is over twice as diverse than even China.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Is it just Muslims, or is it middle eastern people all together? What about westernized offspring of Muslims? Are you aware that there are very different sects of Islam? Are all unwelcome, regardless of their actual individuality, or contribution to their community? What if they refuse to move? Does that then allow violence to be used against them? Hard to impose your will upon others without a good hefty dose of indiscriminate violence.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Considering the very first country to recognize the US was an Islamic state, Morocco and that the Sultan placed our shipping under his protection during the revolution to deter pirates because nobody else would, that Washinton as President wrote a letter to Sultan Sidi Mohamed increasing our ties to them and leading to our oldest unbroken treaty with any nation then it should be clear the US has been involved with Islam from the start.
reply to post by MrSpad

Wow! Now that you mention it, I think I remember watching a documentary on that. Good memory, MrSpad.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

You should also keep in mind that Mulsims have fought beside the US in almost every war and the over 15,000 of them are protecting your right to dislike them in the US military.

I won't lie. That is scary.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I caught this on the news this morning

It was sickening to watch a man (Muslim) burning to death and hear a Buddhist, yes Buddhist say "Don't waste the water on him, let him burn"

Yes I do believe it is ethnic cleansing as the authorities stand by and watch whilst doing nothing. ANY form of ethnic cleansing is wrong IMO, did we learn nothing from Bosnia and the Nazis ?

Admittedly this from Aljazeera
But I will link to the BBC report after to add balance.

Warning graphic violence

And the link to the BBC version of events with video

Same warning

The video is here

No man regardless of race creed or colour should die like that

Cody

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
"ethnic cleansing"....always hated that phrase, it makes mass genocide sound more like spring cleaning....

I still remember the Onion Atlas entry for this country...."Holy Crap, they still have slaves!"

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Onion atlas ?
That's a new one on me Gazrok
I'll look it up Thanks

Cody

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

It is a riot, you'll not be sorry.
it's called "Our Dumb World"
edit on 23-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Just ordered it
Thanks
There's a few you tube clips of it hilarious.

Sorry to go off topic Jigger
But it is

Cody

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

ANY form of ethnic cleansing is wrong IMO,

Yes it's wrong. It's disgusting. It's evil and every other negative word that applies. But what is the answer if people don't fight back? In other parts of the world where Muslims have the majority or the upper hand, they are doing the same thing. It's a freaking nightmare, it really is.

Islamic Terror Attacks on Christians

Islamic Terror Attacks on American Soil

new topics

top topics

join