It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid to die?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
Are you afraid to die?

Not really. Dying once was no so bad.

(I remember my last death)

edit on 23-4-2013 by swan001 because: Precision

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
No, just some of the stuff associated with it, as is normal. Most people don't realize they want to win the golden ticket out of dodge. Its being prepared spiritually, not necessarily religiously, that counts, ie forgiving everyone, and self, using humor, working through problems, understanding others, its always about others. Seeking to make a difference somehow in this world, if possible, through actions, otherwise through intentions and prayers. First healing yourself, and not repsonding with reactionary violence or anger to anything and then striving to help.

Open your minds, clear your programming, so you don't believe in this heavy karma, so you don't think there is only a negative way for souls to learn, so you have the confidence in LOVE, knowing what Love is, to expect help and rescue always and forgive self and others, thats the most important thing. Because most religions are not teaching LOVE and what God/Goodness/Love is, they're promoting a warring opposite, and karma.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Afraid to die?

No...but neither am I in a hurry to rush towards it, or embrace it.

Like any other obligation you hate to do, but know you eventually have to...I'm going to try and put it off as long as possible, how about that?

At the same time though, I'm going to LIVE my life, and not suffer while living, to put a few more years of suffering on the clock. That's what I don't get about health nuts.

Be healthy, fine...but obsessing about it? Oh well.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
That's what I don't get about health nuts.

Be healthy, fine...but obsessing about it? Oh well.

Yeah, I feel you mate.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Definitely not.

Based on my life experience, I know that death is just a new journey for our soul.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
No, I am afraid of leaving my children, husband, friends, and family behind though. Oh and while the idea of dying doesn't scare me, the idea that it might hurt does. I hope I go out painlessly.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Yes! ARE you?
No.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The below post was one I made some time back in another thread.. Since this is pretty much the same question I am posting it here.

I was debating whether or not to even post this, as I am still trying to understand it all myself. I will not discuss what occurred or the injuries ( for those familiar with my background you know why). If people have questions by all means feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer. All I ask is please don't flame me and as I stated before im not completely comfortable even sharing this.

Some weeks ago I was involved in a situation at work that resulted in me being taken to the hospital. When we got to the ER things went downhill fast and I ended up coding. The experience was, for lack of a better word, unique. I remember being brought into the room prior to coding, however at the time I knew something was going on that I could not explain. I remember seeing the medical staff hovering around, talking to me and each other.

I remember hearing staff calling for the crash cart and I remember the orders being given as I slipped away. I could hear the monitor sounds increase and then stop, at which point my view of the room went from the conscious to the, again for lack of a better word, somewhere else.

Things did not go black for me. Instead I found myself in a place that was not familiar, yet familiar. I felt completely comfortable and at peace. The pain, both physical as well as mental, going back to my childhood was gone. I remember being in what I can only describe as an auditorium like setting (again hard to explain so I am going to use general terms and will try and clarify). There was.....someone (I dont know who) next to me that seemed to almost be like a guide / entity that was assigned to me (again for lack of a better word).

I felt at ease around this... person... even though I didnt know who / what it was. When I looked around all I could really focus on was what was in front of me. It was as if I was peering in on a meeting. There were multiple people there who seemed to be talking however I could not make out what was being said however I got the feeling I was being discussed.

The "room" the meeting took place in was and still is something I cant quite describe. The people present are also hard to describe. All I can explain is they looked like me (human) but I cant even begin to describe their appearance / clothing. Time also became a non factor which is to say during the incident time never came into my thought process - I was just there. There was no feeling of anxiousness / boredom / time going fast or time dragging by. It never entered my thought process to equate what was going on with any time frame.

As a matter of fact the only feelings I was even aware of was happiness, acceptance, etc and something else... A warm feeling that I can only describe as how one feels when something goes majorly wrong and the people it affects are more concerned with you than themselves.

I experienced only what I can describe as emotions however I cant explain them as I have never felt / experienced anything like that in my life to this point.

As cliche as it sounds the "meeting / discussion" seemed to be ending. I remember having that "everyone is looking at you" experience where what I can only guess is where a "decision" about me was made. Again this part is difficult to explain so bear with me. It was weird because I don't ever remember being directly addressed in any type of verbal communication (that I can remember) by anyone yet somehow I knew I was the topic and that a decision was made that it was not my time (again cliche so I apologize. I just don't know how to put this into words).

I remember looking at the person next to me at which point things started to feel as if they were just melting away or I was falling away from it. The next thing I remember I was back in the ER and medical staff was still working on me. What was weird was I still felt no pain and still felt totally at ease. The last thing I remember was the doctor ordering drugs used for conscious intubations. My next memory was waking up in ICU the following day.

The doctor came by to visit to check on me. While we were talking he still does not know how I made it based on all of the circumstances and I still cannot explain it myself either. What I am sure of is there is more beyond this life. What that is is still unknown to me but there is definitely somewhere else we go.

I will leave it here for now. I don't know where I went however I do know for sure I was not here as we know it. Like I said I am not comfortable sharing this info as its personal and I am still trying to digest it. Please, don't flame.

edit on 23-4-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm not afraid of death.

However, I'd like to live for awhile yet.

I'd like to see my granddaughter achieve all the milestones that kids achieve.

I'd like to build another house.

I'd like to write a book.

I'd like to visit my daughter in Australia and New Orleans.

There are lots of things that I would like to do yet in this life so I'm not ready to pass over just yet.

In terms of fear, I don't have a fear of death. If there is nothing after death, then I won't have pain or worries. If the religions are correct and there is an after life, I'm looking forward to it. If you're soul can reincarnate, then I'd like to come back again because I still have so much to learn.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thanks for posting your experience.

I do believe that, for lack of a better word, your soul continues on after physical death.

People who have had experiences like yours tend to not fear death.

Bob

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Alan Watts gives some sage perspective:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

You should stop doing that sort of thing Pi.......people might get the wrong impression.
I know that, but lie it is not a part of my life and never will be.Sorry.

What people need to realize is that no one will find conclusive proof of what happens after we die.
Oh I guess that 'somewhere on this boards' you might find an answer to that matter.

The the finesse of those posts and the deep thinking will be very hard to drove you and others to a conclusive conclusion.

So you don't know what happens after death. That doesn't mean you shouldn't live your life to the fullest and leave your impression on everyone you meet. Many people also say that everyone wants to be remembered for something
Living life to the fullest and to be remembered for something doesn't match,because that requires sacrifice.

You can extend your heart, hand, influence or body to someone to make them feel good in some way, and that makes you feel good, right? Therefore it's not selfless because you got something out of the deal as well. It makes you feel good that they do. It may not be selfish, but it's not selfless either.
NO,because I feel what they feel that happiness they feel when you help them .

And that it is not my feeling ,therefore it is not selfish nor selfless that feeling.

I know ,hard to understand.

I like you Pi. A lot of people here do. I may not understand everything you write but you bring a good balance to this board. You're making your impression.
Thank you TD. I try to...although lately I see too much death around us.

And that is making me very sad.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

I’m not afraid to die, but I am afraid of what will happened to my loved ones when I leave this place, who will protect my daughter and my parents ofc if I die before them. but manly my daughter. Least if I die before I’m 65 my daughter will get my personal pensions.. I have no religion or faith, so I don’t see there being anything for me after death!
But you do have a religion for the simple thing that you are worried to what will happen after you will die.

And if believe,you can be sure that someone will take care of them.

You see this the reason of why some families are loosing names and fortune during time(generations).

Because of the simple mainly thing for raising the same question in the same cold way.

Regards to you also J.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Undoubtedly no! I'm actually quite looking forward to it, not in a suicidal way, just curious to see what happens, I 100% know that the soul live on after death, you are entitled to your opinion and im not going to force my beliefs down anyones throat but for me theres no doubt that there is an eternal soul, it will be exciting to experience death !

"Like corn mortals ripen and fall, like corn they rise up again at the next season"

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

If that was the beginning of death it was a pleasant experience up till the point I had to return, replug in to the senses and figure out who I was. I think dying will be stressful, like getting a new job or like moving far away. It is possible though that we could dim out to nothing but the particles were made of, that would be peaceful too.
The link between the body and soul it's a thin line which cannot passed without stressing one and the other.

But in the same time there are cases in which that kind of stress doesn't exist.

Very rare indeed.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm only scared to die before my parents, I would hate to have to put them through that., however I do believe there is more to life after you die.
edit on 23/4/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Reading the many posts on this thread and another thread about NDE, I tell myself maybe not everyone goes through "the" tunnel to a state of love and beauty. I agree that we all transform, maybe not into the same place.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

At the same time though, I'm going to LIVE my life, and not suffer while living, to put a few more years of suffering on the clock. That's what I don't get about health nuts. Be healthy, fine...but obsessing about it? Oh well.
Well I guess that you are right because those 'health nuts' abused life in a way they have become obsessed with health.

Of course by accusing everything and anything of it in this world except their abuses of which they are very aware .

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I have a question for all you brave souls who do not fear death. If given the opportunity, would you choose to live forever? Not that you couldn't die, I mean you could still get hit by a car or pull a cell phone out near some police and die.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join