It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid to die?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I don't fear death because it's the only guarantee in life.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

I remember one night when I was a small boy, in bed waiting for sleep to come. I thought about a dead bird I saw that day, & connected that with the fact that all living things must die, even people. It was a short jump from there to my 1st confrontation with my own mortality, & I was terrified! I was going to die! I burst into tears, & my Mom heard me. She came into my room & sat on the bed, asking me what was wrong.
Oh you do not even dream how many time Devil has tried to take my life and in how many ways.

Starting from childhood.

And he still tries...

It's natural for us to wish to live to "a ripe old age", but one of the things that not too many of us think about, til we get there, is that to live long is often to live longer than many people we care about. In my case, Cancer, Lou Gehrig's Disease, drunken accidents, drug overdoses, a brain tumor, heart disease, & Leukemia have thinned the ranks of my loved ones until there's almost no one left but me.

"The same thing is happening with luck ,some people are more lucky than others because the needed amount of layers in time of generations has gathered and at a certain moment in time the luck will self-ignite.

So what is very interesting is that luck is gived for many generations and if one of them will consume all that amount the neccesary conditions needed to gather that amount that can generate the spark will need more time.

But layers can be found all over in our lives I mean even Life is built in layers.Each layer is a memory in a cell and of the cell and in our mind building the genetic inheritance."

source....www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Are you afraid to die?

Yes! ARE you?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Love the OP. Looking forward to reading the discussion.

My view on fear is that we are conditioned to fear what we do, and we're conditioned to fear it the WAY we do. If one were to want to fear in their own way, they would certainly have that choice.

Personally, I'm rather interested in my own death, just out of curiosity. I want to find out, but there's only one way, and there's no way back. That is a scary prospect, but it's going to happen anyway, so bring it!

On the other hand, I really love my life, and it is the fear of loss... unfinished plans, people, activities that will be missed. You know, just all the mortal trappings of this portion of life. Sex, drugs, rock and roll.

What I'm afraid of more than death, is pain. I don't wear my seatbelt because I'm afraid I'll die, I wear it because I'm afraid of being catastrophically, but not fatally wounded. If I end up a vegetable, put me in a blender!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

I enjoy life for the sake of others.

You should stop doing that sort of thing Pi.......people might get the wrong impression.

Afraid of dying? No
Ready to die? No
Will I fight it? No

A lot of people here have said they fear dying because they don't want to leave their children. There are a lot of good people on this board. I'm one of them. Many people also say that fear is the most used emotion we have. I agree. But I also think it doesn't have to be this way. Fearing the unknown, like death for example, is natural I think. What people need to realize is that no one will find conclusive proof of what happens after we die. Ever.

People just need to accept that fact and live with it. So you don't know what happens after death. That doesn't mean you shouldn't live your life to the fullest and leave your impression on everyone you meet. Many people also say that everyone wants to be remembered for something. Only on some peoples' death beds do they realize that positive impressions last longer in peoples' minds and hearts then negative ones. Life tends to get in the way of that realization. Death brings it on board.

You say you live for other peoples' happiness. That's all and fine Pi, but do you really want to be remembered as someone who never thought of them-self? Someone posed a question a long time ago........is there any such thing as a selfless good deed? The answer is no IMO. You can extend your heart, hand, influence or body to someone to make them feel good in some way, and that makes you feel good, right? Therefore it's not selfless because you got something out of the deal as well. It makes you feel good that they do. It may not be selfish, but it's not selfless either.

I realized that some time back when I did some work for someone and they told me point blank that I made them see things from a different angle then what they're used to. At that point I realized that what I do, write, leaves an impression on people and that's why I make a conscious effort to make it a positive one. It doesn't always work, sometimes I'm still a first class prick, but I'm better then I used to be. That's also what I'm not afraid of dying. I've made my mark many times over in that fashion and I've fathered children. I've left my impressions. I can get plowed down by a semi on my way to work tomorrow. No worries here. My body may not make it through the ordeal, but everything I've done over the years will be here long after everyone in this lifetime has read it. The impression I've made on my children will live on as well. Like the old saying goes.........living forever isn't the trick...living with yourself forever, that's the trick.

I like you Pi. A lot of people here do. I may not understand everything you write but you bring a good balance to this board. You're making your impression.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Good morning Truthers.
Which information is most likely to ruin the plans of evildoers?
Will they try to kill you for sharing that information widely?
When you have decided to die there is nothing left to fear.
Freedom to choose your path is assured.
Get out there and share.
You have nothing to lose.
We have everything to gain.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

In answer to your question . NO, but I'm also not in a hurry for it either.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I’m not afraid to die, but I am afraid of what will happened to my loved ones when I leave this place, who will protect my daughter and my parents ofc if I die before them. but manly my daughter.

Least if I die before I’m 65 my daughter will get my personal pensions..

I have no religion or faith, so I don’t see there being anything for me after death!

Regards J

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I have no fear of death. I ask only that I do not go in my sleep. I want to KNOW I am going out. I refuse to check out quietly.

When I enter the long dream, I would hope that I go bellowing defiance at my enemies, with just as much of thier blood on me as my own.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Not afraid at all, but I agree that I would rather not suffer too much.

I was once knocked out of my body after a violent collision and then I returned with the last outside vision being the top of my head prior to seeing out of my bodies eyes again.

I imagine had my body not been intact I would have not been able to return and that would of been death, but I could be wrong. If that was the beginning of death it was a pleasant experience up till the point I had to return, replug in to the senses and figure out who I was. I think dying will be stressful, like getting a new job or like moving far away. It is possible though that we could dim out to nothing but the particles were made of, that would be peaceful too.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

They shot me through the back with a directed energy weapon. No blood, just swelling and PAIN.
Been bellowing my defiance ever since.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kester

What was it? Some sort of compressed soundwave ?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I wish I knew. I was sitting on a bench having an intense conversation with my brother. I became aware of a feeling of discomfort. I didn't react because of the intensity of the conversation. I suspect they wait for such moments so you don't immediately react. Over the following hour it became much worse. By nightfall I was giving my last messages. I could barely breathe. Next day I managed to walk 10 yard bent over double. Three days later I could stand up straight again. After ten days the pain had almost gone but other effects remained. Shuddering sighs like a dying animal for example. My wife told me the entry point was swollen and red. I could feel the path through me and a less painful effect at the exit point. She also said some of what I described sounded like the after effects of radiation therapy.

This happened in Gloucestershire just over twenty four hours after I'd done the most effective political act of my life. They don't hang about.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I have always imagined life as a huge amusement park.Most of us are truly done with the rides that are really fun to do,say about the age of 70-75,,and by then a lot of people should have over rode them to death....Believe me there are only a handful of rides which worth doing for hundreds and thousands of times,the rest are just side shows....But I will be happy to leave the old park and give my place to a younger more enthusiastic kid when my times up....Of course it would be much appreciated if it is sudden and painless,preferably in the sleep if its possible your highness the almighty.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

Second choice?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if I am dead in the universe I was originally born in, but I was transferred here with a just few bumps and bruises to continue along the same lifeline I had been in in the last world (another universe, bubble) without the knowledge of having died, so that I may continue the experience up until the point of common natural life for this species.

Like a computer simulation where you re-spawn, but instead a new bubble is formed and you continue as if you never died - except for those in the world you left where for them you are indeed dead and gone.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
death? death?

i laugh in the face of death!

hated is an anagram of death, and

(s)he who hated death, hated life.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Nope, I embrace it.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This happened to me In 2000 on December 12th at 11:45 ........ I had open heart surgery and had a St. Jude artificial heart valve installed in my aortic valve. Sometime around 3:45 I regained consciousness and at that moment had tubes and ventilation in my throat. I couldn't breathe, not even a gasp. I remember being in somewhat of a fog and the reality of being unable to breathe. With my eyes, I could see around me as I laid restrained on the gurney, but then it hit me.... I could not breathe, I could not do anything except look around. I don't remember anyone near me, or to my sides, but certainly there must of been.

During those many seconds, I came to a realization that it would be not to many moments before lack of oxygen would suffocate me, I would finally pass out. Imagine holding your breath....... as long as you can, then still not being able to take a breath, a barrier, and watching and experiencing a wave of black consume you. It came ...... it was a slowing.... and slowing, the last moments of consciousness, then nothing. At the point of 'nothing' there was nothing, no tunnel, no light, no hovering over my body, but simply, existence had ended, No awareness.

Then, once again, I was awake, having been paddled to resuscitate me. Only instead of paddles, there were two wires with electrodes inserted in my chest near my heart to be used for this purpose. It had worked, but once again, nothing had changed, I still could not breathe. Again everything would happen to me as before. I lost consciousness. This time however, while still conscious, in my mind it was apparent that I was dying, but death didn't hurt.... there was no pain and it was easy to pass from life to death. Only the moments, eyes open were my awareness, and how many of them would I have left as I suffocated. From the beginning of the second consciousness on through the repeat, I now knew how much time I had before blackness would again take me. My reckoning was about a minute or so. Beyond that, there was no spiritual experience, no thought of my world, nothing beyond my immediate condition. Again the blackness and awareness consumed me slower this time until the very last moment. My thoughts still.... 'this doesn't hurt, or is it frightening'. Again cardiac arrest. A second bout with the electrodes/wires brought me back once more, my eyes open, a sizable Black man in my immediate view, and for a moment, a sort of resignation of having this unending drama repeat itself again. This time however the Man reached and pulled a tube out of my throat, one of several, that was about the size in diameter of a quarter. I could feel the tube sliding out of my throat, somewhat of an uncomfortable sensation, yet there seemed to be no gag reflex, just a smooth pull. As the ventilation tube exited my mouth, I gasped in relief with a huge gulp of breath, the cool life giving air could now be pulled into my lungs, and what a feeling to behold. The man, a medical assistant I believe then told me to relax, and take slow breaths. It was difficult at first, yet that calmness of not being able to breathe and that moment flowed over to this new moment, and the immediacy was gone.

I could now breathe, the coolness and the taste of air was beyond welcome, oh so welcome. As I became increasingly aware, I now felt the associated pain of my heart seeing the light of day. I had been pulled apart, and now pain would have it's way with me. A woman nurse asked if I needed morphine, and I nodded Yes as best I could. And within a minute or so a wave of contentment swept over me, and the pain didn't matter. It was still there, it had just lost it's power over me. There was more.

A trip to intensive care, and finally a simple recovery hospital room with others, and then I was released to go home five days after all this had all happened.

This is what death felt like to me.... It holds no power or fear over me now, nor will it ever be able to. I have crossed that moment.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I myself am not afraid of death, and I hope one day to pass like my grandfather, peacefully and in his sleep. Unlike his passengers kicking and screaming.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join