It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

man saves 6 year old son from the jaws of an alligator

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Wow a man and his 6 year old son were preparing for a canoo trip when 6 year old Joey Welch stumbled into the shallow water and was grabbed by an 8 foot alligator

His dad saw him fall and heard the screaming and realized it was an alligator so he ran down and grabbed on part of his son while the alligator had his arm

He said he did not want to get in a tug of war with the alligator and rip his sons arm off so he just started punching the alligator in the head repeatedly while another bystander joined in and started kicking the alligator in the belly.

The 8 FOOT alligator eventually let go and the boy escaped with his arm and amazingly only minor injuries

The animal was later killed by animal control

I cant even imagine the terror both dad and son must have felt

Only your father is gonna save you fom the jaws of an 8 foot alligator,,
video of the story at the link
www.wsvn.com...

PEMBROKE PINES, Fla. (WSVN) -- A South Florida boy is lucky to be alive after drifting into danger. The boy stumbled into the water and right in to a cold blooded creature.

Six-year-old Joey Welch didn't just get boo-boos, he was left with survival scars from the grip of an alligator's jaw. "It must have been this wide," said Joey's father, Joseph Welch. "This must have been about each edge of his mouth.

"The alligator went like this and grabbed my arm and I couldn't get out," said Joey.

eta

edit on 22-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Animal control took out the wrong beast. That alligator didn't leave its environment.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Reminds me of the D.L. Hughley joke about an man beating an alligator of his son, that if it was getting his son that he'd take it as pretty much being an act of god.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Finally, a happy ending to a tragic occurrence. Well semi, the little feller did get some stitches. Thank goodness his father did not panic. 9 times out of 10, it is panic to a situation that often becomes deadly. I do feel bad for the gator though. It was only doing what a gator is usually doing, looking for sun and a meal.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Sounds like you just said animal control should have taken out the boy because he was not at home? Is that what you are saying?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Reminds me of the D.L. Hughley joke about an man beating an alligator of his son, that if it was getting his son that he'd take it as pretty much being an act of god.

lol I was thinkung that too D.L said "I love my kids but if an alligator gets one of my kids then thats just gods will"

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Wow!! That is a great story. I would have been so afraid and freaked out. But, ya know, as a parent, if it is your baby, you come up with all kinds of skills.

Poor kid. Probably will never be the same

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by goou111

Wow!! That is a great story. I would have been so afraid and freaked out. But, ya know, as a parent, if it is your baby, you come up with all kinds of skills.

Poor kid. Probably will never be the same

I was thinking poor kid too but in the video he was just riding his 3 wheeler like nothing happened, so i think this kid will bounce right back and be proud of his war story

eta
it will probably be dad that never gets over it lol

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Oh, I didn't watch the video, I was just listening to your story.

LOL yeah, the dad, poor guy, he will probably never be the same.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
added video to the op

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm really glad that the kid is okay with only minor injuries, but I don't get why animal control came after the kid was out of danger, and kill that gator for being a gator. ANY gator would do what that gator did. Hell, it's what they do in THEIR envirobment. Anyway, like I said, it's great that Joey is alright.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

I have spent some time with gator's and the problem is that some loose there fear of humans and won't stop trying to get another meal from humans. The gators that loose their fear of humans sure do taste good.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

I have spent some time with gator's and the problem is that some loose there fear of humans and won't stop trying to get another meal from humans. The gators that loose their fear of humans sure do taste good.

Im all for killing any animal that attacks a child.. even humans

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I understand your point of view, and gator tail is tasty, but here's the thing, they don't necessarily ''fear'' humans as it is. Try wading in gator infested water without your gun. Humans are no match without the gun, and gators don't know what guns are. So why would they fear humans? My point is, it's not like the gator attacked the kid on his front lawn, they were in the gator's natural habitat. Any other gator would do the same thing that this gator did. That's like saying sharks should have a fear for humans in the ocean. Well they don't fear humans and gators don't either. And why should they anyway, especially in their own habitat?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I understand your point of view, and gator tail is tasty, but here's the thing, they don't necessarily ''fear'' humans as it is. Try wading in gator infested water without your gun. Humans are no match without the gun, and gators don't know what guns are. So why would they fear humans? My point is, it's not like the gator attacked the kid on his front lawn, they were in the gator's natural habitat. Any other gator would do the same thing that this gator did. That's like saying sharks should have a fear for humans in the ocean. Well they don't fear humans and gators don't either. And why should they anyway, especially in their own habitat

I think that's the problem they dont fear us,

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

We're not talking about humans attacking a child. Don't know where that came from, but, whatever. We're talking about a wild animal in its habitat, doing what it was DESIGNED to do.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

We're not talking about humans attacking a child. Don't know where that came from, but, whatever. We're talking about a wild animal in its habitat, doing what it was DESIGNED to do.

I dont care if we are taliking about an alligator, a dog ,a monkey, a lion or a human if they attack a 6 year old boy they should be put down.

Just my opinion

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I understand your point of view, and gator tail is tasty, but here's the thing, they don't necessarily ''fear'' humans as it is. Try wading in gator infested water without your gun. Humans are no match without the gun, and gators don't know what guns are. So why would they fear humans? My point is, it's not like the gator attacked the kid on his front lawn, they were in the gator's natural habitat. Any other gator would do the same thing that this gator did. That's like saying sharks should have a fear for humans in the ocean. Well they don't fear humans and gators don't either. And why should they anyway, especially in their own habitat

I think that's the problem they dont fear us,
If they wander into YOUR habitat, i.e., your yard, that's one thing. But if you're in theirs, they don't and shouldn't fear you. Fear you for what? Without a weapon, to a gator, a puny human is nothing to fear.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

this is why 1 was avoiding this thread with some good news of the safety of the child and his heroic father. because 1 felt it could be aupciid into a mammalian vs reptilian type OP if derailed... Yes the alligator was in its natural home its and its sad its encounter with the humans was not a peaceful encounter and as humans continue to develop over in areas that these Creatures live there must be levels of safety maintained in order to prevent these types of dangerous encounters from happening.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I dont care if we are taliking about an alligator, a dog ,a monkey, a lion or a human if they attack a 6 year old boy they should be put down.

Just my opinion
Ok, ace.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join