man saves 6 year old son from the jaws of an alligator

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Well the way it is dealt with most of the time is whenever a gator comes up it should be scared away and not fed. I am not saying it is the gators fault but it is what it is an animal with killer instincts. Around my marina whenever come into the area we would fire a warning shot and problem solved. I viewed it as training for them and believe it saved many of them because anytime they seen people they would make sure they were not seen. The place i speak of never had gators around until the late eighties.
What you say about having to have a gun is wrong just by the article alone because they beat the gator away. There is no shortage of gators in America and the population is thriving. The majority of them will not go to humans unless they are fed.
edit on 22-4-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
IF the child had been armed with an automatic assault rifle this might not have happened..

edit on 22-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Animal control took out the wrong beast. That alligator didn't leave its environment.

alligators will kill people and eat them if the have the chance,
people will kill alligators and make boots if they have the chance.

that is the environment.. it's called planet earth

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If that kid had died, I'm all for putting that particular gator down. But the kid was basically unscathed, so why come back and kill it? My point is ANY gator would've done the same thing. So to prevent this from happening again, better kill 'em all, because it's in all of 'em. I said it before, the gator was being a gator.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by poloblack

Well the way it is dealt with most of the time is whenever a gator comes up it should be scared away and not fed. I am not saying it is the gators fault but it is what it is an animal with killer instincts. Around my marina whenever come into the area we would fire a warning shot and problem solved. I viewed it as training for them and believe it saved many of them because anytime they seen people they would make sure they were not seen. The place i speak of never had gators around until the late eighties.
What you say about having to have a gun is wrong just by the article alone because they eat the gator away. There is no shortage of gators in America and the population is thriving. The majority of them will not go to humans unless they are fed.
I get what you're saying, bro.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
OP, I apologize, as I was not trying to derail your thread. The whole point is that Joey's safe and sound. Again, my apologies. Polo.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Animal control took out the wrong beast. That alligator didn't leave its environment.

No, but it was obviously no longer in possession of it's natural avoidance response to humans either. It is very unusual for a gator to attack a kid unprovoked....though of course, the kid could have been stupid and started it...don't know. Florida has pretty much a no tolerance policy once a gator has attacked a human (and with good reason, what if it attacked again? Imagine the outcry).....

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
OP, I apologize, as I was not trying to derail your thread. The whole point is that Joey's safe and sound. Again, my apologies. Polo.

no apology needed, all opinions are welcome

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Way to go DAD! Kudo's to the bystander too! There's too many alligators out there, they need to thin them out.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

They used to be endangered, but came back successfully.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Chansi3

I'm replying to your signature... It's just brilliant!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Family canoe trip where alligators live...??

Wow, yeah. No thanks!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Wow what an incredibly stupid statement. Just wow dude.

First! right?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
edit on 7-5-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join