It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apology for low tolerance lately

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If I have offended anyone here in the last few days, I humbly apologize. A news story has gotten under my skin and I have yet to let it go. Even as I write this I feel hateful, to the point where I'm glad I am not wealthy, or a few people would certainly feel my wrath.

The news story is about this adorable little girl, Hena Akhter. She was raped by a relative, but an Imam following sharia law found her guilty of adultery and sentenced her to 101 lashes. This little angel died after receiving 70 of those lashes. The events read like an unbelievable horror story where readers would say, "That couldn't happen!"

So, I'll try to keep my anger away from my keyboard, but hey, I'm human. Unfortunately, what happened to Hena was INhuman. If I were wealthy I would have hired people to make sure that all of those involved in her death would have stood in for her and completed those 101 lashes (or worse). Thank gawd I'm not rich, eh?

Hena's story

Really, this sharia crap has got to stop!

I can't stop looking at the picture of this little girl while thinking, she's dead for being raped, she's dead for being raped. I can't express just how much I hate this.
edit on 4/20/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

This breaks my heart into a million pieces and I understand your outrage Jigger.

I have a teenage daughter but I live in America. It shoudn't matter where these precious children live in this world, they should be treated like the gifts that they are.

I do not understand sharia law, but, after reading the article, it appears they hold women accountable for rape. I do not understand how you can charge a 14 yr old child with adultery when she was raped. It is beyond anything my mind can comprehend.

Hugs to you and please know we all have hot button topics. It means you are passionate and your heart is in it. That is never a bad thing.

I find myself asking what the answer to sharia law is...wondering how this can go on in 2013...and as a parent how you can watch something like that be done to your own child. I would've grabbed my baby girl and escaped the best I could. I do not think that culture holds their children in the same regard as we westerners do.

I just know that it really makes my heart hurt.

Hugs and keep being passionate.

The world needs passion and compassion. There isnt enough of those things these days.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I can totally understand your frustration and anger because my BP went up a few notches reading your description. Too bad you're not rich perhaps!
edit on 20-4-2013 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

... and this is done in the name of God? How could people be so gullible and believe their God would allow such a thing? Sharia law is an abomination for those people who believe in a loving God and treating human beings with respect and dignity. I also deplore this law and the many unorthodox practices radical Muslims take part in like honor killings, stoning, beheading etc.... I mean this type of torture is literally straight out of horror movies! Talk about being an uncivilized race, and having a twisted and ugly way of getting justice!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If I have offended anyone here in the last few days, I humbly apologize

That's alright jigger, I'll take over, and I WON'T apologize.

My views may, or may not reflect your views.

This [snip] really [spin]es me off. These barbarians are stuck in the middle ages. They treat women like objects, abuse and torture their own people. All in the name of a god.

They want to impose their will and laws on the rest of the world, while the rest of they world mainly ignores their actions, and call us the bad guys.

Women's rights only applies to the west ? Where are the voices of the women around the world while this [snip] goes on.

Well I say send in the drones, root these evil SOB's out wherever they hide. Let the spoiled brats whine about us all they want. These types of evil people need to be rooted out wherever they are.

This thread won't get to much attention, because people who read it may have to face the FACT. That this is how radical Islam wants the world governed.

But I sure hope it does get the attention it deserves.
edit on 20-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If I was wealthy, I would make sure everyone on that court died a miserable death. I would make sure the ones that raped her had their sex organs cut off and suffered greatly for many years. I also would make sure that the ones that physically lashed her to death died slowly by multiple lashings. I guess that these people should be happy that I have no power and little money here on earth.

Like you, I am helpless to do anything other than to ask god and mother earth to do justice.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Hugs and keep being passionate. The world needs passion and compassion. There isnt enough of those things these days.
reply to post by k21968

Thank you, K. I actually have a desensitized heart. I can look at the way the world is and say, "Well, greed is a part of life. Selfishness, uncaring people, all the bad things are simply what humans do." But this, this death, has no words to describe the evilness of it. If this is what people do, then it SHOULDN'T BE.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
reply to post by jiggerj

I can totally understand your frustration and anger because my BP went up a few notches reading your description. Too bad you're not rich perhaps!
edit on 20-4-2013 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

A day after reading this (meaning a night of it festering in my mind), I told a few friends that I have get away from the news for a while. The story of Hena's death is all I can take right now.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

These types of evil people need to be rooted out wherever they are.

Oh, I've done that in my mind a thousand times in the last few days. I won't go into detail because it's certainly not pretty. The story was like a sucker punch to my head and heart.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

If I was wealthy, I would make sure everyone on that court died a miserable death. I would make sure the ones that raped her had their sex organs cut off and suffered greatly for many years. I also would make sure that the ones that physically lashed her to death died slowly by multiple lashings. I guess that these people should be happy that I have no power and little money here on earth.

You and me both, buddy. You and me both.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i know we disagreed in a thread this week, possibly the first time we have had any kind of exchange, but i sure was not offended anyway

i was on Boncho's thread on this tragic issue but it seems to have got deleted for some reason

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
She was a beautiful little girl. My condolences to you because you wouldn't be this upset it you didn't love her. Who could torture an innocent one? Surely, I do not understand the mentally. I could not agree more with you about sharia law.

I was really upset when, Ashley Billasano, the teen whose dad was pimping her out and child protective services didn't believe her story committed suicide. She tweeted her story out in 144 tweets to which none of her 200 + "friends" responded and she killed herself.

I love that girl. She deserved better parents. I spiritually adopted her in my heart and have a picture of her that I keep with one of 2 my sons.

Compassion and love are two qualities the world could use more of, for sure.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yes that is terrible - terrible things happen in this world everyday.
I am tired - I am tired of all this darkness and evil.
I am tired of the apologists of darkness and evil.
I wish we could banish them from this world.
I wish we lived in the world in a state of high consiousness where cruelty did not exist,
It is possible but unlikely given the high degree of low consciousness currently thriving.
It is depressing.
I feel depressed today.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

She was a beautiful little girl. My condolences to you because you wouldn't be this upset it you didn't love her.

Honestly, if I had read the story without seeing her I would've gotten past it because bad things happen in the world. When I told my daughter (37 years old) of the story and wanted to get the facts straight, I did a google search and Hena's pic was there. I guess putting a real human face to the atrocity, a lovely child's face, made it too real for me. It didn't help that I had recently seen the picture of the 8 year old boy killed at the Boston Marathon. It was all just too much to absorb in too short a time.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I think your heart is bigger than you know.

The world is a cruel place but if more people are kind and show their heart I honestly believe it can make it a better place. Lord, I sound like a tree huggin' hippy.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Abuse and trauma is never good. I expect we have all been exposed to it in some degree or other, broken bones, family fights... Cultures of child abuse do extend through out the world with some very long and entrenched heritage. With this case being so open, public and officially sanctioned it is no doubt disturbing.

What is common to find with all such cases is that this is nothing new, it was just how these people where raised and the rules they had. Rules and cultures do change over time, but they need positive influences and good ideas to look up to if they are to improve.
edit on 20-4-2013 by kwakakev because: expanded answer

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I understand jigg we all have our days , weeks ,months

I have been in a dark place after my father died , sometimes people here got the bad end of my frustrations in heated debates . and I would like to apologize for that as well . I am not as vile as I appear to be . just went through a hard time.

ETA one of my biggest thing that brings out the anger in me is people who harm children there is nothing worse in the world than that

I have 2 young children of my own and breaks my heart when I stories of helpless children being harmed, because I can help but to place myself in the shoes of the parents .
edit on 20/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I cry often over these things. Martin's picture holding up a sign saying "Peace -stop hurting others" or something close to that - really hit me, too. I have a son named Martin and feel so bad for his family. Glad I can have a good cry and release some of the sadness. I know men don't seem to cry as much as women (at least the one's I know). Nothing wrong with being a softy.

You know we care and understand.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I want the one who passed the judgement and the one who executed it tried for murder and punished according to Sharia.

They did it against the laws of the country by establishing a sick parallel justice(read it as injustice) system of their own desire.

The girl would not be punished if Sharia was really used.

They claimed it was consensual sex, even assuming that to be true here is what sharia punishments are.
1)for a single man having sex, 100 lashes, hit without raising the elbow over the shoulder(limits the force)
2)for a single girl, imprisonment but no lashes, a woman is not supposted to be lashed according to sharia.
3)Adultery- for a married man/woman the punishment is stoning to death but the requirement is four witnesses who saw the act, which is almost impossible.

The Sharia law for rape is that the victim's testimony is taken as true and the accused has to defend himself and the victim is obviously not punished! The accused when proven guilty gets death penalty.

Now whatever was done to little Heena was unlawful even under sharia.

The rapist however should have been convicted for adultery as they assumed it as consensual and so stoned to death!! If they really were following sharia.

They all are just sick men doing what they desire under the label of sharia, even the wife of the rapist beat up Heena. She is a typical sick wife who wants to believe her husband is an angel and Heena must have seduced him. The wife is a disgrace on her gender!
They all should be tried and i'l be more than happy to take the job of executor for the punishments they should get!

I as a muslim believe in Judgement day, and so i know that maybe these idiots would escape punishment here but Heena will get her justice ulimately!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This is entirely the girl's fault, she should know better than to get raped. I think the religion of peace chose a very peaceful solution to this heinous problem, more nations should follow their upstanding creed and execute rape victims. Pre-marital rape is a serious social issue in Retardistan and I'm very happy to see that the Retardistani government is taking progressive measures to let women know that allowing one's self to get raped is not okay.

<<   2 >>

join