It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unnerving experience the other night - any mediums who could advise please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Hi,

have been experiencing strange phenomena in my house for a long time (years) however what I experienced the other night is something I have never had before, and was very shocking and disconcerting to say the least.

Firstly, to give a bit of background, I've been having lucid dreams and out of body experiences for years, so am not new to the sleep paralysis experience. Also other strange phenomena in the house are unexplained noises, objects moving, spirit sightings, and feeling someone sitting on the bed at night, also something jumping and moving up bed (only size of a cat - up until now!) Also I see visual phenomena, but must admit I see these at other places too (glows/colours round people, ripples and waft like movemets in air, sometimes mists appearing, things darting past quickly across visual field or in peripheral, movements in peripheral but nothing there when you look).

Now to the experience. I dreamt that I was speaking to some woman who was meant to be a psychic/medium. She was explaining there was a man (at the time I had a mind's eye image pop up of a young man and felt he had quite a meek and humble character) she said 'he says he's very sorry, he didn't realise and he's trembling'. At the point she said that, I was aware of being back in bed and my head jolted back with force and all these tickly shivers rose up through me - like something was going out of me. It was such an overwhelming, physical feeling, it felt like my physical head really had jolted back. However, as I'm used to having out of body experiences, I know how real things can feel. But saying that, I still wonder if it really was my physical head moving - that's how real and physical it felt. The overall sensation wasn't terrible, I would even say in a strange way it might have been quite pleasant. What is very disconcerting is how out of control and overpowering it was - I had no control over my body doing that. Also what is very unnerving is I don't know what was going on, why this happened. I have never experiened anything like it.

After that, I was still aware of the woman talking, I tried to memorise what she was saying, but I forget. But after she had spoken I felt something crawling up the bed. It was much bigger than a cat. I struggled against the sleep paralysis several times and was able to break it just as whatever it was reached my neck. I frantically waved my hand out and threw back the duvet. Now I know it can be quite typical in sleep paralysis to feel something on you (I actually think it's possible we experience real entities that exist on the energy level/etheric/astral when in that state) but combined with the other experience with my head jolting back - this has all left me feeling very unsettled and wanting to get to the bottom of what's going on.

I would be very grateful of feedback from anyone who has experienced this, especially the head jolting back thing. Or anyone who's heard about it before and knows what might be going on. Reason I said mediums in the subject title is because it felt like the spirit of that man had been in my body, and if there are any mediums here who have experienced spirits going inside them - they might have experienced similar to me (head jolting back face facing ceiling, neck extended back, tickly shivers racing up through body) when a spirit exits their body?

Thanks for reading,

Aelf
edit on 20-4-2013 by Aelfrede because: layout of paragraph

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
You have nerve problems. Do you get restless leg syndrome?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
No I don't have restless leg syndrome

Originally posted by DaTroof
You have nerve problems. Do you get restless leg syndrome?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Also should add I've been a bit puzzled as to why a seeming innocent spirit (if that was what was going on) would leave, only to then feel that (whatever it was) crawling up my bed.

Any thoughts? Anyone had anything similar?

Originally posted by Aelfrede
Hi,

have been experiencing strange phenomena in my house for a long time (years) however what I experienced the other night is something I have never had before, and was very shocking and disconcerting to say the least.

Firstly, to give a bit of background, I've been having lucid dreams and out of body experiences for years, so am not new to the sleep paralysis experience. Also other strange phenomena in the house are unexplained noises, objects moving, spirit sightings, and feeling someone sitting on the bed at night, also something jumping and moving up bed (only size of a cat - up until now!) Also I see visual phenomena, but must admit I see these at other places too (glows/colours round people, ripples and waft like movemets in air, sometimes mists appearing, things darting past quickly across visual field or in peripheral, movements in peripheral but nothing there when you look).

Now to the experience. I dreamt that I was speaking to some woman who was meant to be a psychic/medium. She was explaining there was a man (at the time I had a mind's eye image pop up of a young man and felt he had quite a meek and humble character) she said 'he says he's very sorry, he didn't realise and he's trembling'. At the point she said that, I was aware of being back in bed and my head jolted back with force and all these tickly shivers rose up through me - like something was going out of me. It was such an overwhelming, physical feeling, it felt like my physical head really had jolted back. However, as I'm used to having out of body experiences, I know how real things can feel. But saying that, I still wonder if it really was my physical head moving - that's how real and physical it felt. The overall sensation wasn't terrible, I would even say in a strange way it might have been quite pleasant. What is very disconcerting is how out of control and overpowering it was - I had no control over my body doing that. Also what is very unnerving is I don't know what was going on, why this happened. I have never experiened anything like it.

After that, I was still aware of the woman talking, I tried to memorise what she was saying, but I forget. But after she had spoken I felt something crawling up the bed. It was much bigger than a cat. I struggled against the sleep paralysis several times and was able to break it just as whatever it was reached my neck. I frantically waved my hand out and threw back the duvet. Now I know it can be quite typical in sleep paralysis to feel something on you (I actually think it's possible we experience real entities that exist on the energy level/etheric/astral when in that state) but combined with the other experience with my head jolting back - this has all left me feeling very unsettled and wanting to get to the bottom of what's going on.

I would be very grateful of feedback from anyone who has experienced this, especially the head jolting back thing. Or anyone who's heard about it before and knows what might be going on. Reason I said mediums in the subject title is because it felt like the spirit of that man had been in my body, and if there are any mediums here who have experienced spirits going inside them - they might have experienced similar to me (head jolting back face facing ceiling, neck extended back, tickly shivers racing up through body) when a spirit exits their body?

Thanks for reading,

Aelf
edit on 20-4-2013 by Aelfrede because: layout of paragraph

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Yes i have experienced something similar to what your describing. The best way to combat getting caught out with this again is realise if you are encounter a dream situation where there are meek and harmless people near your, or even trying to talk to you just immediately exit the dream. Basically what your encountering is energy sucking feinds, luring you for their feed.
edit on 20-4-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The only thing I can really shed light on is the act of your head "snapping" back. I'm sure you are aware that you where at least partially projecting astrally and what you felt was your spirit snapping back fully into your body.

Why it happened it also easy to answer: You where protecting yourself. Whether it was because you where startled by your dream and sort of "winced", or sensed a presence (which i believe is possible to do without really knowing it for a variety of reasons) - Either way your spirit/soul sensed danger. Astral projection leaves both your spirit and body vulnerable to different degrees of threats. Your spirit snapping back into your body post haste is the quickest way to protect both.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the feedback. Certainly it makes me wonder about anything presenting itself as meek and humble

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Yes i have experienced something similar to what your describing. The best way to combat getting caught out with this again is realise if you are encounter a dream situation where there are meek and harmless people near your, or even trying to talk to you just immediately exit the dream. Basically what your encountering is energy sucking feinds, luring you for their feed.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Thanks for responding. I know what you're talking about with regards the snapping. I've had a lot of obes and am very familiar with the sensations involved in separating and coming back. This head thing was different, my head tipped right back, and I'm pretty sure it was my physical head, but even if it was my energy body, this was something I've never experienced. It wasn't like the separation or return process,it felt like something was going out of me in relation to what that woman was saying. When separating from the body, I'm very familiar with the vibrations. After my head jolted back, I felt tickly shivers that were nothing like vibrations.

It could be I sensed danger. But what happened felt like something 'foreign' leaving my body.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Originally posted by Inquisitive1

The only thing I can really shed light on is the act of your head "snapping" back. I'm sure you are aware that you where at least partially projecting astrally and what you felt was your spirit snapping back fully into your body.

Why it happened it also easy to answer: You where protecting yourself. Whether it was because you where startled by your dream and sort of "winced", or sensed a presence (which i believe is possible to do without really knowing it for a variety of reasons) - Either way your spirit/soul sensed danger. Astral projection leaves both your spirit and body vulnerable to different degrees of threats. Your spirit snapping back into your body post haste is the quickest way to protect both.

edit on 20-4-2013 by Aelfrede because: spelling

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Ahh.. Seems I misinterpreted what you where saying. Sorry about that.

Very interesting. I'll admit to never having experienced anything remotely close to that, however I have heard of it happening. I'll just come right out an say it sounds to me like an attack. In fact, the feelings you've experienced put me in the mind of forced OBE/AP.. Where something attempts to "tug" you from your body and then "let's go". Specifically something attempting to interact with your spirit...

Regardless, You've had better company....I suggest dealing with it sternly, but safely..

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Thanks very much for this advice. It does seem possible it could be something more sinister, especially as what seemed to be something 'innocent' leaving my body was followed by that entity crawling up my bed.

I'm still hoping someone who has experienced this might be reading and can give me more insight. Or at least has experienced the same thing, even if they don't know what it was either, so I don't feel so alone. Basically, I just want to understand what happened to my body. That was completely bizarre and have never known anything like it.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts, really appreciate it

Aelf

Originally posted by Inquisitive1

Ahh.. Seems I misinterpreted what you where saying. Sorry about that.

Very interesting. I'll admit to never having experienced anything remotely close to that, however I have heard of it happening. I'll just come right out an say it sounds to me like an attack. In fact, the feelings you've experienced put me in the mind of forced OBE/AP.. Where something attempts to "tug" you from your body and then "let's go". Specifically something attempting to interact with your spirit...

Regardless, You've had better company....I suggest dealing with it sternly, but safely..

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
AthlonSavage, you said you experienced something similar, do you mind describing what happened to you?

Thanks,

Aelf

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

edit on 21-4-2013 by Aelfrede because: spelling

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If anyone has experienced something like what I experienced but would rather not discuss it on a forum, but don't mind discussing it privately, I'd be very grateful if you could U2U me.

Thanks,

Aelf

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You said you've experienced the coming and going sensation of OBEs, but that's mostly done willfully. Could this have been a Guardian type entity forcing you back for your protection. Perhaps this thing saw the creepy bed crawly and yanked you back so it couldn't get into your body while you were away?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Try incense when u go to sleep and try to only focus on what is really happening, i hope this will help

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thanks starsyren, that's something to consider and reassuring if that's what was happening. Just seemed like something foreign was leaving me, unless this had the purpose of bringing me back. Makes you wonder just how much we don't know is going on around us on these subtle 'energetic' unseen levels. Pretty freaky.

Originally posted by starsyren

You said you've experienced the coming and going sensation of OBEs, but that's mostly done willfully. Could this have been a Guardian type entity forcing you back for your protection. Perhaps this thing saw the creepy bed crawly and yanked you back so it couldn't get into your body while you were away?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thanks for that. Hadn't thought about using it when I go to sleep. The day after the experience I smudged the whole house with white sage.

Originally posted by MrKilluminati

Try incense when u go to sleep and try to only focus on what is really happening, i hope this will help

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I lived in a house where things like this happened. Bad mojo there. I still own it but I would love to sell it.

One night, the bedroom door slammed, woke me up and then this ball of light moved from the door, coming right at me and went in my head. Made this buzzing/zapping noise as it entered, right in the center of my forehead. Then, i was on top of my husband and this black figure was on me trying to reach around me and choke him but i was fighting it off. The next morning, we compared our versions on the way to work. His started with seeing the black figure in the bathroom.

As i write this, its bat chit crazy but in my mind, and my husbands mind, true story or dream.

More stuff went on in that bedroom though. Woke up to a soaking wet bed one night. little red creature i had to fight off one night. It all seemed like dreams or out of body experiences. Yeah, crazy.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience. Sounds pretty scary!

Originally posted by butterfly1
I lived in a house where things like this happened. Bad mojo there. I still own it but I would love to sell it.

One night, the bedroom door slammed, woke me up and then this ball of light moved from the door, coming right at me and went in my head. Made this buzzing/zapping noise as it entered, right in the center of my forehead. Then, i was on top of my husband and this black figure was on me trying to reach around me and choke him but i was fighting it off. The next morning, we compared our versions on the way to work. His started with seeing the black figure in the bathroom.

As i write this, its bat chit crazy but in my mind, and my husbands mind, true story or dream.

More stuff went on in that bedroom though. Woke up to a soaking wet bed one night. little red creature i had to fight off one night. It all seemed like dreams or out of body experiences. Yeah, crazy.

top topics

join