It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Arafat's Death Reported, Immediately Denied

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
I have an inside source that claims that Arafat is indeed dead, that he is on a ventilator until they can move him back to Palestine where they plan on disconnecting him.

Interesting.

They may need to keep the illusion that he is still "alive" to ensure he will be allowed back into Palestine for burial.

I'm not sure they can pull that off. I think medical treatment in Paris is much better than anywhere in Palestine.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Last news from Paris - hospital = mort cerebrale ???

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapo

"Mort c�r�brale" means brain dead. It seems his body is being kept alive on life support.

It's just a matter of pulling the plug now.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes now they are saying he is on life support, still no confirmation from news networks on whether or not he slipped into a coma

bloomberg.com
Nov. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Yasser Arafat is on life-support equipment and hasn't died, French and Palestinian officials said after the Israeli media reported that the Palestinian leader was clinically dead.

Mohammed Dahlan, an aide to Arafat, said doctors had put the 75-year-old head of the Palestinians on the life-support gear.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

"Mort c�r�brale" means brain dead. It seems his body is being kept alive on life support.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I am not a doc --- strange any way hmmmm

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

It's much more than a simple matter of pulling the plug. Palestinian leadership will want to avoid the power struggle that is bound to result, especially since Arafat never named a successor (at least not in public knowledge). That lends to people's inability to readily accept anyone's claims that "Arafat really wanted me to take over."

It's being said in some articles that a doctor was quoted as saying that Arafat's health had been neglected for the last three years. Well, he was locked in his compound for the last 2 and a half years. Militants will translate that into even more hatred for Israel by blaming Israel for keeping Arafat from receiving preventative medical care during that time. I would not want to work in the Israeli government right now. They are most certainly planning for the unexpected; but what to expect is the million dollar question.

I've read the theories about HIV but I personally think his illness was "stimulated" in some way.

Xon

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think he is dead, they youst whant some more time to let peabole understand how sick he was. Or if he aint dead I think i will die soon

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xon
I think he is dead, they youst whant some more time to let peabole understand how sick he was. Or if he aint dead I think i will die soon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think--- like old PAPA STALIN story -- Iwas yong but I remember.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think--- like old PAPA STALIN story -- Iwas yong but I remember.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Fox News is reporting that he is indeed in a coma....
His aides have confirmed this, and say he will not make it....
Trying to find a link...

I am Hearing he is Brain-Dead and on Life support, waiting for Palestinian Officials to confirm.....

Paris Media is reporting he died Minutes ago....

Still trying to confirm with Links, but will probably not be up....

[edit on 4-11-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

[edit on 4-11-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
I've read the theories about HIV but I personally think his illness was "stimulated" in some way.

I somehow doubt that. As was said, he's a 75 year old man who's been locked in his compound for the last 2 and a half years. He's dying of what every other neglected 75-year old dies of.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't know if this is a newly devised outline for transferring power after Arafat, or if this is an existing plan already developed. I thought that the fact it was published might be "softening" the blow once his death is reported.

news.yahoo.com

The Palestinians' Basic Law, similar to a constitution, says the speaker of parliament becomes acting president for a maximum of 60 days, until an election is held to fill a five-year presidential term.

During the transition, former Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas would be chairman of the executive committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization, which represents the Palestinian people with foreign governments and international organizations.

Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia would remain head of the Cabinet, which handles the daily affairs of the Palestinian government. He also would take over chairmanship of the National Security Council, which includes the most important security forces.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Seems to me that existing officials within the PA are attempting to control the populace, and keep order within the territories. He is asking for calm, and for the people to ignore the rumors in the media.

news.xianhuanet.com
RAMALLAH, Nov. 4 (Xinhuanet) -- A senior Palestinian official called on Thursday upon the Palestinians to show self-control, patience, steadfastness and national unity in the absence of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.

Tayeb Abdel Rahim, Arafat's bureau chief, made the call in a statement to reporters here following reports that Arafat's health deteriorated.

"We call upon our people to stop listening and following rumors published by the media about President Arafat's health," said AbdelRahim, adding that "all of us should pray for his quick recovery."

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Under Islamic law Arafats body has to be burried within 24 hours.
I imagine they are keeping the body technically alive to give them time to work out how and were they will bury him.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Reading about Arafat is giving me flashbacks to the '70s.

I think the only people who can put this all to rest would be Weekend Update, with Chevy Chase.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
As arafat dies lets just hope the guy who they are handing power over to is not some weirdo and trys to take over the world

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
phreak_of_nature,

I was wondering to myself, Who gets to be in charge now.?

Click, click...There was a post by you...detailing the "transition of power"
Thanks. It came in handy, and made me look smart, in front of my co-workers..!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I guess this is Arafat's PR guy!!

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Vladtepes]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Reading about Arafat is giving me flashbacks to the '70s.

I think the only people who can put this all to rest would be Weekend Update, with Chevy Chase.

Thanks for the chuckle. After the past few days, the memory of "And Francisco Franco is still dead" took me back to the carefree hippie days.
joey

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Radio France Internationale quotes a medical source as saying Arafat is in "very deep coma stage IV", meaning indeed brain death. The same source also said that Arafat hadn't responded to the treatment he received during the past few days.

I will do something that may get me under fire from some posters, but I don't care... I'm actually going to pray for the man and his family. Some may call him a terrorist, but he was respected by a number a world leaders and by a good proportion of his people, and that's enough for me.

Besides, if I start saying what I think of that "I hope he suffers and burns in hell" crap and the people spewing it, I might lose points.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join