It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Arafat's Death Reported, Immediately Denied

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
With his illness still unidentified, Arafat's health is reportedly deteriorating. There are conflicting reports on the actual severity of Arafat's health at this time. The former Palestinian Security Chief claims that Arafat is fine and that he is stable whereas a Palestinian official has claimed that Arafat is in Coma.

theglobeandmail.com
Paris � Yasser Arafat's health deteriorated significantly over the past day, Palestinian officials said early Thursday.

Mr. Arafat is in a French hospital for treatment of an unidentified ailment.

The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Mr. Arafat had taken a turn for the worse, adding that doctors still don't know the cause.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Earlier Yassar Arafat congratulated President Bush on his re-election, while the US calls him a "disappointment and hinderance to peacemaking in Israel".

Doctors are puzzled by what is ailing Arafat. Between diagnosis of stomach cancer, a viral stomach disorder, or other diseases nothing has been ruled out.

Rumors have also been spreading that Arafat might possibly have AIDS.

UPDATE
Palestinian officials are now claiming that Yarrar Arafat slipped into a coma last night. A few of Arafat's aides deny this claim, and say that Arafat is fine.

abcnews.go.com
PARIS Nov 4, 2004 � Yasser Arafat has lapsed into a coma in French hospital, a senior Palestinian official said Thursday, a day after the Palestinian leader was rushed to intensive care following a sharp deterioration in his health.

The official would not say when Arafat lost consciousness. Two Arafat aides denied he was in a coma, but the senior Palestinian with close access to the medical team insisted Arafat was comatose.

Mohammed Dahlan, a former Palestinian security chief, claims that the leaks to the press are from the Israeli side, not from French doctors. Luekemia and other forms of cancer have been ruled out as to what is ailing Arafat.

UPDATE
Several news sources are now claiming that Yassar Arafat has died. He reportedly slipped into coma Wednesday night and has not been revived. Accoring to Israeli and German media, that President Bush was questioned about the passing of Arafat and said " God bless his soul, We will continue to work for a free Palestinian state for peace with Israel.�

bluelemur.com
From a German newspaper:

Yasser Arafat has died at the age of 75 after failing to be revived from the coma he slipped into on Wednesday at the French military hospital where he was being treated for an undiagnosed blood and digestive disorder.

Yasser Arafat, the 75 year-old Palestinian leader, has died in the intensive care department of the French military hospital where he was being treated for an unknown illness.

UPDATE
ABC news is reporting that French doctors are claiming that Arafat is not dead. He is in an intensive care unit where he has not recovered from the coma he slipped into Wednesday.

abcnews.go.com
PARIS Nov 4, 2004 � French doctors announced Thursday that Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, who is in intensive care at a French military hospital, is still alive.

"The clinical situation of the first fews days following admission has become more complex," Christian Estripeau, head of communications for French military health services.

"The state of health of the patient requires appropriate treatment that required his transfer on Wednesday afternoon of Nov. 3 to a unit adapted to his pathology," Estripeau said.

"Mr. Arafat is not dead," he said, concluding the brief statement.

Other Related News Links Reporting Death of Arafat
dw-world.de
proche-orient.info / In French
ddolan.com
yahoo.news.com

Related News Links
telegraph.co.uk
abcnews.go.com

Update information provided by ATS member sanctum and abcnews.go.com

[edit on 4-11-2004 by deeprivergal]

[edit on 6-11-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
AIDS seems likely to me as I posted here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The story is making the rounds...

From CBC News Online:

The sources, who confirmed an Israeli TV report that he was in very serious condition in an intensive-care unit, told Associated Press that more details would be given out at a press conference on Thursday at 10 a.m. EST.
But a former Palestinian security chief who was in Paris with other Arafat aides denied that Arafat's condition has worsened. "The president's condition is stable," Mohammed Dahlan told reporters. story

So we will have a press conference in the morning. (it's what 1am there?)

and from BBC News Online:

Palestinian envoy Leila Shahid told the BBC that his health had suffered a setback, but gave no further details. story

and finally Debka File's latest. They have not updated (it's the wee hours in Israel) but they have some lowdown on the Middle East reaction to the Bush win and this confirmation...

French hospital treating Arafat and his envoy in Paris said Tuesday leukemia is ruled out. Despite general improvement in his condition, further tests needed and stay of some weeks in hospital. No visitors allowed yet. link

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

�We are tracking his condition very carefully, our goal is to prepare for the day after, if and when he dies,� Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom told Israel radio Wednesday.

link

I bet they can't wait for that day.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm so sick of hearing about this terrorist! He deserves a long slow painfull death. Some of us are old enough to remember the true nature of his soul. I hope it takes a year for him to die while in constant pain.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Palestinian Leader Arafat in Coma -Aide

"Arafat is in a coma and in a critical condition," a senior Palestinian official told Reuters. Aides had earlier said he was in serious condition in the unit where he was moved on Wednesday at around 5 p.m. (11 a.m. EST).

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20041104/ts_nm/mideast_arafat_dc

Also late news in Oz (sbs) has just confirmed Arafat has been in a coma for "several hours".
*further*

PALESTINIAN leader Yasser Arafat has been "unconscious for the past several hours", a source close to the Palestinian delegation with Arafat in France said.

www.news.com.au...

[edit on 4-11-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Israelis to meet over Arafat

Defence Minister Shaul Mofaz called the meeting of top officials from Mossad, its domestic security counterpart Shin Beth and army intelligence.

Army chief of staff Moshe Yaalon was also to convene a meeting of Israeli military commanders based in the Palestinian territories, the sources said.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
"Ding dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead, ding dong the wicked witch is dead.....He's gone where the goblins go, below....below, below, yo ho...."

Wait, is it too soon to sing yet?

Can't wait till this terrorist meets his maker...
As mentioned, some of us remember when his name was synonymous with terrorism, and do not accept him as a "politician" by any stretch....

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Pan Dissolve Scene to Gaza:

Sharon: Nothing! Here's your ninepence...
Arafat: I'm not dead!
Kofi Annan: 'Ere! 'E says 'e's not dead!
Sharon: Yes he is.
Arafat: I'm not!
Kofi Annan: 'E isn't?
Sharon: Well... he will be soon-- he's very ill...
Arafat: I'm getting better!
Sharon: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
Kofi Annan: I can't take 'im like that! It's against regulations!

Fade to black

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This has not been confirmed yet, but some sources are claiming that Arafat has died. The reports are unconfirmed

ddolan.com
2:00 PM ISRAELI SECURITY SOURCES HAVE JUST INFORMED ME THAT THEY HAVE SOLID INDICATIONS THAT YASSER ARAFAT HAS PASSED AWAY. I WANT TO STRESS that these are as yet UNCONFIRMED security reports.

We will update the original post as information becomes available.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Speculation - AIDS

He's a diseased dirty old man pedophile rapist.
His appetite for raping blond boys is notorious.
The sooner he is dead and in hell (with Oday and Qusay)
the sooner peace will have a chance in the middle east.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Having just had a personal experience with a family death, I've become able to decipher "medical speak". "Rapidly deteriorating" generally means actively dying. I would suspect that Arafat is either dead or approaching death swiftly.
I get no joy from anyone's death, but I do believe Yassar is going to have a lot to sort out with his Maker.
The power struggle to fill his vacuum should be intense and interesting.
joey

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Arafat on life support. Fox reports.

I'll give him another hour.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Chirac visits Arafat at hospital

November 5, 2004

FRENCH President Jacques Chirac visited Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat in hospital today.

Mr Chirac's visit was very brief and he apparently left in a half hour. His office did not release further information. He arrived in an official motorcade of several cars and did not speak to reporters.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Palestinian chiefs call meeting

THE heads of all Palestinian security services have been summoned to an emergency meeting after President Yasser Arafat fell into a coma and was reported in critical condition, security sources said.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Israelis to meet over Arafat

Defence Minister Shaul Mofaz called the meeting of top officials from Mossad, its domestic security counterpart Shin Beth and army intelligence.

Army chief of staff Moshe Yaalon was also to convene a meeting of Israeli military commanders based in the Palestinian territories, the sources said.

www.news.com.au...

they know if arafat dies they will have a cival war
or something like that,
so best to preper for the worst case scenario

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
According to this (French) source, Arafat just died.

seekerof

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Good point bodrul.

I think that all security forces are more concerned about riots at the moment.
After all, 35 years in power is a long time.

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
WTF?

Just heard a report ask the President during is press conference that he ahd heard that Arafat had just passed away, and what were the president's thoughts on that.

Bush said something like God rest is soul, then moved on.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I heard the same.

I also heard the continued speaking problems and mistakes of Bush

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join