It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheap Dog Collars!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
just thought I would share this with you all. As some of you know, I have two dogs, one is a bull mastiff and the other is a bull terrior..anyway...the buggars are always play fighting and chewing each others collars off...well I didnt have another 80 dollars to replace the last lot so I went to the OP shop and bought two really good thick second hand leather belts and cut them to size and put extra holes in and fantastic... brilliant...amazing, hardy tough dog collars for $3.00 and at that price, they can chew them and rough and tumble as much as they want!!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Thats cool, Ive used para-cord braided and knotted for my Pit bull, shes always losing them or damaging them when she plays so I started to use rope and such for um.

Braided and knotted right they look decent and fairly cheep as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

well I have noticed that the buckles are a lot stronger on the belts than those that I paid a lot of money for!! and I have paid $$ for training harnesses that just break open so from now on, I will tizzy the belts up and use them.

even with training, a bull mastiff getting excited and going ballistic -> the other collars do not hold up. The walking harnesses help but he hates them (and with his growth I have to buy the next size up, costs a lot of money!!) so this cheap alternative seems to be working out just fine!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

your very welcome.

I have decided to make some cheap dog winter jackets as well. Not sure how good they will turn out but it is worth a try. Thought I would get a cheap blanket and a shower curtain for waterproofing (from the second hand shop) and sew them together; Prolly try to find something to clasp it together but maybe a button may suffice.

Oh and on a side note, both my dogs ate some of the deer my Son bought home and my bull terrior Albert had an upset stomach for a while so I am not sure if deer is a good thing for dogs? Will worm him just in case... my bull mastiff was fine.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Deer is fine for dogs. Questions:

What do you mean when you say he had an upset stomach? Rich meat and too much fat may cause diarrhea, but that doesn't mean he's sick.

What part of the deer did he eat? And how much? If he ate too much, especially fat, that could cause him to vomit. Again, it shouldn't be a problem.

If he ate the intestines, there could be a parasite issue. And some dogs' stomachs are simply sensitive.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
We sometimes used trimmed saddle straps for dog or cat collars, along with attaching a buckle and some rivets and/or blink or studs.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

he had diareah and they were both given the heads.. when my Son cut off the antlers he gave both of them what was left. ew..but they loved it. pretty gross but there was nothing left apart from the teeth!!!!

I was worried about giving them the brains to eat but my Son said all the other hunters dog's got to eat that so was ok...

I clean up after them daily so can tell how their stomachs are doing. spose I was just worrying but he is fine now...

new topics

top topics

join