It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8th grader suspended and arrested over a t-shirt.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I just stumbled across this story while looking up info on the Boston Bombing suspect's manhunt, and didn't find anything through search on it.

8th Grader Suspended and Arrested over t-shirt

These types of stories are getting ridiculously too common. It's a t-shirt, a T-SHIRT! If this was my child, I would make certain that the administrators of this school were dismissed and publicly scorned.

I don't know, watch the video and read the article for yourselves and decide if you also think that this is unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That is sickeningly rediculous. That's like the little kid that got suspended from school for having a mohawk haircut. I mean, come on now? Really?

Now this poor kid has a record, and there's no telling how he's feeling about his rights as an american citizen.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

so stupid.. so tired of hearing this crap the person who arrested them should be arrested for violating his freedom of speech and his rights as an american... trash...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Uh oh....

My kid just went to school wearing a traditional Afghan male scarf, like the spec guys do, that I brought back from there yesterday....

No phone calls yet....hehe

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is just sick and oppisite of what the schools should teach. How is denying the kids the right to practice the principles of the U.S. Constitution going to help or teach anyone anything?

If you notice there have been a LOT of things like this happening in schools lately. People getting notices how the teacher thinks it's a good idea to trade security for freedom etc. The government can use the schools as the propaganda machine because they are run in part by federal monies.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
We the people need to take back our country. We the people need to take back our world. Simple as that.
Viva la revolution!
edit on 19-4-2013 by jjsr420 because: viva la revolution!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
WAY too many stories like this these days. Like the little boy that got suspended or disciplined for biting his sandwich into the shape of a gun, or the boy who made cupcakes with army soldier toys on them and the school took them and replaced the toys with other items.... are you kidding me?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Seriously? I hadn't heard about that one. A kid getting suspended for biting his sammich into a gun??? REALLY? Is it really THAT serious?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jjsr420

My bad, it wasn't a sandwich, it was a poptart.

7 year old with pop tart gun

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
OMG it's REALLY that serious......I mean c'mon now. That just make me laugh. And the reason I laugh is cause if I didn't, I'd prolly cry.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This type of insanity and idiocy seems to be running rampant in school districts across America.

He was charged with Disturbing the Education Process?!?! How is that a punishable offense? That is truly vague, and many innocuous incidents could be considering a disruption, even farting if we want to be crude about it, and this could land you in jail?!?!

If this is the level of intelligence for school teachers & administrators, then I might as well home school.

This is pathetic.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
AAAAH... A distraction!
This child was not suspended nor arrested for his shirt, he was arrested and got a suspension for being a hot headed young man.
The officer did not arrest him for "brandishing" a t-shirt folks.
Use the bean in yer heads.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

They made up B.S. charges to tag him with, but the shirt was the catalyst. Don't be naive.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I would home school, most definatly. These institutions do nothing more than brainwash our children into thinking the world is as it should be; which it isn't. They teach things that will get you nowhere. I mean math, reading, science; those are good subjects. But why on Earth would I need to know advanced trigonometry, or calculus? Why do I need to know you can make limestone into gunpowder? Can I take that information to mcdonalds, and get a burger n fries with it? No. They should teach the basics, along with Survival, and Basic CQC.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Apparently "Gun Free Zones" (public schools) are "First Amendment Restricted Zones" as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
reply to post by g146541

They made up B.S. charges to tag him with, but the shirt was the catalyst. Don't be naive.

Ok I can admit the shirt was the catalyst but please use your head here.
We are not talking about a cool headed debate captain here.
We are talking about a hot headed little boy here, and I would bet not on any suppressing meds.
The boy will get his day in court where they will review the schools taped evidence.
If the kids Mom and Dad are so gung ho toward this school thing, they are free to put him in independant studies.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

The parents shouldn't have to remove their child. The schools should not be restricting the rights of the students in any way, shape, or form.

It strikes me as social conditioning; This kid spoke his mind (via the shirt), look how much trouble there was, do you really want to open that can of worms? No? I didn't think so, now, turn your shirt inside out and get back to your desk.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I had some new employees once....young, just out of high school. They got freaked because one of the employees, another young man, had a letter opener that looked like some sort of sci fi sword or dagger.

They came to me all, "HE HAS GOT A KNIFE, A KILLERS KNIFE". So I went to him, he told me he had a letter opener and showed me. I went back to the two girls and told them not to be alarmed it was just a letter opener from some sci fi show.

They got all righteous, "NO TOLERANCE, there is NO TOLERANCE for anything that is weapon like". I told the girls this wasn't high school it was real life. And in real life people have letter openers, pocket knives, box knives, and "GASP" even conceal carry permits for firearms. The looks on their faces......priceless. It was a combination of shock, fear, confusion, lack of comprehension, One asked "Why would you need that", I told her for things like opening letters, opening boxes, and even self defense because there are plenty of unsecure places in the world. Same one then was like...."wow, that's really something I never thought about....so you are saying that some people carry that stuff and are ...like....normal people....??" Wow.

I can remember wearing my cubscout suit to school, pocket knife hanging off the belt clip next to the metal skill awards......no teacher ever said a thing.........go figure...1980's
edit on 19-4-2013 by SrWingCommander because: clarification

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Welcome to the new normal.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
HORSE MANURE!!!

That's all I got to say about that!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>