It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Reason Bush Won

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
IBM

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
He won by 51% Not a landslide poeple......too bad half of this country are so friggin blind!

Ummm I dont think im blind. I mean I did watch the twin towers get hit by an airplane? Or are you saying my imagination is running wild? Please correct me if I am mistaken.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Edited to start own thread.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by ADHDsux4me]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I agree w/ enigma on this thread - extremely well said.

I haven't wanted to visit here the past couple of days because I saw where it was heading, but I couldn't help myself.
I had to see if there was anything else that people were finding out there in cyberspace that would raise an eyebrow through all the election bs.

Glad to see s/one could remain so placid through these "warring" times.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My hat is off to you, Majic, for an excellent post. I was pondering some words myself of a calming nature, but despaired of having an effect on all the excitable ones. I look forward to everyone having vented and getting back to the normal (?) topics on ATS.

However, I think it speaks well of any nation, not only that its people are passionate about their beliefs (contradictory as they may be), but can express them so freely, both in print - and at the ballot box. And then go on to work together, play together and debate some more together. Treasure this quality: its a real strength.

I can sympathize with the Democratic Party followers. In my country's recent election, I worked for the losing party, and have felt the same despair over the direction we're taking. Only in my case, its the right wing party that lost, the left that won.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
George W. Bush remains President because a majority of Americans voted for him.

Was there fraud in this election? Oh hell yes! Just like always, since the very first elections over two centuries ago. Don't believe me? Study the history of American politics.

I respect your views. I just don't understand how people can claim as fact that the majority of Americans voted for Bush, and yet acknowledge voter fraud. Perhaps I just don't want to believe that the majority of Americans actually think Mr. Bush will benefit this country or the people after seeing what a detriment the last four years have been.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne
I just don't understand how people can claim as fact that the majority of Americans voted for Bush, and yet acknowledge voter fraud.

As I mentioned, vote fraud comes with the territory. To expect zero fraud in any election on a scale like this is unrealistic.

However, the presence of fraud does not mean Bush won unfairly. I'm pretty sure he did not.

For a better example of fraud benefitting a presidential candidate, the election of John F. Kennedy is a classic.

It was in that closely-contested race that the dead rose from the grave to vote in Chicago (talk about "die-hard" Democrats
), and there were a lot of other very public scandals across the nation that suggested a coordinated campaign on the part of Democrats to fix the election.

Based on my study of that election, I'm satisfied that Nixon should have won in 1960, but nonetheless, Kennedy became our president, and that's how it shook out that time.

There are far more egregious cases, but the point is that once the dust has settled, a candidate is selected and his opponents concede, it's over and done.

There was fraud in this election, as always, but I doubt that it really changed anything in the case of Bush vs Kerry.

Winston Churchill said, "Democracy is the worst form of government except
for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

I agree.

[edit on 11/3/2004 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I agree Harmonius. I voted Democrat knowing that Bush would win. Ever since Clinton got tricked into using cigars(pun intended) and baby Bush got the Election 2000 bought for him I made it a job to do as much research as possible only using common sense and intuition in trusting the evidence. I must say after 4 years of extensive research on this country and it's White House I will never look at America the same as I did while Bill was in office. First of all I must say that Nader is absolutely right about both parties being corrupted by corporate greed. This is actually biblical if you read hard enough. The Democrats do more for the poor and middle class but still live secret dirty lives that risk the good rep of the US of A. Where there's lots of fame and money there's lots of filth and you can't walk in it without getting dirty. Plain and simple. The working man is the only 'clean' citizen. You can disagree but this is also biblical as well. If you look closely you will see that they portray W. as a rough tough worker, even though evidence shows that he has never worked a day in his life. It's a front to appeal to all the famrers and 'folk' to get votes. It's a form of psychological warfare. People are easily tricked because they are at the bottom looking up with pure hearted faith. This is why they will see heaven. Bush is one of those radicals who looks down upon these people like a dictator. Modern day requires that he not be so obvious(like Hitler). Sneaky, tricky, lying, emotional, caring, or anything that will get them on his side until November 4 anyway. Another mention is that many of the networks, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, FOX(especially), and others are very filtered in their information because they are controlled by the corporations and the government. They WILL NOT give any information that would not be in the best interest of the government. Any evidence that would hurt those on the 'inside' would be rejected. I have seen thousands of examples of this. There are still many independent journalists and investigators who devote their life to finding the 'real' truth about our government. They end up finding out more than they anticipated. I have seen alot of evidence about the Bush New World Order and W's plan to attack Iraq before he even became President in 2000. The Republican party is basically dead now. It has been hijacked by radicals who's only interest is power and controlling the world. But they will fail because the bible says so. George W. and the mastermind Cheney use the party to manipulate the voters because Republicans are more stubborn than Democrats. They don't like change and they will vote for their party no matter what. I was born and raised in a major Republican state and know this first hand. They are trying to create an all Republican regime. This why you see so many 'surprises' in the Republican governor states like Florida and Ohio. This is why the Balance of Power isn't balanced. Mostly Republican of course. This prevents any change for the better. If it benefits the corporate level than pass it, but if it only helps the poor than deny it. Radical conservatives believe that minorities have their place. In the gutter. They cant take away our education so they take away the quality. They cant take away our beliefs so they hijack our morality. They make sure our lives are busy and hard. Things stay complicated because we don't have time to rise up, or we aren't willing to risk our families well being. This is all fascinating and chilling at the same time. Basically it is like Jesus talked about. I am not quoting. He gave the impression that good selfless people of faith would be abused and taken advantage of and even prosecuted for thei faith. This is happening to us now. No matter how paranoid you are, no matter how careful you re, if a man came to your door begging for something to eat or needed help you would help. You would feel uncomfortable but after talking awhile you would feel more comfortable and be willing to give more. You would probable even offer it to him. Bush is that begger. He begs and pleads for your vote. He gives you his smiles and all his time. He is your friend. He'll even help carry in your groceries. He would stop to fix your flat tire. But on November 4 you would never see him again. And he wouldn't remember your name. You know, the media is the most important tool of the Administration. This is the part that interacts with us on a daily basis. It keeps us informed of 'whats really going on'. It gives us a picture of the what the world is like. NOT. Did you know that the world is nothing like many Americans think? There are some that have travelled out of the USA more than once but most cant afford it. Most people only see the USA Iraq soldiers fire thei weapons bujt never see who gets hit. I have seen the other side. Many many babies and children get hit by these missiles. It's enough to make you cry and get you angry. There is no excuse for this. This war is pissing off the world and they are fighting back. Our media calls them terrorists. We believe them because we are too scared and too busy to ask for more hard evidence. So did you really believe that Bin Laden was warning us about our President's lies?? WRONG. Bin Laden was being protected while our Administration was blowing up our buildings and lying about Anthrax. Yes, lying. These are old tactics used to scare us. Sure, there are bad things out there that can really hurt us including Anthrax. But look at the trend and the timing of events. There is much public evidence that supports that theory of our leader knocking down our buildings, killing thousands, he kept reading to children because he couldn't believe they actually went through with it. A major character flaw that day when so many depended on him. Again time to put on that caring smile and come to the rescue to win some hearts and rip some out at the same time. Bin Laden would not rat out our President because Bush is an asset. Our war is breeding terrorists and doing Laden a favor. Problem is that our own 'American way' is being imposed upon other countries. This threatens other cultures and religious traditions. This will not succeed and will breed much resentment putting us in a position of getting nuked. What is amazing is that in the movies these kinds of government plots are usually very professionally done. In reality they are reckless. There is much need for band-aid cover ups to explain why this or that happened. Our Administration is very reckless. North Korea and China are looking out the corner of their eyes noticing what we are doing. I am sure they don't like what they see. We are the arrogant bully who is drunken with selfish greed and with bad intentions and it shows. The world is a big place and we are one, they are many. The bible talks much about 'us', at least I strongly believe it is us. Some say that Bush is Israel's best friend. That is false. The arab nations will come together and wipe us out the way things are going. The Bible leaves the impression that we will fall. Well, I am writing too much so I will stop. If you want to know what is truly going on in this world don't watch the media networks. They are false and highly distort the truth. Watch channels like FSTV(free speech), UCTV, LINK, and other independent stations. You will have the opportunity to see all the video that the media will not show. And maybe you will get the chance to be more informed about why our election process is highly flawed and easily rigged. This information comes from sources who are in charge of it. It was reported that many touch screen machines in Florida were voting Republican when touched Democrat. BYE.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sweet Jesus man!

Try to chop that monolith up a bit... Sheesh!

Thing is, is that I keep hearing people say that the majority of Americans voted for Bush (or even approved of him).

This is wrong. Only roughly 30% of Americans voted for Bush. A quite remarkable minority of Americans by far.

We are supposed to rally under a guy that a portion of us voted in?

NO!

Why bother.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Nurse, cooljoebay's post needs an injection of carriage returns, stat!

Hang in there, Joe, with a few carriage returns, we might be able to make your post readable again.

Let us pray.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
He won by 51% Not a landslide poeple......too bad half of this country are so friggin blind!

Have you thought that perhaps the half that is blind could be your side?....

Did this come as an inspiration to you?.... people are blind, according to you, because they don't believe in what you believe....

LadyV....I think you are a wiccan, first because of your avatar and I think i remember you mentioning this in another post....

It wasn't that long ago that people like yourself were being discriminated against, althou I am sure it still happens, and even killed for their views and belief.... But now you are reversing the roles and are doing the same thing, in a more civilized way, that was done in the past...

Think about it, everyone does not think like you....perhaps you should respect that.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
BTW Majic, great post.

And to those who keep yelling "voter fraud" some groups in both sides were responsible for this, and most if not all were caught.....

Stop trying to blame Republicans for something liberals/democrats are as guilty or more of doing.

BTW....i did an ATSNN thread on Nader wanting to make a law suit against Kerry and his people for fraud.... Not Republicans....he is suing Democrats....

Or is this another "Republican trick"?

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Great Post! You have gotten my vote for WATS.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join