It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Explanation for Shared Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Okay guys.
This is Part 2 of Any Similar Dreams Between People.
First of all, I thank all of you for participating in the shared dream thread and I hope you will add more data. If you haven't seen it, please visit it first before reading the following; you'll better understand what I'm talking about.

Secondly, we discovered that there's indeed many persons that dreams at the same basic dream. Of course, it raised some questions as to why.
I believe I may have an explanation for this peculiar phenomenon, and I hope it makes sense. Some people agreed that it looked indeed like a very possible hypothesis.

The unlikely coincidence that many people around the world dreams at the exact same places, even with different situations, made us think that it might be real places. But, was it places that existed on Earth, or it was in another plane of existence?

This dream-universe would be different than the one we now live in; after all, there were dreams in which I was in 2008, but had flying cars, and extreme high towers. Or, a map of the Earth showing really different continents.
In fact, I believe that there's not only one plane of existence, but many. After all, the dreams with the rotten egg smell has a different "feel" than the maze-like dreams, or the hanging-in-the-sky dreams.
I believe some part of science may explain dreams, and the two that comes to mind is Multiverses and frequencies.

See, our brains can send wide varieties of frequencies (it is now used to help paraplegic people surf mentally the Web); those frequencies are bigger and more powerful during our sleeps, due to a chemical produced by the pineal gland when we're ready to rest. This chemical, known by the military and the doctors, seems to released the brain's potential of sending bigger and more powerful frequencies; this info was given to me by a military friend. I'm however afraid that I don't remember the name of the chemical. It was something like DTS, or DST, something like that.

Some scientists believes that each universe in the Multiverse theory, vibrates and exists in a specific frequency (for instance, ours vibrates on 60 Hertz, while Universe #3456 would vibrate on 300 Hertz).

My theory is that our mood or emotions in which we fall asleep (angry, tired, peaceful, sad, etc) have each a specific frequency, and that frequency taps into the universe corresponding, and we're then out-of-phase of Earth-Universe, but in-phase with Universe 3456.
Example: you wake up at 4 a.m., go to the bathroom, and go back to sleep. By the window, you can see the peaceful faint light of morning; it trigers a specific frequency (let's say 256 Hertz). There's a universe (let's say the maze-like universe) vibrating on 256 Hertz, and when you fall asleep, you then get in-phase with this universe, and you now walk, touch, and technically belongs in this universe, because you're now in phase with it, but out-of-phase with Earth-Universe. It now became your world, and you can interact with it.
However, you're still naturally and since your birth bonded to Earth-Universe's frequency, and that's why you can sometimes have a slower response time than wanted in your dreams, or still remember parts of your life in here while you're out there.

I wish scientists would study this hypothesis further, now that they know about multiverses theory and the brain's ability to send and tap into a wide variety of frequencies.
This theory should explain how we can interact with the people in our dreams, and how everyone can visit these places. They would truly exists, but out-of-phase with our native universe.
I believe that this hypothesis would make more sense than hallucinations of our mind. There's too much coincidences and reports of shared dream, to be the hallucination theory.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I think your theory is entirely possible, even though i don't know anything about all the science stuff :p
but there is just too much coincidence to not think there is more to dreams.

I believe that sometimes a dream is just that though.

The thing is, if we go to a different universe, and are lucid, how can we manipulate the surroundings? or do you think that would be just a normal dream within our own mind?

Personally i wouldn't mind knowing if certain people i dreamt about were real :p

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I find your theory most interesting,starheart-and it could well be possible.

Why i say this-every one of these "places that are familiar"-comes with its own individual subtle but definitely different residue of emotions.As in,each place HAS a place,in my mind-soul-psyche,if you know what i'm clumsily trying to say:-) Bless you starheart.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Great theory, OP. It makes sense to me because of consciousness vibrational frequency. I wondered for a long time, I have a strong connection with my daughter and we often share dreams.

There is a theory that dimensions are only separated by frequency as well, so I wonder if the 'dream world' is just another dimension. This site is a rather interesting read about the frequencies of consciousness and dimensions. The article is a bit on the esoteric side, but it is interesting nonetheless. This link explains the law of vibration and brings up a very interesting point about not being able to see certain bacteria until the invention of the electron microscope... Proving the point that just because we can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

There is so much information relating to this fascinating subject. I look forward to reading what others share in this thread

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wondering12

I believe that sometimes a dream is just that though.

The thing is, if we go to a different universe, and are lucid, how can we manipulate the surroundings? or do you think that would be just a normal dream within our own mind?

The reason why we can manipulate our surroundings in another universe, is because we're in-phase with it, we now belong in that universe, our frequency is now exactly the one in the universe, thus, we can touch it, talk to it, etc.

Okay, let me give you a simple example. It's a bit like that:
There's two set of paper targets (our native universe, and the universe you're about to go; Universe 1 is ours, Universe 2 is your dream) and you're the shooter (you when you dream).
When you're not dreaming, Target #1/Universe 1 is facing you (in-phase), and Target #2/Universe 2 is presenting its side, a small 0.5 milimeter of paper facing you (out-of-phase): you can shoot the Target #1/Universe 1 because its whole surface is facing you; but you can't shoot Target #2/Universe 2, because only the 0.5 milimeter side of the paper is facing you, thus, your bullets can't pinpoint the target, and you can't interact with Target #2/Universe 2. You can only interact with Target #1/Universe 1.
So far okay? Now, that's what happens when you dream:
Target #1/Universe 1 is now presenting its 0.5 milimeter side, but Target #2/Universe 2 (dream universe) is now facing you, its entire surface. So now you can shoot on Target #2/Universe 2, but not on Target #1/Universe 1 (because only an intouchable 0.5 milimeter side is facing). You're now interacting with Universe 2.
Understand?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I find your theory most interesting,starheart-and it could well be possible.

Why i say this-every one of these "places that are familiar"-comes with its own individual subtle but definitely different residue of emotions.As in,each place HAS a place,in my mind-soul-psyche,if you know what i'm clumsily trying to say:-) Bless you starheart.

Yes, I understand what you're saying, and that's it exactly.

A universe has a specific mood (the rotten egg smell universe is definitevely a dark-scary-apprehension mood universe), enabling everyone that feels that way to visit it. However each person's own emotions/feelings can be also found in a universe. For example, you can visit a maze-like universe, and yet it will also be tuned to whatever what else you feel. I hope I made sense, just now...

Because of the multiverse theory, all unimaginable possibilities can exist in each universe. A universe can have different laws of gravity, or different type of soil, you know what I mean? An universe can even have different emotions than here. My brother felt a completely foreign emotion in a dream, one day, and that's even possible.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

A thread of interest:

Who else seems to go to the same place every night in their dreams?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 4/8/2010 @ 07:05 PM

And this:

"Akashic Records And Antique Shop"? Or Just A Random Dream?
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 1/16/2011 @ 08:59 PM

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I think i get what your saying with the manipulation but forgive me for being dense, i have a hard time concentrating and understanding things lately

But even though we are in phase with that other universe, how can i make people disappear? or teleport to a new place or even fly?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I think the abbreviation you're looking for is "'___'" which I believe is a catalyst. I had a couple arguments on here with a few people saying there is not enough evidence or whatever, but I think otherwise.

Many dreamers believe what you posted OP. Especially the frequencies in which we vibrate when we sleep, our emotions all of that which you stated is believed by many dreamers.

I think you're spot on.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

There is a theory that dimensions are only separated by frequency as well, so I wonder if the 'dream world' is just another dimension.

Yes, exactly, this is exactly what I'm talking about!

Not only each universe vibrates in different frequencies, but they're also separated by the same frequencies. The links you gave me, even if they're indeed on the esoterical side, is exactly what I'm talking about for dreams. Thank you!

I discovered about this hypothesis first of all by an esoterical book in which the authors (husband and wife) claimed to have visited Heaven through OOBE, and in which their "guide" told them that humans visited other universes while dreaming. I was kinda sceptic first, because of their unusual ability of remembering every single detail, scent, and words of their OOBE, but the multiverse/dreaming part made me think.
Then I remembered the Native American's belief in millions of universes, represented through the spider. But the spider is also guardian of the dreams, and its web is both the millions of universes, and dreams.
So, I began to figure out that maybe, like the Native American believed, multiverse and dreams were related. Then I heard about the shared dreams and worlds, how the brain sent frequencies, and then how multiverses each had specific frequencies.
That's how my theory began.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

A thread of interest:

Who else seems to go to the same place every night in their dreams?
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 4/8/2010 @ 07:05 PM

Good thread!

To answer your question, personally, I always only went twice or three times in the same place (the only time I remember was in an old village); but in the first part Any Similar Dreams Between People, there's a member, Raxoxane, who always came to the same city and lived a life there, for some time, very much like you. That is one of the reason why I believed in visiting other universes, while dreaming. The hallucination theory proposed by doctors didn't make sense when faced with constant dreaming in entire city, village, or other places.

And this:

"Akashic Records And Antique Shop"? Or Just A Random Dream?
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 1/16/2011 @ 08:59 PM

Again, beautiful dream!

I can only speak for myself, but I believe it was just an art center, the "Same Place"'s library and music center under one roof. The fact that most of its music instruments were earth-like would make me think of an universe related with ours, just slightly different (a different timeline, perhaps, or one set in the past, 1950ish, or set in a slight future, 2050ish). Again, only me, but it seems more like indeed an Antique Shop, than an Akashic Records, or a random dream. I don't think whoever guards the Akashic Records lets everyone randomly access it; too much important/dangerous knowledge.

As for your sudden lucidity in the dream, it was probably lucid dreaming.
Most of the time, when we dream, we're like on an automatism, following the action and timeline in the dream, but unable to do anything else. But there's sometime, under unknown circumstance, that we become lucid, able to consciously do whatever we want. Maybe you were lucky, and became lucid...
I know, it's alot of "maybe" and "probably...
I'm afraid I can't do more than that...

I'm gonna S&F both your threads, now!
Very nice dreams!

P.S. : As for me, I don't recognize both your metropolitan city, and the antique art shop, to answer your question.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I think i get what your saying with the manipulation but forgive me for being dense, i have a hard time concentrating and understanding things lately

Oh, no no, it didn't mind me, I just wanted to explain it a way that didn't involve physics, for everyone, and I just hoped it got out right.

I know the feeling.

But even though we are in phase with that other universe, how can i make people disappear? or teleport to a new place or even fly?

You can make other people disappear, or teleport?! Wow, you're good!

Multiverse are literally infinite in number; and literally all possibilities are possible in those universes; that includes higher technology (teleportation), higher mind abilities then here, with telekinesis, or remote viewing, etc (to use your mind to make someone disappear), and, either less gravity than here, or flying machine that straps to you, for the flying. Or just a cloaked plane... It happened to me many times, with either planes or cars.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I think the abbreviation you're looking for is "'___'" which I believe is a catalyst. I had a couple arguments on here with a few people saying there is not enough evidence or whatever, but I think otherwise.

Many dreamers believe what you posted OP. Especially the frequencies in which we vibrate when we sleep, our emotions all of that which you stated is believed by many dreamers.

I think you're spot on.

Well thank you, and I'm glad to see that it's a popular belief. What we'll need, one day, is to prove it.
Hopefully, when they'll have the equipement to film our dreams...

I'll check for the "'___'", it might be that too, but it was really beginning with a D, and two other letters after that... A military friend gave me the name, months ago, but it got lost...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I wish i were good at that stuff, only managed a couple of times to make people disappear, or appear :p usually i just have to wake myself up.

I wonder though, if those are other universes with real other people do they see us as real other people? and if so how do they explain, if say for instance, i wake up and so just disappear on them?
Could it be we are in their dream world ruled by their real world laws and physics?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I wonder though, if those are other universes with real other people do they see us as real other people? and if so how do they explain, if say for instance, i wake up and so just disappear on them?

Yes, they see us as real people that live with them, in their universe. If you ask them if you're dreaming, they'll answer things like: "Of course you don't, don't be silly. Now eat your breakfast, we have to go soon".
Now, what happen when we wake up, I never knew. Do we disappear at their eyes? Does our body in that universe drop dead? Does it continue to live, but on automatism, without real conscience, like a robot? The last one seem to be the most likely to be it, since we can return to the universe and continue what we were doing.

I'll greatly appreciate any suggestion on that while I'm working on a more weird hypothesis that I currently have... But one thing's for sure, we're real to them.

Could it be we are in their dream world ruled by their real world laws and physics?

Exactly! Since each universes is different, it each can have different laws, and physics. One my bro dreamed had a slight moon-like gravity; another, the stars were arranged in geometrical shapes, etc...
So yes, once you go in these universes, and once you get in-phase, you now obey to these universes's laws.

Umm, wait. Did you meant that our dreams are in the other universe's dreams?
That wouldn't be impossible, but.... some of these universes had a real history behind them, real maps... A dream wouldn't necessite those. Beside, if we dream and get into those other universes, then that means that them too dreams into other universes, including our own... Which, thinking about it, might explain some anomalies....
Well anyway, yes, they consider us real, and yes, we obey their laws of physics and justice, etc.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

This i have often wondered about-if one enters another dimension or plane in dreams,the type we are speaking about here,shared/familiar places/people-then what happens when we wake up here?

Like this past week,on Thursday afternoon i had a nap in the late afternoon.As i was waking up,it felt almost like There in the dream,i knew i was about to wake.I only had 3/4 seconds-and i was awake here,but i distinctly recall the feeling of urgency.It was a dream that felt like i was studying/being taught/given info,a lot of that-and as i was waking,myself and a man was debating urgently/disagreeing on some point.That was when i felt like:"Ok,here i go" and i was waking up,and away from there.

It did'nt leave me with a good feeling-my head felt heavy+full,a strange feeling,and i was in a very morbid,bad mood.I went to nap in a perfectly contented peaceful mood-something caused a dramatic change,and i'm sure it was what what i dreamt or what i learnt/was debating while asleep.It left me feeling emotionally out of sorts for the whole weekend.Nothing major+suicidal..but just not at peace,a heavy kind of feeling remained.I noticed because the difference in emotional response,compared to the perfectly fine peachy frame of mind i was in as i lay down for the nap.

I would love to be able to remember more,just this man was urgently arguing was necessary,Had to go/be done a certain way,and i was Not happy,or not at all satisfied that it was the best way to go with whatever the subject matter was.So weird,it was for those 3/4 seconds as if i was in BOTH worlds,here and in the dream.I think a large part of the kind of the frustrated,upset,grotty frame of mind i woke up in,was because i felt time had run out too soon.Very frustrating.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Yes, they see us as real people that live with them, in their universe. If you ask them if you're dreaming, they'll answer things like: "Of course you don't, don't be silly. Now eat your breakfast, we have to go soon". Now, what happen when we wake up, I never knew. Do we disappear at their eyes? Does our body in that universe drop dead? Does it continue to live, but on automatism, without real conscience, like a robot? The last one seem to be the most likely to be it, since we can return to the universe and continue what we were doing.

If that were true and our body in their world carries on automatically, then the same is true vice versa when they come here... i guess i could buy that.

Hmm.. this is hard trying to get this thought out so bear with me :p
So if we come and go to their universe in our dreams, a different one each time for the sake of argument. And they come and go into ours then that would mean there is only on of each of us ever? Like however many universes there are, there is still only one of each persons soul so to speak and we just jump around each place?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Like this past week,on Thursday afternoon i had a nap in the late afternoon.As i was waking up,it felt almost like There in the dream,i knew i was about to wake.I only had 3/4 seconds-and i was awake here,but i distinctly recall the feeling of urgency.It was a dream that felt like i was studying/being taught/given info,a lot of that-and as i was waking,myself and a man was debating urgently/disagreeing on some point.That was when i felt like:"Ok,here i go" and i was waking up,and away from there.

Oh yeah, we know that feeling...
And yes, the last mili-seconds always seems to be in-between both worlds; I guess it results from the "travel" that we must pass from dream-universe to Earth-universe.

I can't really say about what happen to us in the dream-universe when we wake up. That is the little blob in my theory. What happens there when we wake up. Do we continue to exist, oblivious to the fact that we woke up in another universe? Do we exist, but without "soul"? Do we just disappear? That's unluckely the only thing I don't know. I can only guess that we continue to exist there, just without the soul.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

If that were true and our body in their world carries on automatically, then the same is true vice versa when they come here... i guess i could buy that.

Hmm.. this is hard trying to get this thought out so bear with me :p
So if we come and go to their universe in our dreams, a different one each time for the sake of argument. And they come and go into ours then that would mean there is only on of each of us ever? Like however many universes there are, there is still only one of each persons soul so to speak and we just jump around each place?

Yes. Or, so I believe. There may be many bodies of us, but only one soul of each of us. That would seem logical. Do you imagine how many souls would exist otherwise?

But I may be wrong. Or right.
You know, maybe that'll be why we always need to sleep and dream... We have to go in all our bodies...
I'm afraid this part is still slightly nebulous...

Maybe all of us together can get an answer.... That's the purpose of this thread.
So, it looks like we all agree that our dreams might be other universes. The question that is left, is what happens to the other ourselves. You already almost hit the jackpot with the hypothesis that there's only one "soul" but many bodies. The question now, is how can we exist without that "soul"? Are we now "alive" but we're in fact dreaming somewhere else? And if yes, then what is the purpose of that "soul" if we can exist without it? So many "what"...

top topics

join