It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the bomber ? Just don't forget Richard Jewell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have been reading the countless threads on what happen in Boston. I have seen the Pics, with circles and arrows, and a paragraph explaining them. I have seen names tossed about.

With all the different claims and speculation about who did it. I felt the need to remind everyone, only one claim will be right. All the theories and pics that abound on the interweb involve real people, and their lives. Nothing can ruin a life faster than unbacked speculation.

These are real people that are being talked about, or their pictures are being shown. almost all will be proven innocent of charges.

How many of you remember what happen to Richard Jewell?

Richard A. Jewell (December 17, 1962 – August 29, 2007) was an American police officer who, while working as a security guard for Piedmont College,[1] became known in connection with the Centennial Olympic Park bombing at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. Discovering a pipe bomb on the park grounds, Jewell alerted police and helped to evacuate the area before the bomb exploded, saving many people from injury or death. Initially hailed by the media as a hero, Jewell was later considered a suspect. Jewell's case is considered an example of the damage that can be done by reporting based on unreliable or incomplete information.[2]

Despite never being officially charged, he underwent a "trial by media" with great toll on his personal and professional life. Eventually he was completely exonerated; Eric Robert Rudolph was later found to have been the bomber.[3][4] In 2006, Governor Sonny Perdue publicly thanked Jewell on behalf of the state of Georgia for saving the lives of those at the Olympics

www.businessinsider.com...

Please remember, that while it is fun to play detective. These are real peoples lives you are playing with.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Almost the new Richard Jewell?

www.nydailynews.com...

Teenager Salah Barhoum’s face was plastered on the front of the New York Post Thursday — and the tabloid labeled him and a friend “Bag Men” and reported they were being sought by the authorities investigating the Boston Marathon.

But the dedicated high school track star wasn’t in hiding — and he wasn’t guilty.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
hmm...
good reason to wear a burqa.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hmmmm...you make an interesting point. So.....you're saying Richard Jewell did the Boston Marathon bombing? I've not heard that angle yet... I'll go on FB and start spreading the word. It's about time people take notice of the investigative power of the ATS membership! Matter of fact...I've been looking for a good reason to make my very first YouTube video, and this original peice of investigative journalism has just given me all the reason I need!
Don't worry, I'll give you all the credit of course

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
Hmmmm...you make an interesting point. So.....you're saying Richard Jewell did the Boston Marathon bombing? I've not heard that angle yet... I'll go on FB and start spreading the word. It's about time people take notice of the investigative power of the ATS membership! Matter of fact...I've been looking for a good reason to make my very first YouTube video, and this original peice of investigative journalism has just given me all the reason I need!
Don't worry, I'll give you all the credit of course

You are one fine specimen of a human.

Bet your mother is proud.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I don't get it either. You make a perfectly sound and rational post with a very VERY pertinent point and that's the sort of responses it elicits? Burqa jokes and some rambling nonsense from a self proclaimed "upstanding member"...

Yet someone else makes a completely illegible topic about alex jones and navy seal hats, and it takes off with the usual salivating pathetic excuses of humanity ripping apart the pictures all inspector cluedo style, complete with self congratulatory smirking and condescending arrogance towards anyone who tries to interject rationale.

As the second post in this thread shows, the people in those images are real people. With lives, families, and one hell of a lot more of an intimate experience with this tragedy than any of the low brow ignoramuses that seem to crawl out of the woodwork around here. A 17 year old kid, ffs. Front page news. Some retard will not care he's innocent and potentially go after him. Now his name is out.

Kinda proves the point that these sycophants to jones aren't interested in the truth. They simply want the hardon being a super-jones gives them.

ATS is their foghorn.

S&F Rocky..

edit on 18-4-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Thanks wino, the true nature of a persons personality shows in times like this.

It's like sharks in a feeding frenzy, some people smell a drop of blood and just want their pound of flesh.

edit on 18-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Seems these days that premature trials by media are much more damning and damaging than a trial by jury. People can be tried by the press with little to no evidence and found guilty by the viewing public even when they are completely innocent of any crime, and once their reputations are tarnished they will never be regained. Look at what happened to that poor guy who was falsely jailed in the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping- he died in jail before being completely exonerated.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Yep, the list is long of trial by media.

I have no doubt in my mind that many innocent people have gone to prison because of their portrayal in the media, and not having enough money for a good lawyer afterwards.

join