It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea ready to talk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
North Korea has said it is ready to talk if UN sanctions against it are withdrawn and the US and South Korea put an end to joint military drills.

The conditions for dialogue were outlined in a statement from the North's National Defence Commission and carried on official news agency KCNA. But South Korea's Foreign Ministry brushed off the North's demands, calling them "incomprehensible".

Looks like he's finally realised what an idiot he looks
SOURCE

Cody
ETA: Damn phone. Mods please move to appropriate forum
edit on 18/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
To all the folks that were saying that NK was getting ready to launch WWIII by nuking SK and 'Merica and this was not more of the same crap they have been pulling for years, all I have to say is.....

Told ya so

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
He won't save face with this. He already pushed the envelope too far. If this is the only proposal he puts forward his country will think him weak.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

incomprehensible

is a very strange world to use, no wonder there is such trouble when they cannot understand a simple request like that. It means North Korea wants it money back, something to eat and play with the south rather than against it.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
They aren't ready to talk yet....those conditions...they know they will be refused. We're not going to lift the sanctions...they were voted on because of NK's reneged agreements in the first place!

Time is on OUR side...he's the one who has to give. Of course, I'm betting he plans on waiting until the end of this month (when the exercises have long been scheduled to end), and then say, "See! I made dem reave!"

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I dare say you are correct Gazrock
I thought South Korea's reply using incomprehensible was kinda like stic king your fingers in your ears and shouting NAH NAH NAH NAH.
Don't want to listen.

After all they have a vested interest in seeing the north effectively bombed back to the ice age.
Cody

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

guess you cant read then right? Those were demands just to sit down to talk lil kim already knows the sanctions wont be lifted why do you think he said it same with the joint exercises. Honestly I think he is trying to find a way to make the U.S look like the bad guy so he can drum up support.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by darknull

Yes but he's already been snubbed by China

In a quiet snub with big implications, North Korea’s young leader Kim Jong-un was refused an appointment in China this year.

The incident might have flown under the radar but for a Reuters report on Wednesday, wherein an anonymous source with close ties to both Pyongyang and Beijing confirmed that Kim Jong-un had requested a visit. It would have been his first official trip to China.

SOURCE

So no new chums there

Cody

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Time is on OUR side...he's the one who has to give.

So what is your end game? Try and make Kim come begging to the US for salvation and declare obedience. Considering what has been going on the past 50 or 60 years I find this highly unlikely.

Or are you trying to eliminate the regime and have South Korean culture invade through the North? To do this the wall must come down. It can either be through military means which will only leave some cockroaches and worms to govern or through peaceful measures. In looking at the reunification efforts the North is willing to make the move to more democratic principles. There is a lot of detail that still needs to be worked, but I fail to see how the US preforming military rehearsals with the South is going to achieve any productive discussions. Apart from seeing how China and Russia respond to get their take on the issue all it does is antagonize the situation and show a lack of commitment to a peaceful reunified Korea as war planning and preparations take place.

So as someone who supports the current sanctions and military drills, can you please help me understand what their long term goal is and how these actions help in achieving these aims?

new topics

top topics

join