It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that it's all over, how do you feel about the results?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by livenlearn

Originally posted by John bull 1
As a European I was concerned about what another 4 years of Bush would mean for the world.

..........Ah well.

My one consolation is that I hope you get what you voted for.

I hope Abortion is made illegal.

I hope Stem Cell research is made illegal.

I hope prayer is reintroduced to schools.

I hope Gays do find themselves discriminated against.

I know Europe won't send troops now to help the USA in it's little wars and so I hope your young men and women get the Draft.

I hope Bush continues with his tax cuts for the rich and I hope he does just as good a job with your economy.

Atleast he's not my leader and I don't live in the USA.

Goodluck!

Don't worry, if we needed your help in a war all we'd have to do is be high bidder.

Oh dear. this is what we're talking about, 'us europeans'. The cluster majority that voted bush/chaney in have the interlect of this guy, and it seems the common sense to match. It makes me so angry to think the world wo be ruled by this moron that thinks he's the "leader of the free world" and is only just begining to understand WHAT the free world is outside of the united states.
Europe isn't just one big country my friend, and we cannot be bought - and where ever that idea came from i'd love to be enlightened. I'm going to go outside and dig myself a bomb shelter now... see you all when the smoke and fallout clears.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm embarrassed to be an American
I'm scared of the future
I'm ashamed that the majority of Americans don't see anything wrong with killing and lies but want to control what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home
I can't believe that Church people are so blind that they think he is a good human being. He scares the hell out of me...

Any Canadians here...please U2U me as I have questions concerning moving to your country. Seriously! I think I can transfer through my company

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Deleted.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by USArmyEngineer]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm suprised that any of you Kerry fans can even bring yourselves to crawl out of your beds in the morning with the heavy pesimism you wear draped about you.

Lecky: Whatever makes you think there would be a civil war? Democrats don't have the heavy military support. What was it, 8-10 republicans in the military? That spells certain doom I'd say

Re-read the Constitution on impeachment...oh wait, I don't think CNN has ever shown the Constitution on air....

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I'm scared of the future
I'm ashamed that the majority of Americans don't see anything wrong with killing and lies but want to control what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home
I can't believe that Church people are so blind that they think he is a good human being. He scares the hell out of me...

Any Canadians here...please U2U me as I have questions concerning moving to your country. Seriously! I think I can transfer through my company

bye,bye

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by USArmyEngineer
I'm suprised that any of you Kerry fans can even bring yourselves to crawl out of your beds in the morning with the heavy pesimism you wear draped about you.

It's hard....I just hope all you Bushers can hold your head up high when the crap hits the fan! It will you know! Our economy is going to continue to drop, we will continue to have our young men die over seas, there are gong to be more attacks in our country....but hey! It'll all be ok cause gay people won't be able get married, and that's what's importnat!....

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
At first I felt really disillusioned & depressed. But then I took a step back and looked at the wider picture. I'm pretty frustrated with the Democratic leadership & I think they did a p*ss-poor job. And the low 18-30 voter turn-out is a disgrace--I guess they will not have much to complain about when they get that draft.

But I don't forsee armaggedon, or anything like that.

But for those who talk about moving out of the country just because Bush was re-elected: you know, after countless people have shed blood & died to defend their freedoms in this country, from the Revolutionary War thru WWII and beyond...and here you are just going to up-and-run because a certain president was elected...if that's your attitude--please go!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The American public voted, and picked from two subpar candidates who they wanted to lead the nation for the next four years. My opinion? That's democracy. 50% of the population was going to be pissed off no matter what happened, so forgive me if I don't exactly sympathize with the "OMGOMG TEH WORLD IS ENDING WE ARE INVADING CHINA I'M MOVING TO CANADA!!!!1111!" crowd. It's four freaking years. You dealt with it before, grow some balls and do it again.

I'd say the exact same thing to rhe Right if Kerry had won.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Rather than make this a long spiel, I'll just say ditto on what most others have said so far. It's a sad day in our nation's history, and an even sadder commentary on our nation's people.

The forces lurking around every corner, and the electricity in the air cry of an impending explosion; the tension is high. What we have done defies all reason and sound judgement, and it places our civil liberties, and the entire world, in grave danger. We've given our blessing to the far right and religious fanatics to determine our country's future.

What we've done flies in the face of all that is good and noble and fair and right about our system of government and our way of life. We're no longer to be looked up to. We're no longer to be envied. We're no longer to be respected for the great country we once were. We are, instead, to be feared, distrusted, disliked and disrespected. We are not the America we once were. We've become an America that is arrogant, self-serving and willing to kill anything that gets in our way. As a people our morals, values and visionary aspirations have become erroded and distorted into something very ugly and potentially dangerous.

From the things I've said it can't be easy, but the fact is I truly love America. The America I've always known. It's the last few years that have alarmed me, and I'm concerned over us losing the things we once held so close and dear. The future now looks dismal to me, and I fear we're on thin ice. It's a time when an intelligent leader is needed. Someone with true vision. And someone who isn't divisive and isolationist.

What's in store is anybody's guess. I just hope it's 4 years of nothing in particular, instead of 4 years of economic free-fall, war, lost wages, lost hope and lost respect ...

IBM

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
How do I feel? Confused, embarassed, angry, depressed. I am sorry to say, but I feel ashamed to be a member of the group called Americans right now.

I need comfort food!

Originally posted by LadyV
I'm scared of the future

If you are ashamed to be an American move to North Korea and serve Krazy Kim, guarding the south korea and north korea border, never knowing what to expect, or how you might die. Stop taking your country for granted and grow up.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" -JFK

[edit on 3-11-2004 by IBM]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by netbound
Rather than make this a long spiel, I'll just say ditto on what most others have said so far. It's a sad day in our nation's history, and an even sadder commentary on our nation's people.

The forces lurking around every corner, and the electricity in the air cry of an impending explosion; the tension is high. What we have done defies all reason and sound judgement, and it places our civil liberties, and the entire world, in grave danger. We've given our blessing to the far right and religious fanatics to determine our country's future.

What we've done flies in the face of all that is good and noble and fair and right about our system of government and our way of life. We're no longer to be looked up to. We're no longer to be envied. We're no longer to be respected for the great country we once were. We are, instead, to be feared, distrusted, disliked and disrespected. We are not the America we once were. We've become an America that is arrogant, self-serving and willing to kill anything that gets in our way. As a people our morals, values and visionary aspirations have become erroded and distorted into something very ugly and potentially dangerous.

From the things I've said it can't be easy, but the fact is I truly love America. The America I've always known. It's the last few years that have alarmed me, and I'm concerned over us losing the things we once held so close and dear. The future now looks dismal to me, and I fear we're on thin ice. It's a time when an intelligent leader is needed. Someone with true vision. And someone who isn't divisive and isolationist.

What's in store is anybody's guess. I just hope it's 4 years of nothing in particular, instead of 4 years of economic free-fall, war, lost wages, lost hope and lost respect ...

frankly dont care what the rest of the world cares about our election,but if I took a few moments of my day to think about it I believe I would rather be feared than respected..............

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

have fun in your FEMA camps!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
My opinion on the election? Call it "Revenge of the Rednecks, The Sequel". Its the rural, religious, xenophobic, traditionalist side of the country that won.

I think it just shows that the Great Divide in the US is not about to be fixed. I heard someone on CNN last night say that Americans were not an ideological people, but a practical people. Its somewhat true, but there's a major ideological division amongst the American people both on the foreign and home front that's clearly visible today.

I think 4 more years of Bush will just cement what has begun under his 1st mandate. International opinion of the US will continue to plummet, even more so now that Americans have re-elected this Administration. The USA will find themselves even more isolated, which is a counter-productive situation when you fight an enemy that has cells all over the globe (Terrorists... if that really is who Bush is hunting). The "War on Terror" won't be finished by the end of Bush's 2nd term. If anything, it might have just escalated to new heights.

In USA itself, I think the seeds of a new "counter-culture" have already been planted and will continue to grow. The War in Iraq is the Vietnam of this generation. If after one mandate and seeking re-election the Administration haven't been able to improve the economy for the voting citizen, I doubt it'll suddenly do so now that the Administration has nothing to lose. No silver lining there. Unless you work for Haliburton.

Anyways. Political cycles works like a pendulum. Its gone to the left in the 90's, now to the right in 2000's and it will go back to the left sooner or later. That's how things always been. All there is to wonder is how much damage will have been done until then and how long the negative effects of those damage will last, at home and in the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think what scares me more than the fact that Bush was reelected is that we now are very unbalanced within both houses of congress. Though this isn't that uncommon its steadily gotten worse, the whole reason this government has worked in the past is because there was constant chaos within, two parties or more always apposing each other which meant that one party couldn't get out of hand and go on a power binge. Right now the Democratic party is just about in shambles and is losing its power every day, as the Republican's take control of everything. And dont even mention the independant parties, their so hopelessly out of the power structure that their voice barely even matters. What about the people, who are supposed to hold the power since this government was created to work for the people and not the other way around, well we hardly matter much anymore, I mean the electoral college is who elects the president and this means that the only votes that really matter are the ones in the swing states (you think a demecratic or independant vote did anything in S.C. or any of the southern states? In some of the state positions we didn't even have a choice since both candidates were republican.)

This is just my feelings after the election, personally I could have cared less who got elected, since both parties are about the same anymore.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
As a European I was concerned about what another 4 years of Bush would mean for the world.

..........Ah well.

My one consolation is that I hope you get what you voted for.

I hope Abortion is made illegal.

I hope Stem Cell research is made illegal.

I hope prayer is reintroduced to schools.

I hope Gays do find themselves discriminated against.

I know Europe won't send troops now to help the USA in it's little wars and so I hope your young men and women get the Draft.

I hope Bush continues with his tax cuts for the rich and I hope he does just as good a job with your economy.

Atleast he's not my leader and I don't live in the USA.

Goodluck!

Thanks, you act like everybody in the country voted for Bush when in fact it was just a bit more than 50%. I didn't vote for Bush (I voted Badnarik). Near 50% of our country hates Bush. And you wish all this suffering on us...

- Attero

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join