It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the hate against Christianity?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness123

For all of you that think that their are so many lies in Christianity, there are. The Bible on the other hand is an accurate book, if only Christians would teach according to it! But they don't. The crap you're calling out might be crap after all but the divide is further widened by the Christians who insist on teaching their lies and the skeptics who are intent on believing anything contrary to what Christians say.

Bravo, Witness123!

I don't know what your "office" is or what your profession is, but I get the impression you are a pastor of some kind?

I applaud your efforts to denounce the zealous Christians who DO lie and misrepresent Jesus. How do you implement your goal of teaching tolerance and actual adherence to Jesus' teaching? How many mistaken Christians have you managed to 'straighten out', so to speak? Keep it up, please! Once the fraudulent "Christians" are exposed like WBC has been, there won't be a need to fight against them and their theocratic bullying agenda.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness123
As long as you're not being ridiculous I can't see why they would do that. What they should do is remand you back to God and go on to the next taker.

I agree that they SHOULD leave me alone, but it's not what they do.
And I'm not ridiculous at all. I rarely "admit" that I'm atheist to a believer, but when I have, the results have been hatred, fear and ridicule, telling me I'm going to hell and so on. I strongly support the freedom to be religious and practice one's religion. I think many people are helped tremendously by their faith. But when they start including unwilling people in their beliefs, they open themselves to being shunned.

You seem very reasonable and I wouldn't have a problem with you, I am certain.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here's the thing. Christians founded the United States with the intent of creating a world where people of the freedom of religion and to bad mouth there government if they want.

Those founding fathers also believed in topics that belong on this forum.

That's not the point.

Christians escaped persecution and came to the americas and took the land out from under the Native Americans. Because they hoped they could find somewhere to be free and to freely practice religion.

I don't know if anyone has picked up the fact that the recurring theme is freedom.

Sadly Christians took advantage of this and became what they hate. They are now suppressors and persecutors of people who are different then them.

It's not christianity that should be hated. Nor the bible. No one should because as you see yu become what you hate.

Intolerable christians should be untolerated. Because as the majority rules and christians are the majority in this country. It's time you act like the christians you say you are and practice allowing people to have the same freedom you came to this country for.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

" How do you implement your goal of teaching tolerance and actual adherence to Jesus' teaching? How many mistaken Christians have you managed to 'straighten out', so to speak?"

I've got to be honest, no more than a few. (And I don't mean by any means that I straightened them out which is the word you used. But they spend time learning from me what they could and I learned from them as well and became friends. And they placed value in my wisdom.) The message I preach is very different from what society has heard up until now and it doesn't come in the most attractive package. I have a friend that insists if I prettied it up I would make more progress. But I said just recently, we must confront as Christian people that if we lead even ten to Christ in our entire lifetimes that we have done a tremendous job. So I'm not looking for numbers but tremendous growth among those I do reach. Over time my contacts are constantly shifting. There are just simply far too many that are not ready for my witness but I would say that I have made a difference in perhaps three or four peoples' lives and that to me is a victory.

God said that judgment would start first in the house of God. My word to the church: You have been damning your enemies for so long now, it is time we damn the fakes in our ranks and call them out.

And thanks for your kind words Benevolent Heretic. I truly believe that many reasonable people do not accept my faith because it is has approached the stage of being unreasonable. It is presented through illusory and parabolic language that results in too many logical contradictions for many reasonable people to be expected to accept. I will share with you why I believe that is by way of a parable or example.

We have twenty standing in a line starting with the leader who passes a message to the second behind him, and the second to the third behind him, etc., until it reaches the end. It is the telephone game you might have played as a kid in school. It makes a marvelous point about slander and gossip about others as well as many other points I'm sure you could take from it.It goes without saying, the message deteriorates according to the further it passes down along the line until it reaches the 20th sequence where it is very often unintelligible, or if intelligible, represents very little the content of the original message.

I suggest to you, that there is in fact a God, that we are many times removed and many schisms past the old days where the message went unpolluted, and I suggest there are people alive today who are as qualified as many of the Old Testament or even New Testament figures to argue these principles.

We went through many progressions with early churches and Catholic, breaks between Orthodox denominations, the Protestant Reformation, then schisms among Protestants such as Calvinists and Arminians, Presbyterians and Anglicans, and it compounded and compounded.

What you have today, many of us recognize are many messages, each message suiting the one delivering it, and there are new ones everyday, that if they make sense at all (and some we say do not), that they represent very little of what the original message was.

The true nature of my calling is to restore the Gospel to its original state and my position is very much like being near the front of the line.

You might think the Christians should be ecstatic that my sort have finally arrived to bring this about. They are not. And when my kind were here back thousands of years ago, they were not received by the people either. It was only a few who listened and that is the way it will be today.
edit on 17-4-2013 by Witness123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2013 by Witness123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The truth at the heart of Christianity is the love of God for all his children, so how can anyone hate love?

Like much of today's thinking or lack of it, It's absurd.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The truth at the heart of Christianity is the love of God for all his children, so how can anyone hate love?

Correct. You both make good points.

People hate tyranny, and the Far-Right American Christian Coalition wants to establish it, by force of law.
edit on 17-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manunnaki

Sadly Christians took advantage of this and became what they hate. They are now suppressors and persecutors of people who are different then them.

Everything becomes its opposite sooner or later. Rome did. America did too in the exact same fashion. Ages and religions do too. The age of Pisces did too... in a manner that reflected the uncanny enantiodromia of Christianity.

Enantiodromia (Greek: ἐνάντιος, enantios, opposite + δρόμος, dromos, running course) is a principle introduced by psychiatrist Carl Jung that the superabundance of any force inevitably produces its opposite. It is similar to the principle of equilibrium in the natural world, in that any extreme is opposed by the system in order to restore balance. However, in Jungian terms, a thing psychically transmogrifies into its Shadow opposite, in the repression of psychic forces that are thereby cathected into something powerful and threatening. This can be anticipated as well in the principles of traditional Chinese religion - as in Taoism and yin-yang.

Though "enantiodromia" was coined by Jung, it is implied in the writings of Heraclitus. In fr. 126, for example, Heraclitus says "cold things warm, warm things cool, wet things dry and parched things get wet."[1] It also seems implicit in other of his sayings, like "war is father of all, king of all" (fr. 53), "they do not know that the differing/opposed thing agrees with itself; harmony is reflexive (παλίντροπος palintropos, used of a compound bow, or "in reflexive tension"), like the bow and the lyre" (fr. 51). In these passages and others the idea of the coincidence of opposites is clearly articulated in Heraclitus' characteristic riddling style, as well as the dynamic motion back and forth between the two, generated especially by opposition and conflict.

edit on 17-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I hate christianity, but I don't hate any naive person that believes in this crap (I just want all of them to wake up!). I hate it because all religious beliefs and traditions/rituals are an embarrassment to mankind.

Don't eat meat on Fridays.
Get a spot of ash on your forehead on ash Wednesday.
Apparently, god doesn't like condoms or birth control.
Apparently, god hates people that get a divorce.
Apparently, god hates gays.
Apparently, god hates women.
Word has it that god has healed people, but has never healed an amputated arm or leg.
Jesus was a blue-eyed white guy...FROM THE MIDDLE EAST!

It's too much unbelievable BS.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

"Why all the hate against Christianity?"
Well, it's been that way since day one. Jesus Himself said this would be so.
Real question... why are you surprised?

I would imagine anyone that definately so proclaimed as true a knoweledge so profound would be as a lamb know itself to be thrown to wolves as a heretic. Perhaps it is the blatant bravery shear outlandishness of the statement that is the causation of mis---dis----trust.
edit on 18-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I hate christianity, but I don't hate any naive person that believes in this crap (I just want all of them to wake up!). I hate it because all religious beliefs and traditions/rituals are an embarrassment to mankind.

Don't eat meat on Fridays.
Get a spot of ash on your forehead on ash Wednesday.
Apparently, god doesn't like condoms or birth control.
Apparently, god hates people that get a divorce.
Apparently, god hates gays.
Apparently, god hates women.
Word has it that god has healed people, but has never healed an amputated arm or leg.
Jesus was a blue-eyed white guy...FROM THE MIDDLE EAST!
It's too much unbelievable BS.

Jigger, God didnt do any of this as tomes required by itself. WE DID or some other forsaken human with a God complex invented it (dont blame me). God is a field form energy, it was humanity that decided what clothes its idea of God was going to wear in any given climate; we are talking here of FORMATED human thinking, since we imagined it into being IT MUST have to wear clothes TOO! (not last years style hand me downs or homemade by Mom). You should see the hairstyle Jesus wore, Nazarene; curlique locks one down both sides from the temple one each side (Shirley Templeish). The hair style worn by men determined the most pragmatic of early thoughtformthinktankishness (not birth) OH THIS DUDE IS FROM NAZARETH OBVIOUSLY, (all of these areas had specific mindsets regarding their religious proclivities) this is a problem because being raised in Egypt first for 7 years and learning Greek and Coptic not explained, the other knowing Hebrew never wrote a thing and also spoke Aramaic. He had auburn hair and hazel eyes. NOPE was not the blue eyed Blond Nordic Savior so depicted by salivating gentiles.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
one of the posters already stated the reason why.
Jesus predicted this.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
And there's two reasons for that. If you go into a crowded theater and everyone is giving you trouble, then that would be persecution (not really but just follow me a second). If you walk into a crowded theater and you make an ass out of yourself by yelling fire, then people are going to have good reason to hate you.

I believe there are a lot of people who hate Christianity because they have in some ways decided they wanted to serve a devil figure and they're deeply evil inside. On the other hand, I think a lot of Christian make total asses of themselves and that accounts for why some people hate Christianity.

You can't behave like a douche and expect everyone to just respect you, and then you can't call it persecution when they don't. Some Christians are going to have to become responsible for their own actions and stop blaming the devil for why they don't get their way all the time.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
NOPE was not the blue eyed Blond Nordic Savior so depicted by salivating gentiles.

I know right? it's crazy

God is a field form energy

Oh........nvm

edit on 18-4-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Unless Jesus was half Roman.. just say'n.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The true nature of my calling is to restore the Gospel to its original state and my position is very much like being near the front of the line.

You might think the Christians should be ecstatic that my sort have finally arrived to bring this about. They are not. And when my kind were here back thousands of years ago, they were not received by the people either. It was only a few who listened and that is the way it will be today.

Well, for what it's worth, I'm ecstatic that your 'sort have finally arrived' and are not backing down - and you're not alone. I have met others who share your beliefs. Go, you!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Jigger, God didnt do any of this as tomes required by itself. WE DID

Keep in mind that the topic is Christianity (the religion), and not about any belief in a god.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Jigger, God didnt do any of this as tomes required by itself. WE DID

Keep in mind that the topic is Christianity (the religion), and not about any belief in a god.

Didnt catch that obviousness. Christianity as an undefined doctine YET; as its leader is living in absentia somewhere on an atoll, Figi Island and ITS creater is in Jail on Europa for neglecting/defaulting on its massive child support payments.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
NOPE was not the blue eyed Blond Nordic Savior so depicted by salivating gentiles.

I know right? it's crazy

God is a field form energy

Oh........nvm

I hope that doesnt mean Nerve Gas Me.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness123
I find that there are many people here who hate Christianity. I am interested as to why that is. ...
...After all that, I still revere this faith as being the true faith and Christ as the true Messiah. A lot of Christians make that a hard pill to swallow because of their arrogance but it doesn't invalidate it.
...You who claim to hate this religion and its followers, what is it that makes you hate it so much?

To start - I do not hate Christianity or its followers...
Following that - I question the second portion quoted, above -- "...but it doesn't invalidate it."
I think that, according to the doctrines of Christianity I was taught - one such, being - "a new creation in Christ"...and the general premise that "the old sinful self is replaced with the ZOE-life of God"...there should be a tangible, palatable difference between ALL Christians and EVERYONE-ELSE.
And... ... ...I don't see it.
I have seen...NO DIFFERENCE...and I've travelled up a few echelons in that "corporate" ladder.
But - in response to your starting question - I love Christians...and they have disowned me.
Will read through the replies to your post.
Thanks for the invitation to speak to this "question"!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Christians are hypocritical liars. Say one thing and do another. Impinge upon the natural rights of others when no one is harming you. Fifty percent divorce rate among those that took vowels in religion and you trash you own religion. Your not worthy of your own religion or rights.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join