It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pianist Sentenced For Insulting Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This is a TWO part quote. My reply
apllies on both of you:

Originally posted by logical7
reply to post by Miccey

Would you apply that free choice to doughters of islam aswell? Dont even try, i KNOW first hand that theres no way a Muslim father accepts his doughters choice to marry i.e a Jew...NO WAY..She would be badly hurt or even killed...And dont come here saying "its a culture" thing...I KNOW FIRST HAND.

yes i will, daughters of Islam are free to make choices once they are adults. The parents may not like it but they have no right to hurt her, they however have a right to discuss it and advice her.

For a muslimah her religion is important and she knows that a non muslim man may not respect her religion and prophet and may not be the best for her spirituality and she may have to do haram things(drinks in the house, cook pork etc)

i believe in giving knowledge to people and letting them choose for themselves. People are smart you see.

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Miccey

Would you apply that free choice to doughters of islam aswell? Dont even try, i KNOW first hand that theres no way a Muslim father accepts his doughters choice to marry i.e a Jew...NO WAY.

Well, its the same reason why Jewish or Christian fathers wont let their daughter choose a Muslim man in marriage. So if everybody else wants to stick to their own kind then nothing wrong with Muslims doing it.

Well, heres the problem. We dont raise our children to the notion
that FATHER is "god almighty", as i said. I know first hand what you say
is total hogwash..
If my doughter so chose when shes old enough to make that choice
to marry a muslim man, i wont object...IF, she does that out of HER
free will...And i dont have ANY religion...Im a HUMAN being.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Well, heres the problem. We dont raise our children to the notion that FATHER is "god almighty", as i said. I know first hand what you say is total hogwash.

The only thing that is hogwash is your claim that some people raise their girls to the idea of their father being "God almighty". They DON'T. Their father is their father and God is God. They don't confuse "dad" with "God".

If my doughter so chose when shes old enough to make that choice to marry a muslim man, i wont object...IF, she does that out of HER free will..And i dont have ANY religion...Im a HUMAN being.

Well, thats your call.... and its all good.
There are also people born as muslims, Christians or Jews who adopt secular lifestyles, and I'm pretty sure they too would share your point of view.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Well, heres the problem. We dont raise our children to the notion that FATHER is "god almighty", as i said. I know first hand what you say is total hogwash.. If my doughter so chose when shes old enough to make that choice to marry a muslim man, i wont object...IF, she does that out of HER free will...And i dont have ANY religion...Im a HUMAN being.

we raise our children teaching that God is God and father is father and that our lives should be a worship to God alone, so a muslim girl marrying a non muslim is out of question for a girl who is serious about her religion.
Parents who raise kids secularly and without knowledge of Islam then expect the daughters to follow islamic teachings and not marry anyone she likes are plain stupid. Its a lost cause.

Being a human being is nice, we are humans too, we however also recognise our Creator and try to live a life that He wanted for us knowing we will return and will be accountable.
edit on 19-4-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is pointless...

Islam will NEVER accept any other than ISLAM..

And i still think religion should be banned from
all aspect of government and scociety..

My beliefe is MINE...
Yours is yours..
NO ONE should be allowed to tell others what to belive.

When my kids ask me about "god" i tell them what i belive..
I also tell them about other belifs and "storys". BUT, i also
tell them, i might be wrong. Its up to them what
THEY want to belive..

In a muslim family, would that be the case...??

Im out its like i said, no point..

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I fail to even see the story here.

The article says

An Istanbul court slapped a world-renowned musician Monday with a 10-month suspended sentence for posting a series of tweets that poked fun at Islamic descriptions of heaven.

So they said he was wrong but suspended his sentence..?? Sounds like they let him off easy. Heck if the wanted to hurt him and send a strong message, they could have cut off all his fingers ruining his profession for good.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

"Will you be fine if in america more people praise Islam and accept it out of their own choice? If not why?"

No, I wouldn't be fine with it, just as I am definitely NOT okay with the KKK, or skinheads, or Nazi lovers being able to spread their poison and violence throughout my country.

My country is my home. Just recently it was reported that a 14 year old Iranian girl accused of adultery was brought before an Imam for sentencing. The girl was raped. But the Imam sentenced her to 101 lashes, upon which the little girl died after the 70th lash. The rapist in this case is the sister's husband.

Now, just because that SICK, DEMENTED, EVIL RELIGION blames the female for being raped, this does not mean that I have to accept it, nor do I have to allow this husband-slash-rapist of baby girls into my home. So, you tell me why I would have to accept people like this into my country. You tell me why I have to look at an evil organization, such as the Islamic faith, and accept it as a religion?

Well, I don't want any of that savage, retarded crap in my home or my country.
edit on 4/19/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/19/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

now if he is rooting for freedom of expression in his OP while showing the opposite attitude when it comes to Islam and muslims, then what will you call it? Maybe 'hypocrite' is not the best word, can you suggest any other?
reply to post by logical7

Everything in this world can be ruined by those seeking to do evil. We know where the Nation of Islam stands on freedom of speech, so once the U.S. muslims become a majority (and they will if we don't get rid of them) they will vote their ignorant religious leaders into office, and freedom of speech will be the first to go.

As for freedom of expression, pedophiles should have a right to show their love for children, right? Of course not! Freedom of expression has to set limits.

I do not and will not accept Islam as a religion. This infection is an invading force into western civilized nations, and it must be destroyed before it destroys our way of life (and it WILL do just that!)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Putting aside the insinuation that somehow American muslims would not support the constitution,

Are you serious? Think of muslims becoming a majority in this country. Do you actually think they would vote for a sane, reasonable Christian candidate over a lunatic, savage, ignorant cleric? Do you really believe they would support the constitution???? Do you really believe they would stand side-by-side with Jews? Would they defend an atheist's right to free speech?

No way. No how.
They would bring our country to utter ruin. The would use our military might to destroy Israel. They would return women to second class status.

This would be a total nightmare.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I hate to break it to you, but there already ARE muslims in the US. They participated in the voting of Obama, (a different set) participated in the voting of Bush, and Clinton, and Bush, etc, etc, quite a ways back. They are also participating in the government, at many levels, being elected to positions by non-muslims too. Right now, and for any foreseeable, plausible future, the US is in far, far, far, far, far, far, far more danger of falling to a wealthy elite who play on fear-mongering and the distortion of (christian) faith into a form of Dominionism than any "creeping sharia" or "muslamic invasion" or "outbreeding race" or any other BS like that.

I like your delineation as a supposed atheist of "sane reasonable christian" and "lunatic, savage, ignorant cleric", though. Quite telling.
Tell me, would you vote for a "lunatic, savage ignorant cleric" (eg. Pat Robertson), or a "sane reasonable muslim". Wait, nevermind, I already know the answer: Bigotry.
Ask the same to a christian. Would they vote for a Christian, or an atheist? How many centuries do you think it'll take for an atheist to be voted into office? Or even a jew? It is a matter of utter amazement that the candidate for the Republicans was a Mormon (although across the country his Mormonism was cause to put him into suspicion). Most hilarious of all is the accusation that Obama was a "secret muslim". See how that sentence is structured? "accusation" "secret"?

As if there is intrinsically something evil and vile about being a muslim, and that is some form of a slander or accusation. As if being muslim somehow takes away from their being human or something. Seems like your point of view as well. Like the sort of accusations against John F. Kennedy. "Because he's catholic, he won't support the constitution" or "Because he's catholic he'd listen to the Pope first". Bigotry.

Also, "military might to destroy Israel"??

Suuuure. As if it isn't already using its military might to "destroy Iraq". Used it to "destroy Afghanistan" Used to "destroy Pakistan". I suppose they don't count, because they're only muslims, and not humans?
edit on 19-4-2013 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Also, "military might to destroy Israel"?? Suuuure. As if it isn't already using its military might to "destroy Iraq". Used it to "destroy Afghanistan" Used to "destroy Pakistan". I suppose they don't count, because they're only muslims, and not humans?

Think
about
that.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Dear babloyi,

I'd like to take a shot at your question to jiggerj, if I may.

Ask the same to a christian. Would they vote for a Christian, or an atheist? How many centuries do you think it'll take for an atheist to be voted into office? Or even a jew?
I believe that the President is elected to support and defend the Constitution and to execute all laws faithfully (among other things). I choose to vote for the President who is most likely to do these things. If an Atheist ran for office on the principle of eliminating the mention of God or public worship, I would vote against him. If an Atheist showed he was a prudent Constitutionalist, I would not object to him. (Or a woman or a Jew)

Most hilarious of all is the accusation that Obama was a "secret muslim". See how that sentence is structured? "accusation" "secret"?
The part that bothered some voters was their belief that Obama was not being honest in order to improve his chances for election. If true, I might vote against him simply on the basis of dishonesty.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
So what's the sharia penalty for some wit and humor?Amputate the pianists fingers or something?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
First let me say that punishing people for expressing their opinions is disgusting and cannot be excused. However, in many parts of so called free world you can be similarly punished for expressing racism, hate, obscenity etc. And thats not any different than this.

How do we expect humanity to ever grow up when we treat people like children who need to be controlled?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I do not and will not accept Islam as a religion. This infection is an invading force into western civilized nations, and it must be destroyed before it destroys our way of life (and it WILL do just that!)

Jiggerj when i put myself in your place and think. I find that i am very miserable.
Let me explain,
If Islam is from God and if God exists then it will spread and i may keep grumbling and be miserable.

If there is no god and Islam is just a sick organisation and yet it spreads even then i am miserable.

As an atheist there is no hope for ultimate justice, so the only comfort is that death will end my misery.

Is that the best way to live? Afraid and anxious all the time?

My point is, why are you choosing a situation/stand that may have no good for you or give you no peace.
edit on 20-4-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Jiggerj when i put myself in your place and think. I find that i am very miserable.
Let me explain,
If Islam is from God and if God exists then it will spread and i may keep grumbling and be miserable.

If there is no god and Islam is just a sick organisation and yet it spreads even then i am miserable.

As an atheist there is no hope for ultimate justice, so the only comfort is that death will end my misery.

Is that the best way to live? Afraid and anxious all the time?

My point is, why are you choosing a situation/stand that may have no good for you or give you no peace.
edit on 20-4-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

You have it a bit backwards.

Life of atheists: Love hard, laugh hard, explore all the wonders and secrets of the universe because this is our one and only life.

Life of religious and of the Islamic faith: Sacrifice, fear god, don't question anything (just believe), kill in the name of god, oppress women, blame rape on the victim, honor kill family members, riot if someone draws a cartoon of prophet, take offense at those that don't agree with your faith. But don't worry, you will be rewarded for creating a hell on earth because you get to go to heaven.

I'll choose the joy of atheism over the chains of faith every time.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

and insulting followers of Islam that are no better than the common criminal.

all 2 billion??!!

He didn't even point out how the followers of islam love to rape women and honor kill their own kids.

yes indeed.
yet rape and domestic violence, child abuse is rampant is america.

How about all our women are living with us in fear waiting for an american hero to save her from the monster in a beard

Wow. I know religion is stupid and evil, but this is a new low even for stupid and evil. Will someone please tell me how mankind can still be so brainwashed and ignorant in the 21st century?

talking about anyone being brainwashed and ignorant, did you read your own OP?

So you are for the pianist being jailed... Grats.

Way to stay ignorant. The religion of peace needs to be renamed the religion of understanding. Should also be renamed the religion that practices what they preach...one of them preachings being that it is a sin to kill a Muslim...which they never do...unless them Muslims don't follow the imam as You do.

Grats again on giving all Muslims a bad rep. You should feel proud... A person being jailed for speaking his/her mind shouldn't be jailed if they don't hurt anyone. Worse case, they should of deported him. But then again, we are all supposed to be understanding in the way of Islam, the religion of worldly peace. As long as that world follows the same Islam as you.

Bet if he hit his women and demanded his daughters stayed at home and didn't attend school, he'd be a model 'man' in society.

If you need links to more acts of freedom, click the sig. link.

God bless.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61
So what's the sharia penalty for some wit and humor?Amputate the pianists fingers or something?

Yes. You should respect what was written. It is the law!

Only infidel's have wit and humor in life. All infidel's should be killed, that is also written.

The pianist was let off easy, he needs to be stoned for insulting Islam...yes, also written.

I know the old testament was just as harsh and laws of Moses were f'd up by today's standard...but maybe this Jesus dude was onto something with his love and forgiveness to all.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61

Turkish Republic has no Sharia Laws . Instead , it's laws are based Swiss - Italian - German and French laws .

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What crime did Fazil Say has committed according to Turkish Penal Code ?

The Turkish Criminal Code's Article 216 (3) states: "Any person who openly denigrates the religious beliefs of a group shall be punished with imprisonment from six months to one year if the act is conducive to a breach of the public peace". .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join