It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crystals and how to use them?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I recently delved into Reiki and energy work. It was suggested that I look into obtaining crystals and stones that spoke to me. So today after work I took the time and went to a local metaphysical shop and went through and picked out the stones which I felt "spoke" to me. Now prior to the reiki work I had always scoffed at such as I called it nonsense reiki, crystals etc. After the first reiki appointment I quickly changed my mind. I walked out with these
crystals/stones
Pyrite
Obsidian snowflake
Malachite
Moonstone
Citrine
Jet
Tigers Eye
Aragonite
Purple Amethyst Skull

Now, my question is how does one use these?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Any way you want, the only thing that matters is that you believe it does something. That's how these things "work". It seems like crystal selling is a good business to get in to.
edit on 15-4-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I know nothing about Reiki or 'energy work' at least not by those names, I've never really researched either. I just know that whenever I go into a shop that sells crystals, I find myself touching tons of them, and I always come away with at least one that just feels right. Right for what, exactly? Who knows. I just like having them around me.
I like to place them in different areas around my home, places where I can see them, or places that catch the light from windows "just right". I like to put them around or beside my candles, they're calming for me.

Sorry that was actually no help or answer to your question. (Just trying to get away from the Boston threads for a while, and yours looked interesting)

Edited to add: I have always heard that once you have found YOUR crystals, that you should never let anyone else touch them (much like tarot cards).
edit on 15-4-2013 by MojaveBurning because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have been working with crystals and gemstones for some time and after a while you start to develop a relationship with each and every one of them, well at least I did. I love my gemstones, they are very personal to me. I suggest you learn about the ones that you purchased, individually. This website is really good for learning about different stones and the different spiritual/metaphysical properties they carry.

This one is for the tigers eye...

Tigers Eye

How do you use them?

Well, you can carry them with you as you go on with your day or you can meditate with them. Really depends on you and how you want to use them.
edit on 15-4-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I've been told they call to you. When I was looking at the crystal skulls there were around twenty of them to choose from both clear and purple. I went through and held each one for a time and the one I selected when I picked it up I felt I slight shock go through my hands. Very interesting.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
I have been working with crystals and gemstones for some time and after a while you start to develop a relationship with each and every one of them, well at least I did. I love my gemstones, they are very personal to me. I suggest you learn about the ones that you purchased, individually. This website is really good for learning about different stones and the different spiritual/metaphysical properties they carry.

Tigers Eye

How do you use them?

Well, you can carry them with you as you go on with your day or you can meditate with them. Really depends on you and how you want to use them.

Sadly I cannot meditate worth a crap lol...so I guess that one's out.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Hello w810i.

Crystals, gems, and stones each have certain qualities associated with them. Try an Internet search with keywords such as [crystal + meanings] , [metaphysic + crystal + properties] , [healing stone + qualities].

Certain stones, gems, and crystals are associated with certain chakras. Those stones are good to place or wear near its associated chakra.

Other stones, gems, and crystals can be held during meditation, gazed upon, worn as jewelry, or carried in your pocket. Research the properties and qualities associated with your stones and use them when those properties are desired.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

"Sadly I cannot meditate worth a crap lol...so I guess that one's out. "

In that case, just "play" with your stones. Hold them in your hand, rub them with your fingers, look at them, and keep them in a pocket. Best wishes on your new journey!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

Tigers Eye

How do you use them?

Sadly I cannot meditate worth a crap lol...so I guess that one's out.

That's fine.Just carry them with you in your pocket. You might not feel anything the first few days, but after the gem gets used to your energy you will get tremendous results. I know I do.

Do this. Cup both of your hands together with the stones inside. Turn the water on so it's neither cold or hot. Put your hands under the water with the stones and mentally clear the energies off of all the stones because a lot of people have touched it and it has been around. Clear this energy, it's a must. Imagine the running water as a golden healing/clearing energy that clears all your stones. After that dry them individually and activate them. Agian, it is all about intention. Say " I activate each and every one of you." By doing all these steps you connect your energy field with the frequency of the stones and it gets stronger and stronger by day as you continue carrying them with you.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Can it they be cleansed all together or one at a time?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I recently delved into Reiki and energy work. It was suggested that I look into obtaining crystals and stones that spoke to me. So today after work I took the time and went to a local metaphysical shop and went through and picked out the stones which I felt "spoke" to me. Now prior to the reiki work I had always scoffed at such as I called it nonsense reiki, crystals etc. After the first reiki appointment I quickly changed my mind. I walked out with these
crystals/stones
Pyrite
Obsidian snowflake
Malachite
Moonstone
Citrine
Jet
Tigers Eye
Aragonite
Purple Amethyst Skull

Now, my question is how does one use these?

Pyrite - Sign-Leo. Simply keep it on your person. It will help to keep away any negative vibrations. There are no specific rituals for it nor elixirs to make with it. It does not correspond to a chakra, and it vibrates to the number 3.

Snowflake Obsidian - Sign-Virgo. Make an elixir with Snowflake obsidian. It assists in the actualization of serenity. Use it to stimulate deep meditation. Vibrates to the Number 8. Does not correspond to a chakra.

Malachite - I have no information on Malachite.

Moonstone - Sign-Cancer, Libra, Scorpio. Wear it on your person as a pendant or ring, keep it in your pocket, or make an elixir. It can also release it's energy by rubbing against your skin. It's a very powerful stone and has many attributes. Good for focus, fertility, insomnia, treatment of circulatory disorders, elimination of toxins... It does a lot... Vibrates to the number 4. Does not correspond to a chakra.

Citrine - Sign-Gemini, Aries, Libra, Leo. Another versatile mineral. Place it on your piggybank, cash box, or wallet to increase wealth. Place it on your head for clear thought and problem solving. Corresponds to Naval, Solar plexus and crown chakras. Hold it near either chakra for effect. Vibrates to the number 6.

Jet - Sign-Capricorn. Wear it on your person as a pendant, ring, or bracelet. Good to dispense fear or protect against illness or violence. Corresponds to the base chakra. Vibrates to the number 8.

Tigers Eye - Sign-Capricorn. Another versatile mineral. Enhances psychic ability, opens the third eye, help you to become grounded/clear headed. Will balance right and left hemispheres of brain. Helps to calm enthusiasm/excitement. To use, hold near chakra which you want to stimulate. Corresponds to base chakra. Vibrates to the number 4.

Aragonite - Sign-Capricorn. Use in an elixir to combat vitamin A and D deficiency or combat the "chills." Can be used to warm the extremities (fingers, toes, hands) when cold. Simply place stone on affected area. Does not correspond to chakra. Vibrates to the number 9.

Amethyst - Sign-Pisces, Virgo, Aquarius, Capricorn. It's basically good for everything. Better health, ease of meditation, clear headedness... To much to list. Use as an elixir. Does not correspond to a chakra. Vibrates to the number 3.

I'm assuming you are a Capricorn.

This is just a brief rundown of what these stones can do. I simply do not have the time to list all the effects and what not. However, I hope my little list will help you on your way....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I was given a raw crystal (had not been tumbled or shined up) by a physic. It is in the shape of a wand only about 3 inches long. She told me to charge it in the sun for a few hours, then holding it in my hand run it over the body part that was hurting. Then when I was finished, to set in back in the sun for a few hours....that is how you clean it. I tried it, was very relaxing. It did lessen the pain somewhat. I also have rose quartz still in their natural state that I have sitting on the coffee table. I was told you could re-charge them all at the same time. Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

Thanks for the list. How exactly do you make elixars of these?
I'm actually an aries.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Just remember that the blue crystals are supposed to be used as suppositories.

It help them collect the energy if you put them in the freezer first and make sure they're really cold.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I just guessed at your sign since Capricorn kept coming up!

To make a simple elixir, pour filtered water in a clean jar. Place the stone in the water and leave the water outside during a full moon for 24 hours. After the 24 hours is up, you can use the elixir. In most cases, you just use the water topically, but sometimes you will want to drink it. It all depends on what operation you are doing. With the Tigers Eye especially, DO NOT DRINK IT!!! It contains asbestos! So it helps to know the composition of your minerals before you start using elixirs!! Things can get ugly, fast!!! There are other ways of making elixirs that are way more complicated. They involve programing the stone, kind of like what bunny was saying with leaving the quartz in the sun for 3 hours... But my method will unlock the energy in the stone safely. As you use them, you will figure out how else to use them. I would recommend finding a book specifically dedicated to the metaphysical properties of minerals. The book I have is called, "Love is in the Earth," Authored by, "Melody." Its kind of cheesy and gehy, but it has really good info in it....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by PurpleVortex

Can it they be cleansed all together or one at a time?

Both. Some need more cleansing than others depending on which ones you use the most...Some stones are not recommended to be charged under the sunlight because the colors may fade. This is true. For example, turquoise and amethysts cannot be charged under the sunlight because they will fade, this happened to one of my turquoises when I didn't know about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

You first chief.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Sounds very technical.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Be very careful. Some stones can attract bad luck and sickness!!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Sounds very technical.

LOL! Yeah, there's a bit to it..
With almost all gemstones and minerals you can get their energy from wearing them or holding on to them. You can also embed them into your skin to get their power, but I don't recommend it... People will think you're weird...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join