It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston , Newton, Aurora, ect... I AM MAD AS HELL AND I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Every time I hear or read about something like this happening, I get more and more angry. A lot of people talk about how helpless they feel about these incidents. How they wish they could do something. No police state, no anti-gun laws, no restrictions. None of that is going to work. There have been reports that the bombs in Boston were made out of crude materials. You can make a bomb out of household chemicals, and things commonly found in every hardware or houseware stores across the nation. No amount of restriction is going to work.

My idea is that we create a group, a group like anonymous, but for the real world. We share no names, we only share a commonality. There will be rules for this quasi-group... like we will always be on guard. If we see something suspicious, we report it. If we hear something suspicious, we report it. If action is necessary, we take it. The teachers of Newton saved lives by taking action. We watch each other's backs. We do SOMETHING.

I can't just stand around anymore. I am always looking, watching, waiting for something to happen. And when that time comes, I will be there to do what is necessary. Honestly, I hope another time like this never comes. I really do. But I also hope that if there is another time, there will be people like myself, that will be there at the right time, at the right place, to stop something like this from happening again.

So I am asking you to be vigilant if you aren't already. If you are, stay vigilant. Together, I believe we can make this world a better place.
edit on 4/15/2013 by Angelsoftheapocalypse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Isn't this what you pay the DHS for?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
What about all the camera's?
And anyway, what would happen if you did spot something? They'd shoot your arse and say you had wires sticking out of your pockets, cos those doing this stuff dont want you seeing anything.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

See, thats the problem though.. the DHS is for that, but they can only see the big picture. They cant see the trees in the forest. thats where we as a society must come in. We watch, we report, they investigate, they arrest. Together, we can all make this a safer place to live, just as long as we take the time to do so.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Camera's are just as bad or even worse. We can have all the cameras in the world, but that doesn't mean that we are going to catch them in the act. They could get easily lost in the thousands of video feeds. But if we are all watching all around us, They have a hell of a lot less chance to succeed in their plan, ect....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Listen, don't get all paranoid and scared because that's exactly how they want you to feel. Your emotions are part of the Reaction they need to come up with a Solution. All these stories are nothing but distractions, to get everyone so worked up to not see the bigger picture. You think I'm not mad, sick and tired of hearing about these horrible and sick stories? Don't fall for it. When you are mad, angry and in fear...you cannot think critically and clearly. Take a couple of deep breaths, wait for updates on the story and realize the bigger picture these POS are illustrating for the rest of the world.

Tinfoil hat off*

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what your saying. We should ban everything that could possibly hurt another human being? I'm with you on that, but humans are smart enough to harm, maim and kill others in a myriad of ways. What do you suggest? Should we just declare martial law and be done with it?

No freedoms whatsoever? Taking away guns, ammo, knives, cough syrup, alcohol, large soda's, etc., ad nauseam......won't do a dang thing. If someone is dead set on harming someone else, they will achieve it.

Were all sick it, but you can't legislate a moral society.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Thanks, I needed that.. I just don't like sitting around feeling helpless. I'm not calling everyone up in arms, but I am asking everyone if they do see something suspicious, ect, let the authorities know. at least then we have a chance at stopping it, instead of putting up unnecessary measures that don't work anyway.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
So you want to create a society of suspicion where everyone, even innocents, are suspects all the time? That sounds like a terrible idea.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

I never said anything about restricting our freedoms. Im just asking everyone to keep a watchful eye. It's the least anyone can do.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I'm just asking that everyone look out for each other. And if you see something that may be wrong, such as someone buying large amounts of chemicals and ball bearings, just let the authorities know so they can at least look into it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
And to all.. maybe I have put my foot in my mouth, and maybe I spoke in haste. But at least I got you talking, at least I got you thinking about what could possibly be done to prevent something like this...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelsoftheapocalypse

O.K. .. No Offense but I am thinking you might be a little dangerous.

Your kind really scares me. You don't carry weapons do you?

Trying to form a "LYNCH MOB" is Not the answer.

Have you ever heard the phrase " A watched pot never boils"? Well, setting around Waiting for something to happen might actually cause it to never happen. Plus you could be danger not only to other but yourself also. Sometimes someone who sets around waiting for something to happen has an uncanny knack of Making something happen. And usually will cause someone to go off half-cocked.

Besides If you want to get involved you can join or organize your local neighbor watch program.

I am sure it makes you mad. It makes EVERYONE mad. I cannot even imagine the pain that the victims families have gone through. But trying to put together a posse to hunt down anyone who might look suspicious is counter productive as hell in addition to a waste of resources.

Your intentions are somewhat noble, however, you delivery is lacking at best.

On a personal note, .. . Since 911 people in general have given allot more attention to detail than they ever have in their existence. They make themselves aware. They are Vigilant and report what they see when needed.

In today’s case, that was just a one in a million. Like all of the other devastating attacks on OUR Country. The perpetrator / S were pretty damn tricky and posses a pretty damn good SkillSet as well.

In a few occasions we may get lucky and catch something like this Before it happens. These are Few and Far Between. To think that we could put together something that would Stop it All is being unrealistic.

It is very unfortunate and completely unparalleled to a Greek Tragedy but we can't let paranoia keep us from living our lives. Don't become a slave to Paranoia, it will shorten your life.

Keep your head up and Watch Your Front.
edit on 15-4-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelsoftheapocalypse

Thanks, I needed that.. I just don't like sitting around feeling helpless. I'm not calling everyone up in arms, but I am asking everyone if they do see something suspicious, ect, let the authorities know. at least then we have a chance at stopping it, instead of putting up unnecessary measures that don't work anyway.

All I'm really saying is all stories generate emotions. Love stories generate happy feelings, tragedies generate sadness and fear and etc. Same with movies. Different genres of films generate different emotions, and some just can't get enough of feeling fear in horror movies. You get my drift. Just like Calgarian mentioned in his thread, after every terrible incident ask yourself how it made you feel because that's what they are going after....your emotions.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

But when we lose our emotions, isn't that the real tragedy? The day we don't become angry, sad, or anything about events like this anymore?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

True. If we all are always on our toes, then someone will eventually go over the edge. I see the flaws in my logic, and yes, I did say this out of emotion. I just couldn't sit around and say nothing anymore...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

But when we lose our emotions, isn't that the real tragedy? The day we don't become angry, sad, or anything about events like this anymore?

I'm not suggesting to not feel emotions, I'm suggesting for these emotions not to fog our clear thinking.

edit: When strong emotions are present, we instinctively want to react/act usually very quickly to channel our emotions outwards; however it may be. Sometimes even ranting on ATS is an outlet, you admit yourself.

edit on 15-4-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I wish there was a like button on ATS... Cause that all I can say, is I like this. Haha

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I wish there was a like button on ATS... Cause that all I can say, is I like this. Haha

Thank you for the star
I appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Thank you minkmouse and voidhawk. When do we get to see the video? If there was an opportunity to conduct HD video surveillance BEFORE/DURING/AFTER this incident using existing Law Enforcement cameras in the area, then we already know we are not being told about information the feral Government has already seen. Imagery that the President has probably already seen. That's what the justification is for 24/7/365 surveillance of city streets and face recognition processing is supposed to be all about. Again, officials were talking about 'portable' or 'mobile' devices being used, while triage was still going on at street level. How do you know something was 'mobile' or 'portable' if you hadn't 'observed' it moving, or 'observed' it being moved? But If there was NO VIDEO surveillance (Huh?), you can only 'propose' it was a 'device', 'bomb', 'IED', whatever. Why classify them as being 'portable' or 'mobile'?
for minkmouse
voidhawk

One more thing - First words out of the Presidents mouth - 'I (Always a big 'I' when a sitting President says it) have been briefed by MY DHS Team' Is the Presidents 'DHS Team' different than other 'DHS Teams' out there?
I don't think so, but he seemed pretty confident that what he'd been briefed is actually something that was supported by evidence or intel of some kind. Just hope they are forthcoming.
edit on 15/4/2013 by CarbonBase because: spelling content. EEFI !

top topics

join