It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bomb kills 30 at Afghan wedding

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It seems as though this article was posted with no date and a very similar (almost word for word) article was posted in 2002. Please take that into account as you discuss this topic.

US bomb kills 30 at Afghan wedding

www.dailymail.co.uk

"There are no Taliban or al Qaeda or Arabs here. These people were all civilians, women and children."
Defence Ministry offical Dr Gulbuddin told Reuters: "More than 30 people were killed. It was a wedding ceremony and some of the participants were firing in the sky as part of the celebration. Americans have confessed that they made a mistake."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-4-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
While the Boston bombing almost entirely takes up the news cycles, news of an erroneous American air bombing of an Afghan wedding with no terrorists present, killing 30 will go unnoticed.

I felt it was equally important to post this, innocent people are innocent people whether they are in Boston or Afghanistan. We don't know who the culprits are for the Boston bombing but we do know who the culprits are for the Afghan bombing.

So the question is, if those that caused the unfortunate bombings in Boston are called terrorists, then what does that make us in Afghanistan today?

edit on 15-4-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

it always goes unnoticed when america does something. a couple of explosions in boston? big deal, what about all the other countries they're currently bombing the freedom into?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Its not going to stop :-(

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oh the hypocrisy of American's

i'm sure everyone that died is in your thoughts correct?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The sickness keeps coming...

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It is possible that the Boston Bombing was used to cover up the Afghan wedding incident, but then again it's not like people aren't used to this sort of thing happening on behalf of the western military, no one really cares anymore.

Seems like they wasted some good black budget money on a false flag when it wasn't required, it's pretty obvious some human lives are more precious then others...

edit on 4/15/2013 by The_Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
In this world I have learned there is no such thing as good people or bad people but people with different ideas and goals and most of the time it is innocent civilians who take the consequences for these people with their petty differences. Call them the Government, call them terrorist or whatever you want, they all want the same thing ultimate power and the fear of masses. The only thing to do is stand up and not accept what they do.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
Oh the hypocrisy of American's

i'm sure everyone that died is in your thoughts correct?

They will certainly be in mine. Any innocent loss of human life is nothing to celebrate regardless of nationality, race, gender, religion, etc. I think it is a mass injustice that these events are "covered up" by our media to the extent that most folks have no clue this even happens, let alone that it happens on a terrfiyingly regular basis.

An innocent soul extinguished is one less light in the world.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's called an error in judgement and hopefully the person that gave the go ahead for this strike will be fired or demoted from their position.

Stuff like that tends to happen in a war torn country like Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

What a horrible thing. As America mourns and is mesmerized by the Boston event, there is this thing happening. I thought maybe this was old news, the past bombing of a wedding made major news several years ago. But this just occurred, it's new news, and I haven't heard word one on CNN or the other major media about this murderous attack which is being called a "mistake". From the Dailymail source article:

The bombing happened today in a village in the rugged, mountainous region 175 km (105 miles) northeast of the southern city of Kandahar, residents said.
They told the local Pashtu service of the BBC at least 120 people had been either killed or wounded.
A Defence Ministry official said celebrants were firing into the air, as is traditional in Pashtun weddings.
"There was no-one to help last night," resident Abdul Saboor told the BBC. "We managed to transfer some of the wounded to Kandahar in the morning. Some of the foreigners' choppers also came to help.
"There are no Taliban or al Qaeda or Arabs here. These people were all civilians, women and children."
Defence Ministry offical Dr Gulbuddin told Reuters: "More than 30 people were killed. It was a wedding ceremony and some of the participants were firing in the sky as part of the celebration. Americans have confessed that they made a mistake."

Ah, it was a mistake. OK then, carry on.

edit on 15-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

So the question is, if those that caused the unfortunate bombings in Boston are called terrorists, then what does that make us in Afghanistan today?

Terrorists.
Sad thing about those people in the Boston threads right now, that are calling for retaliation, is that the incident in Boston, could be someone else's retaliation.
Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan.....others?

Terror breeds more terror.

link   

Originally posted by muse7
It's called an error in judgement and hopefully the person that gave the go ahead for this strike will be fired or demoted from their position.

Fired or demoted??? Why not tried and sentenced???

link   
Can someone please explain why America is in Afghanistan again?

Oh thats right, it was to kill One person......

Didnt they kill him already?.....Then why are they still killing people?

And Americans wonder why most of the World hates them..

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The worrying thing is the US and most of NATO probably spent millions on developing the weapon that killed these people, not to mention the cost of installing the weapon on a drone or aircraft and the price tag of the weapon itself. Well into the millions.

Glad to see my hard earned tax is being used to kill innocent humans rejoicing in a sacred celebration of love...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Pretty sure this is from 2002...

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

What if the roles were reversed and it was an American wedding that was bombed by a militant nation claiming the right to defend their land in the name of 'fighting terrorism' but at the same time called the bombing a 'mistake'?

Should whoever called that strike merely be demoted? No, I think Americans would only accept blood for blood.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

What if the roles were reversed and it was an American wedding that was bombed by a militant nation claiming the right to defend their land in the name of 'fighting terrorism' but at the same time called the bombing a 'mistake'?

Should whoever called that strike merely be demoted? No, I think Americans would only accept blood for blood.

Well, I'm sure that who ever was responsible for that tragic mistake was punished accordingly.

You should stop digging up stories that are more than a decade old though.
edit on 4/15/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cleverhans
Pretty sure this is from 2002...

www.guardian.co.uk...

The date on the OP's source is April 16, 2013...So unless it's photoshopped, it's new. I thought it was the earlier attack as well, until I looked at the source. What a coincidence, a horrible counter-point to the Boston tragedy.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Yeah but it appears to be the same story.

Same quotes at least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join