It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bomb kills 30 at Afghan wedding

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Originally posted by cleverhans
Pretty sure this is from 2002...

www.guardian.co.uk...

The date on the OP's source is April 16, 2013...So unless it's photoshopped, it's new. I thought it was the earlier attack as well, until I looked at the source. What a coincidence, a horrible counter-point to the Boston tragedy.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

That date is the current date for everyone, almost every news site has it

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yes, I believe you are correct, Looks like someone posted a 2002 incident article.....

Still, the horror and stupidity is no less now, than 11 years ago.

And of course, there have been many other reported "Mistakes" since that time....sadly.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by Aleister

Yeah but it appears to be the same story.

Same quotes at least.

You are right, exact same quotes. That is a very good thing, that this isn't new. How did the Daily Mail put this up today then? Thanks for finding that, very very good news.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The United States launched air strikes against Afghanistan last year against the al Qaeda network of Osama bin Laden, blamed for the September 11 attacks on Washington and New York, and the group's Taliban protectors.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yes, this was the paragraph that convinced me...."The US launched Air strikes against Afghanistan last year"....

No, actually 11 years ago.....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Did a search on their site for the story. It was in 2002. I clicked a couple other story links from the search and all the stories come up with today's current date at the top of the page.

This story is old.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
When will humanity learn that people's lives are not a game...?

I am disgusted with the human race...

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
A bomb at a marathon is considered a murderous act of terrorism, yet, when a US jet drops a bomb on a wedding killing 30 people its called an accident.

America, you reap what you sew!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by eLPresidente

So the question is, if those that caused the unfortunate bombings in Boston are called terrorists, then what does that make us in Afghanistan today?

Terrorists.
Sad thing about those people in the Boston threads right now, that are calling for retaliation, is that the incident in Boston, could be someone else's retaliation.
Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan.....others?

Terror breeds more terror.

Agreed. Retaliation by terror is still terror. If a government was responsible for killing my whole family and I responded likewise, why am I singled out as a terrorist? The hypocrisy is amazing and sad. Sad because people don't, or aren't able to, see both sides. It's time to become more intelligent people!
ps- thoughts and prayers to everyone that has lost family or friends to terrorist activities.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Apparantly posting this was an honest mistake of some kind by the OP. Can you tell us, OP, how the posting occurred, and how you found the story, so we all can be on guard about posting stories? Thanks. The DailyMail really should have a way to tell people it's "old news" and not toss up the current date on all stories no matter how old.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That incident which is over 10 years old, was in a country we were involved in a war in. Not saying the war was right, nor the mistake, but it was what it was. But why bring it up now? Does that tragedy somehow nullify the one in Boston today? What are you suggesting.. that the innocent people in Boston got what they deserved?

I don't get this post at all. There was most certainly a terrorist attack in Boston today, and a wartime incident 11 years ago in another country doesn't somehow magically nullify what it is.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm just removing this... sorry
edit on 15-4-2013 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

So the question is, if those that caused the unfortunate bombings in Boston are called terrorists, then what does that make us in Afghanistan today?

Terrorists.
Sad thing about those people in the Boston threads right now, that are calling for retaliation, is that the incident in Boston, could be someone else's retaliation.
Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan.....others?

Terror breeds more terror.

Brilliant point, if retaliation against 'Terror attacks' in America is considered, what about other countries retaliation against the US terror attacks?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

edit on 15-4-2013 by spoogemonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabitWhat are you suggesting.. that the innocent people in Boston got what they deserved?

What!? How did you come to that conclusion from the article or the OP?

What kind of sick person would even have the thought that you just had right now? Please tell us what mental deficiencies you suffer from to come to even have to ask a question like that.

GOD, the stupidity these days.

It also doesn't matter that this incident was found to be from 2002, it doesn't justify the straight up HYPOCRISY that Americans use to justify the war on terror, while attempting to claim the moral high ground.
edit on 15-4-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Another site is reporting it as today now, with the same quotes and information....

dailypaul

Considering we have only been using precision missiles for years now in Afghanistan, this is some really bad reporting digging this story up and putting it it as today...
edit on 15-4-2013 by CalibratedZeus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus
Another site is reporting it as today now, with the same quotes and information....

dailypaul

Considering we have only been using precision missiles for years now in Afghanistan, this is some really bad reporting digging this story up and putting it it as today...

Oh please stop with the precision missiles as if we only hit our intended targets, that is so so so so so far from the truth unless you're a 'Murikan'.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
When will humanity learn that people's lives are not a game...?

I am disgusted with the human race...

-SAP-

That is the problem, They Will not and you wonder why people everywhere HATE America and Americans in general!

No reason at all like blowing up innocent civilians at a wedding perhaps?

and everyone thinks that everything special and great come from the U.S. that's just ignorance / arrogance.
edit on 15/4/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Yes the story is old, from 2002 as you mentioned. One interesting question is why is it showing up as new today?

I may have very well stumbled on something else as well

Notice the article in the OP says...

"There was no-one to help last night," resident Abdul Saboor told the BBC. "We managed to transfer some of the wounded to Kandahar in the morning. Some of the foreigners' choppers also came to help.

Abdul Saboor back in 2002 talking about the incident.

Now flash forward 10 years..

BBC Feb 2012 - Afghan police officer sought over Kabul Nato killings

Afghanistan's interior ministry has said one of its own employees is suspected of the killing of two senior US Nato officers inside the ministry.

Officials earlier named police intelligence officer Abdul Saboor from Parwan province as the main suspect behind Saturday's attack

A guy named Abdul Saboor witnessed the bombing and then 10 years later a guy named Abdul Saboor kills 2 Nato officers. What a coincidence eh? Wonder how many Abdul Saboor's there are in Afghanistan?
edit on 15-4-2013 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2013 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

There is a huge difference between what we use today, and when we first went in there with B-52s and just carpet bombed for all intensive purposes. It was a completely different war in 2002, and then we didn't care how many we took out.

Tell me how carpet bombing and guided missiles are both as indiscriminate as the other....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus

There is a huge difference between what we use today, and when we first went in there with B-52s and just carpet bombed for all intensive purposes. It was a completely different war in 2002, and then we didn't care how many we took out.

Tell me how carpet bombing and guided missiles are both as indiscriminate as the other....

Are you categorizing the bombing in the OP a carpet bombing? What evidence has led you to believe that? The fact that it was admitted to be a mistake? Tell me, would the US government admit to an erroneous carpet bombing in Afghanistan in retaliation for 9/11?

No.

Til' this day, your supposed 'precision missile strikes' still provides generous amounts of collateral damage aka murder of innocent people. You still want to call them carpet bombings? Do you really?

There are no more ways for you to be creative to save your argument, it can't be done. Sorry.

edit on 15-4-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join