It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

I hope so, though unless something happens that inspires international unity, it could take thousands of years!.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You might not care but other members might...

-SAP-

No, my point was there is a mountain of evidence already against this kid and the authorities's case against the kid will not hinge upon statements he may make at the hospital.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by topdog81

Imagine if there were 10 /20 / 50 of these terrorists in every major city, the whole nation would be on shut down and rapid chaos ensued from a minimal amount of terrorists. A major rethink of security is required as well as a major international meeting of intelligence from EVERY possible target nation.

Correct, and lawmakers need to immediately put the brakes on comprehensive immigration reform and secure the border with mexico and Canada as best as they can. And round up any people who are here on violated visas and kick them out.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
TheAbsoluteTruth:

Originally posted by Elysiumfire - Do you think the problem insurmountable?
I hope so...

I believe you mean you hope not?

...though unless something happens that inspires international unity, it could take thousands of years!

Perhaps, the world's politicians and elder statesmen perceive the issue as truly being insurmountable? That any attempt to reconcile the issues and to reduce violent actions against one another is ultimately doomed to failure?
I should think thousands of years is not enough time to encourage a natural progression to peace, it will take a direct and purposeful intervention in the psyche to break the cycle of violence, which will always continue, to bring about change.

We know what we have to do, we just lack the will and desire to do it; and yet, even that is not fully true, because we have the desire for peace, just the will to do what is necessary to gain it.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
TheAbsoluteTruth:

Originally posted by Elysiumfire - Do you think the problem insurmountable?
I hope so...

I believe you mean you hope not?

...though unless something happens that inspires international unity, it could take thousands of years!

Perhaps, the world's politicians and elder statesmen perceive the issue as truly being insurmountable? That any attempt to reconcile the issues and to reduce violent actions against one another is ultimately doomed to failure?
I should think thousands of years is not enough time to encourage a natural progression to peace, it will take a direct and purposeful intervention in the psyche to break the cycle of violence, which will always continue, to bring about change.

We know what we have to do, we just lack the will and desire to do it; and yet, even that is not fully true, because we have the desire for peace, just the will to do what is necessary to gain it.

Ha, I do mean not insurmountable. I hope it can all be fixed, as in sorted and peace for all.

Exactly, it would take something major to inspire the will for action with regards to altering the human psyche towards international peacefulness and security for all.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

As recent events in Boston and the UK have shown, it is often those legally residing in nations, whether born there or from immigration that have been the perpetrators of terrorism.

Just like the international gangs that operate in many nations with regards to other criminal activities, it is often those involved in certain international criminal syndicates or having international terrorist connections that have the means, self or group funded, that enables their immigration in the first place.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
when this event was unfolding, and we were all looking at the suspicious individuals who fit the description, i think it is rather odd that they told us not to look at anyone but the two men who ended up being called suspect 1 and 2...it may just be my observation, but it was almost as if the public was being fed information to draw a predetermined conclusion..."these are not the droids your looking for" comes to mind...now, they do appear to be highly involved in the bombing, but lets take a look at some oddities that are in connection to the event...the facebook page of dzakhar tsarnaev is deactivated now, but entries were on it about finding nemo and other strange references...to me it does not appear that he would be logging in taunting us with these references, but someone was taunting him and his brother...and finding nemo was a part of this sick game...

why do i say that? well if anyone has studied the subject of MK ultra style mind control, the subjects of this kind of psychological manipulation are often not aware (because of compartmentalization) that they have been programmed to perform certain tasks, or relay messages, or deliver drugs, and only after deprogramming, or some sort of trigger word would they even remember what they had done...by all appearances they look normal to people, and seem to lead what appear to be normal lives...until they act out their programming...

could it be possible that these two were subjected to the same kind of programming? well...if we have studied the kinds of things that go on in mind control sessions, often to blur reality within the mind, references are made to childhood movies, to create a surreal place, and often key words are gleaned from things like disney movies, as trigger words, or words the subject can find meaning in through the use of these words from their handler...and finding nemo reference seems to fit this pattern, because it is odd to me that a young man would even post something like this if he were on the run...it doesnt add up...

could this trigger word have been a key to open up the memory of what they had done? could it have been the thing that caused them to become vulnerable or panic once they realized they were being hunted? could they have realized in horror that they had participated in this tragedy and were not even really aware of it until it was too late? could you imagine the horror you would feel if you suddenly remembered something horrible you had done that you could not previously remember and time you cannot account for? this seems over the top, but it is a possibility...could the police be just as much pawns in this deadly game and been lead to believe these guys acted alone, so the outcome would have been predetermined? did their handlers count on the suspects being eliminated by the police? these are all valid questions...especially when the government uses them as a pretext to strip privacy and rights away from its citizens...

i also find it distasteful that family guy has an obvious reference to this bombing in the cartoon on the same week...

does anyone else find it odd that CISPA was passed because of this horrible event? that was the excuse that congress gave for pushing it through...

here is another angle...im sure some will find it interesting too...

the two were ethnic chechens, and anyone who has studies the conflict in chechnya will notice some things about its history...it was a long bloody conflict, and the ethnic chechen resistance was at one time a legitimate movement, whose cause was just, but by careful exploitation and orchestration, the president of russia, vladimir putin, not only staged several bombings blaming it on the resistance, but also had the resistance infiltrated, killing off the more reasonable members and leadership, and even i believe the chechen president who was in exile...and he (putin) also had people friendly to russia assassinate anyone sympathetic to the resistance who were in government positions...eventually only a few members of the resistance were left to go underground, where they radicalized ( that is known terrorists began to train them and mold their ideology) and started actually killing innocents instead of just being framed for bombings or blamed for government sponsored terror...those who survived to go underground had lost the support of the public when they crossed the line and attacked the innocent...their cause was no longer just...(cont)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

as a side note the same thing was tried in bosnia, where known members of the PLO and even a former US airman (a memeber of the air force) were present in bosnia to try and recruit people to make it a radically muslim movement agains serbia, and to cause problems for the US soldiers sent in to be peacekeepers...this is not just wishful thinking, i saw first hand how they tried to cause problems...now the known palestinians who were radicalized left within a day or two of US troops moving in to bosnia, but the former airman actually stayed and began to replant mines that had been deactivated, stole a humvee, and a rifle, and the complete US uniform including a gas mask, and tried to infiltrate the basecamp i was on...shooting up the gate guards, and actually hitting one in the knee...later he gave up after being hunted for some time and just disappeared into who knows where, but he was never caught...

the thing is the bosnians realized the attempt to radicalize their movement to fight oppression, and did not fall for it as the chechnyans did...instead they included all ethnicities and welcomed them into the fight to free bosnia...america did not step in to help in any serious fashion until they had begun to gain so much ground that it was impossible to ignore their determination to be free, and then, and only then did the US offer support for bosnia...when they could no longer ignore it, but all the while they were complicit in trying to radicalize the movement, even allowing things like sarajevo to occur, so that people would hopefully become radical...so there are agents provocateur who will attempt to take over or prod a movement into radicalization, and chechnya was such a case...

as far as the connection to these two? whats the significance? its just a hunch, but i am almost certain that putin will offer the US help in the way of sending speznaz advisors here to train our police and military against such threats as the boston bombing...and that is something i do not feel comfortable with...just do a study on speznaz methods and ruthlessness, and it will become clear...they were also instrumental in crushing the chechen resistance, and anyone was free game, anyone in the way was considered a target...that is who would be training our police and military should putin make the offer...just a thought...

edit on 20-4-2013 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

As recent events in Boston and the UK have shown, it is often those legally residing in nations, whether born there or from immigration that have been the perpetrators of terrorism.

Just like the international gangs that operate in many nations with regards to other criminal activities, it is often those involved in certain international criminal syndicates or having international terrorist connections that have the means, self or group funded, that enables their immigration in the first place.

Neither one of these guys were born here. And none of what you said addresses our porous border

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
NOTurTYPICAL:

Neither one of these guys were born here.

That is quite true, but I bet they had the proper paperwork in place to be in America, which leads to...

...round up any people who are here on violated visas and kick them out.

Suppose that did come to pass, would it have stopped the 2 brothers from committing their acts in Boston?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
USA Today Photo.

www.usatoday.com...

They say this picture is of the bombers 10-20 minutes before the blast in the photo tag. Problem is the runner with the tag number 18293 in the picture finished the race 9 seconds before the blast.

www.baa.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
USA Today Photo.

www.usatoday.com...

They say this picture is of the bombers 10-20 minutes before the blast in the photo tag. Problem is the runner with the tag number 18293 in the picture finished the race 9 seconds before the blast.

www.baa.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
WHERE is the video of these 2 dropping the bombs off at the scene?...

They said they had it.

Or will this be sort of like Pentagon Plane crash videos?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

They said they had it.

There's still the chance that the video has not been released because of the eventual trial.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The first bomb went off at 04:09:43.

She finished the race in 4:00:26.

That's a difference of 9 minutes, not 9 seconds.

So the approximate time of 10-15 minutes sounds about right.

Or am I missing something here?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Funny how trustworthy Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his family look

edit on 22-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by imheartbreak

I was mistaken.
I was going by minutes and seconds and not hours and minutes sorry.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

They said they had it.

Yes, lets risk the collapse of a trial because people don't trust the evidence they have seen and want it to be the government.

If there is trial, they will need that evidence to support their case. If they release that to the general public to satisfy a minority who don't believe the narrative (and we all know that if they DID release that footage those same disbelievers would then be claiming it was faked) they would have even less evidence to win a case and have the criminal convicted.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

They said they had it.

Yes, lets risk the collapse of a trial because people don't trust the evidence they have seen and want it to be the government.

If there is trial, they will need that evidence to support their case. If they release that to the general public to satisfy a minority who don't believe the narrative (and we all know that if they DID release that footage those same disbelievers would then be claiming it was faked) they would have even less evidence to win a case and have the criminal convicted.

Didn't even think of this lol
Thanks guys.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I just realized where the photos from Cryptome came from of the event.

CONSULATE GENERAL OF PORTUGAL
899 Boylston Street - 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02115
Tel: (617) 536-8740
Fax: (617) 536-2503

goo.gl...

You can tell by the building they are in.

Could this have been a case of Portugal targeting the US with a terror attack and they made sure they had a birds eye view? And it would also make a great get away to run to the building right between the two attacks?

I made this post a while ago. It seems now it could have even more meaning to this case.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Tamerlan said his girlfriend-wife was half Portuguese, half Italian. She converted to Islam: “She’s beautiful, man!”

Look at the girl to the right with the blue sweat # that says TUFTS.
And younger bomber is to the left rounding the corner.

Now look at who is clapping the same girl.

She stood next to the boy who was killed.

top topics

<< 167  168  169    171  172 >>

join