It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea ready to develop relations, ensure stability ‘as a responsible nuke state’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

North Korea is ready to develop peaceful relations with world nations – but only as a nuke state, the DPRK’s nominal head of state Kim Yong-nam said on Sunday. This comes as the US, Japan, and China call for the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.

rt.com...

Appears they are ready to talk; however, they want to remain a nuclear state. Not sure how that will go over with the UN, and US whose Kerry stated the US will never accept a Nuclear North Korea. Even though they've been a Nuclear state since 2004.. I know they destroyed their plant back in 2006 but they restarted it almost immediately after food aid came in.

So is this just them stalling?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You interpreted it wrong. They arent ready for talks. They are basically saying "Sure we will cooperate, on our terms, not yours.".

Because they know there wont be talks unless they wave the white flag.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
These guys need to make up their minds.

Are they going to initiate nuclear war or do they want peace? Are they going to wipe Japan, S.K., New Zealand and the US off the face of the Earth. or do they just want everyone to get along?

I think the first step is to lay off of whatever it is they're smoking. Seriously, North Korea is coming across kind of Bi-polar right now.

Hopefully the situation resolves itself quietly, and without rounds being fired.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

They are trying to solidify a stronger position on the world stage.

That or they are trying to busy up the US military into spending more.

Who knows. However whatever they are up to, its generating a reaction. They have the worlds attention. Maybe thats all they wanted?

On the plus side, NK tourism is up.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Forget about the nukes, I say, to North Korea.

All you got to do is play along with "Our" central banking system and everything will be "fine".

You do want everything to be "fine" right North Korea ?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
You interpreted it wrong. They arent ready for talks. They are basically saying "Sure we will cooperate, on our terms, not yours.".

Because they know there wont be talks unless they wave the white flag.

I agree.

It basically says that the UN must recognize NK as having a right to be nuclear.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

However, North Korea’s Kim Yong-nam pointed out that not every nation is worthy their friendship, saying the country’s “invincible defense forces” armed with strengthening “nuclear deterrence forces” will “unfold a total fight against the USA, acting in accordance with a wartime scenario.”

Doesn't sound like they want to talk to me...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
GREAT ARTCLE:

1. What Kim Jong Un hopes:

North Korean threats continue to escalate. Pyongyang renews earlier threats to transfer its "nuclear deterrent capability" to third parties in the Middle East and declares South Korean waters west of the peninsula an open fire zone. The South Korean stock market plummets. Chinese leaders begin to panic about instability on their border. Washington is desperate to set aside the North Korea problem while dealing with a parallel crisis in Iran. The North proposes negotiations on a peace treaty formally ending the Korean War, but only if international sanctions imposed on the regime after their previous nuclear and missile tests are suspended. Michael J. Green

Washington, Seoul and Tokyo reluctantly agree to the North's terms to avoid further escalation. Meanwhile, the North continues miniaturizing uranium-based nuclear weapons in underground facilities. One year later, they test a more sophisticated warhead design and improved missiles payload. The North then demands the end of remaining international sanctions, recognition as a legitimate nuclear weapons state and a summit meeting in Pyongyang between Kim and President Barack Obama.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I swear, if Lindsay Lohan was transmuted by an alchemist into a nation she'd come out as North Korea. Both are utterly dysfunctional, the result of poor parenting, behave badly, and believe outrageous behavior is the key to getting what they want. They've become a clog in the realm of news...just sick of both of 'em.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

However, North Korea’s Kim Yong-nam pointed out that not every nation is worthy their friendship, saying the country’s “invincible defense forces” armed with strengthening “nuclear deterrence forces” will “unfold a total fight against the USA, acting in accordance with a wartime scenario.”

Doesn't sound like they want to talk to me...

That's right

edit on 14-4-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

lol big difference.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

North Korea ready to develop relations, ensure stability ‘as a responsible nuke state’

Of course they don't want to surrender their nukes; look at what it has earned them to date! They pretty much brought their most hated enemies to their knees and regardless of what they say or threaten to do, those adversaries... well, do nothing.

They understand that the moment they become a non-nuclear nation, their biggest bargaining chip is lost and all the weight they can toss will be gone.

The current US administration clenched it's tail pipe, curled up in a fetal position and sucked its thumb in the face of the world the moment that N. Korea didn't submit to the B-52s, the B-2s and the F-22s.

Surrender their nukes? They've got to be kidding, lol!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

Thats the truth in this modern time we can be utterly fed up with a dysfunctional talentless celebrity and a country. Sad times... Truthfully. Both should be eradicated.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

North Korea is ready to develop peaceful relations with world nations – but only as a nuke state, the DPRK’s nominal head of state Kim Yong-nam said on Sunday. This comes as the US, Japan, and China call for the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.

rt.com...

Appears they are ready to talk; however, they want to remain a nuclear state. Not sure how that will go over with the UN, and US whose Kerry stated the US will never accept a Nuclear North Korea. Even though they've been a Nuclear state since 2004.. I know they destroyed their plant back in 2006 but they restarted it almost immediately after food aid came in.

So is this just them stalling?

Stalling? Perhaps. It also could also be an indicator of just how bad the economic situation is there right now (even by NK standards) that they are willing to go through the motions of advocating diplomacy. They're desperate but aren't willing to ask for help for risk of losing face. If Kim were offered a boatload of cash in "aide" right now, even from the most hated enemy the US, I would bet he'd take it and this would all go away.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Screw North Korea, peaceful talks after threatening to wipe out the United State....again let me reiterate, screw North Korea!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

How do we know ANY of these sources regarding North Korea are even accurate?

Do we assume it is, because they come from RT instead of FOX news? Because all MSM = Bull#.

So where do we draw the line, how can we confirm *anything* supposedly reported from North Korea to be true at all?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Do we assume it is, because they come from RT instead of FOX news? Because all MSM = Bull#.

So where do we draw the line, how can we confirm *anything* supposedly reported from North Korea to be true at all?

You're heading down a deconstructionist's path? No, one can't "confirm" anything, unless you travel to NK your self and get unprecedented access to the government. Not likely to happen. And even then, that would be your interpretation. Best thing a person can do is vary their sources, have meaningful discussions, and take any story with a grain of salt. You're right, journalism has become untrustworthy, but I see nothing else we can do.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
GREAT ARTCLE:

1. What Kim Jong Un hopes:

North Korean threats continue to escalate. Pyongyang renews earlier threats to transfer its "nuclear deterrent capability" to third parties in the Middle East and declares South Korean waters west of the peninsula an open fire zone. The South Korean stock market plummets. Chinese leaders begin to panic about instability on their border. Washington is desperate to set aside the North Korea problem while dealing with a parallel crisis in Iran. The North proposes negotiations on a peace treaty formally ending the Korean War, but only if international sanctions imposed on the regime after their previous nuclear and missile tests are suspended. Michael J. Green

Washington, Seoul and Tokyo reluctantly agree to the North's terms to avoid further escalation. Meanwhile, the North continues miniaturizing uranium-based nuclear weapons in underground facilities. One year later, they test a more sophisticated warhead design and improved missiles payload. The North then demands the end of remaining international sanctions, recognition as a legitimate nuclear weapons state and a summit meeting in Pyongyang between Kim and President Barack Obama.

www.cnn.com...

This is imo exactly what Kim is playing for.

Who ever Michael j. Green is, he has impressed me with this evaluation of the situation.

However, I think Kim has miscalculated.

If he were to fire a nuke successfully or not, it would be game over, not even china could stop nk being totally wiped out by the global forces that would rain down total destruction on them.

So those nukes are worth zero when it comes to actually using them.

However....

If the world allows north korea to continue to develop nukes, and effectively sell or even give them to anti global entities that could be a very big problem.

So we cannot and will not allow a nuclear agresive nk.

The only question is how does kim want to give up, with friends and all the worlds help or in flames with his county in ruins?

Korg.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherStacks

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

You're heading down a deconstructionist's path? No, one can't "confirm" anything, unless you travel to NK your self and get unprecedented access to the government. Not likely to happen. And even then, that would be your interpretation. Best thing a person can do is vary their sources, have meaningful discussions, and take any story with a grain of salt. You're right, journalism has become untrustworthy, but I see nothing else we can do.

A deconstructionists path? Call it whatever you want comrade.

Question everything.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
If Superman where here, he'd grab all them Nukes and toss them into the sun...

But he isn't real.

So, we will need to rely on diplomacy.

North Korea want to have the bomb so that they have at least one ace in the hand when they all sit around the political poker table.

But, there is always someone willing to bluff and go all in.

Except this could determine the fate of a lot of people.

eee.
edit on 14/4/13 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire because: My mighty spelling fails me again...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join