It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Ruins And Ancient Pyramid Found In Antarctica?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone here can shed any light on this intriguing story. A TV crew that disappeared in 2002 and a navy seal operation. Did the AtlantisTV production crew exist or is this fabrication. What they apparently found was interesting.

"The U.S. government said it will seek to block the airing of a video found by Navy rescuers in Antarctica that purportedly reveals that a massive archaeological dig is underway two miles (3,200 meters) beneath the ice."

alien-ufo-community.ning.com...

Well the US government is meant to still be in possession of the video found and the company want it back so they can air it. Personally I have always thought that Atlantis is in Antarctica.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I just cant see there being an "archaeological dig" 2 miles under the ice, ice is not stable by any means and there would be no way to stop that much ice above from shifting around like it does naturally. Obviously it would be cool if it were all true. But Atlantis has been found so many times now that you'd think it would be found by now..

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I love these kinds of "stories". Buried in Antarctica, under miles of ice. Nobody is ever going to go there and dig that deep and confirm one way or the other.

Pretty safe mystery...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I seem to recall this topic surfacing a few times on here - last time around common consensus seemed to be that it was viral for some kind of film or something as I recall. I'm a bit too lazy to search for the thread though - the current search engine is a bit useless

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

Thanks for that..
Yes it would make a good viral story.. Maybe it is for a film peeps are making or something..

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

A team of researchers are claiming that they have discovered three ancient pyramids on the ice covered continent of Antarctica. Exact details are sketchy, but the team have released three intriguing pictures of their discovery. according to Stephen Hannard ADGUK

UFO hoaxer Stephen Hannard is a less than creditable source and it seems that Jonathan Gray is of the same ilk .

ATS Thread on Jonathan Gray and his discoveries

Post by Byrd
Yes, we're familar with him. Basically he is someone who doesn't do much research, gets handed some facts (yes, the ancient Egyptians DID have coin machine dispensing technology) and turns it into a huge sensation. When the facts aren't glamorous enough for him, he invents information or repeats from unreliable sources ("model plane" from Tutankhamen's tomb. He mistakes the "wooden plane" in the Egyptian museum (which only looks like a plane from certain angles. It doesn't fly, and from MOST angles it looks like a toy bird.)

Throughout the article they mention Navy rescuers and Navy sources but its all anonymous information most likely because the sources don't exist .

Sorry but I'd take this story with a large pinch of salt ... Maybe a bag full

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
OP.. There aren't many threads on here that cause me to just freeze and feel a chill from tail to fuzzy ear tips ..but you scored a direct hit ...and that's before I even read the details.

Now having said that? I hope you're wrong and sincerely hope this wasn't found. Not everything from antiquity should be uncovered during this period of our development and history. The rumors and myths of things below the long term ice pack of that continent are the top of the short list within that category. Now excuse me while I go shake off a chill which temperature had nothing to do with causing.
edit on 14-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Its very doubtful that Atlantis was in Antarctica. Remember that Plato described it in detail and he never mentions snow or ice which I'm sure would have been in his description somewhere.

Odds are it was outside the Straights of Gibralter somewhere or even possibly in the Bermuda area. Those are the most commonly recognized sites where it could have existed.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There was an extremely well put together thread here a while ago that argued very well that Atlantis was probably located in South America. I'll see if I can find it again.

Found it! South America: The Definitive Geographic Location Of Atlantis
Really is a brilliant thread.

I don't doubt that there is possibly some really cool stuff waiting to be found in Antarctica, but I think it is unlikely the legends of Atlantis originated from there.

As far as this story? It would be nice if there were some validity to it, I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.
edit on 14-4-2013 by watchitburn because: Found thread

edit on 14-4-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I am currently reading a book by Rand & Rose Flem-Ath entitled "When the Sky Fell" which in a nutshell theorizes that Atlantis was in an Antarctica, however a crust displacement occured that shifted the continent to the South Pole where previously it was located in a warmer climate. It is quite interesting and has the endorsement of Graham Hancock. The theory is that survivors then went on to other parts of the globe and civilized those areas.

link www.flem-ath.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Hate to burst everyone's bubble but this was part of a failed viral campaign for the book "Raising Atlantis" by Thomas Greanias.

ATS search for Thomas Greanias
edit on 4/15/2013 by Mad Simian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Sorry, this sounds JUST like the scenario in the movie, Alien vs Predator, where they find a temple under the Antarctic ice...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
A TV crew that disappeared in 2002

What were the names of the TV crew members?
Where was their loss reported?

Where is any information on AtlantisTV?

"The U.S. government said it will seek to block the airing of a video found by Navy rescuers in Antarctica"

So where is the US government source stating that?

From the website mentioned....

A kind of glassware in Egypt and Peru that can be bent like plastic.
Screen projectors used in Egyptian temples, with movement and sound simulation.
Artifacts and buildings left on the moon-- Chinese records speak of trips to the moon.
The 'Black Knight' satellite-- ancient races talked about putting up satellites.
An ancient underground complex discovered in Southern California that included star charts on aluminum sheets.
Micro-techology found in Russia, with some objects as small as 1/1000th of an inch.

Where are the sources for the above?

Where did Gray earn his archeology degree?

It just seems to be a jumble of nonsense to flog a book.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I was wondering many of the same questions you just asked. I do not know if any of its true. I put it out there to try and get some answers...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
In theory Antartica would be the perfect place to find
an unknown ancient civilization. No stretch there.

What's odd are those ancient maps
that apparently show the continent without ice.
Maybe there was a big shift in weather?

This may coincide with the flood myths from many ancient cultures.
I remember seeing something on tv, not far from Antatrica, in southern South America,
about spring flowers being flash frozen from about 5500 years ago.

Source not very scientific but the frozen plants are....
2012quest.com...
edit on 15-4-2013 by sealing because: link

edit on 15-4-2013 by sealing because: grammar

edit on 15-4-2013 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The Antarctica theory is my favourite Atlantis theory, the most romantic perhaps.. I think though it is more realistic to assume there are many long lost land masses under the sea - take Doggerland for example - there may well be something under the ice, who knows? But with regards to 'Atlantis' the stronger argument for any such lost civilisation looks to be nearer the Caribbean or Florida coast regions.

top topics

join