It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Robot the Morphhex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Interesting robot configuration description below.

Found this interesting robot just thought I would share it. I can imagine these blowing around like tumbleweeds.
I got a real kick out of watching the robot move as a ball. Disguise one of these as a basketball at your next game lol.
I could envision lots of uses for this kind of robot storm drain maintenance Having the outside panels equipped to float and maybe even swim interesting.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I want one of these made up as a Halloween pumpkin that would freak someone out.
Or how about a Killer Tomato. I smell a remake Attack of the Robot killer tomatoes.
edit on 14-4-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wow it's a transformer! Very interesting robot design, somewhat reminiscent of the Japanese drone that was unveiled (semi) recently: www.youtube.com...
Seems as if spheres really are the way forward!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

When I see that I defiantly see numerous possibilities.
edit on 14-4-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that! (and sorting out the video I posted)

I always get a kick out of seeing new robot designs - especially ones that don't attempt to mimic the human form.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Crazy! I wonder how long before the military requisitions this and makes it 20 feet tall with machine guns and rocket launchers

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echotebarknwhale
Crazy! I wonder how long before the military requisitions this and makes it 20 feet tall with machine guns and rocket launchers

Robotank lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
No ones thinking of the battle droid rolling out and popping up its shields???

I know i am

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonLover

A thought that pops into my mind is making this thing amphibious. Make it with neutral buoyancy. Id like to see that.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

I am sooooo looking forward to the fusion of convincing a.i. and robots. I think we will see products for home use within the next ten years.

In 20 years I expect to be able to buy me a fully functional C3PO duplicate. At least something that "appears" to be intelligent. At first it will probably just be a very advanced cleverbot like database. But that´ll do just fine for the start.

I really can´t wait hehe.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

If you are too impatient to wait for AI robots to do your bidding you should just have some children. They are smart and most of the time they do what you tell them to do and sometimes they will surprise you by thinking on there own. I know I know they aren't perfect. And you have to go through several years of intelligence training. But look on the bright side when you are too old to look after yourself is when the investment pays for itself.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wonder what the commerical applications for that would be. Looks pretty interesting (as does the other bot posted).

top topics

join