It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Hoax? Tourists Find Children Skating While Media Shows Tanks In The Square

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Oh, how dumb are people sometimes. The media showed tanks rumbling through the square during their parades. They don't have parades 24/7 do they.

Now, how come you don't understand that?

The military are moving equipment to Japan. But hang on, I know people in japan that haven';t seen that happening?

Any clearer now?

the problem is, although the media knows this very well, you obviously are clueless at the attention span of the masses. all they see are tanks and that's all the convincing they need to support a war with NK. it's a marketing tactic and very effective

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Can't say the media choreography over North Korea has been particularly interesting.
Obviously we don't get much news from north of the 38th parallel here in the states.
The original Korean war was seen by Asians as "the War to Resist U.S. Aggression and Aid Korea".
In South Korea it was known as Phol Gobi "625".

Now that they have everyone looking maybe there will be a role change for North Korea?
Either an Asia driven political event or response to the domination of world economics by China recently.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
very creepy

total set up

I wonder if thery got to eat that night because they helped with some propaganda ?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yeah seems like America is playing the old he had his gun out trick again.

I seem to think north Korea are doing tests, but who are we to know.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Despite its own safety warnings, North Korea stays open to tourists, trots out athletes

PYONGYANG, North Korea - Despite North Korea's warnings that the threat of war on the Korean Peninsula is so high it cannot guarantee the safety of foreign residents, it literally trotted out athletes from around the world on Sunday for a marathon through the streets of its capital — suggesting its concerns of an imminent military crisis might not be as dire as its official pronouncements proclaim.

Pyongyang crowds lined the streets to watch athletes from 16 nations compete in the 26th Mangyongdae Prize Marathon in the morning and then filled a performance hall for a gala concert featuring ethnic Korean performers brought in from China, Russia and Japan as part of a slew of a events culminating in Kim's birthday — called the "Day of the Sun."

More at the link of course.

I'm not going to click on your link/pics as they're been reported to freeze up computers. That aside - it seems life goes on as normal in Korea North.

peace

edit on 14-4-2013 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply. In regards to the link it seems to work no problem on my computer. I would not post a link I thought was dubious in nature..

kind regards

purp..

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I tried clicking on the OPs link but it froze up my computer. I won't try again.
Has anyone checked to see if this 'tourist' exists?
And why would someone be a tourist over to N. Korea???
People are starving by the millions there ... so why go?

People are starving in the Millions in the USA also, roughly 50 Million... why should anyone go to the USA?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I tried clicking on the OPs link but it froze up my computer. I won't try again.
Has anyone checked to see if this 'tourist' exists?
And why would someone be a tourist over to N. Korea???
People are starving by the millions there ... so why go?

People are starving in the Millions in the USA also, roughly 50 Million... why should anyone go to the USA?

Can you provide evidence for your claim that 50 million people are starving in the USA? By starving I don't mean that they've missed a meal and feel a bit hungry. I mean are they in imminent danger of starving to death because of lack of food.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gary29
Can you provide evidence for your claim that 50 million people are starving in the USA? By starving I don't mean that they've missed a meal and feel a bit hungry. I mean are they in imminent danger of starving to death because of lack of food.

Poverty line

According to census data, 47 million Americans now live below the poverty line - the most in half a century - fuelled by several years of high unemployment.

One of the largest tented camps is in Florida and is now home to around 300 people. Others have sprung up in New Jersey and Portland.

Now I understand they might not be starving but those people can barely feed themselves let alone afford rent etc. With that, this was from 2012 so the figures are possibly higher.

Americans in Poverty

In the words of Rep. Mike Honda (D-California), co-chair of the Congressional Out-of-Poverty Caucus, these figures are "a stark reminder that, although we are the wealthiest nation the world has ever known, far too many children are going to bed hungry."

In fact, the USDA reports that more than 16 million American children are "food insecure."

Today's census report also contained bad news on incomes.

Median household income (adjusted for inflation) was down an additional 1.5 percent from the already-low levels of 2010. Median income is now 8.9 percent lower than it was in 1999.

Is that what you were after?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Now I understand they might not be starving but those people can barely feed themselves let alone afford rent etc. With that, this was from 2012 so the figures are possibly higher.

I think it is important to compare the levels of poverty properly here and not be disingenuous. While not meaning to deny the fact that the level of poverty in the US is bad, and growing, and not really being reported, it's nothing compared to the poverty of other nations.

The poverty level of the US is nothing like the poverty level in NK. On the whole, people in the US have some support from their neighbours, a community, charities and the legal system. There are mechanisms in place to assist many of them, and plenty of those people will get some help - eventually. Whether that's from the state or from charitable organizations.

In NK, there are no charitable organizations to help, because even their existence would be an admission that the state and society has failed. No one in rural NK can afford to help anyone even if they wanted to.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join