It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Hoax? Tourists Find Children Skating While Media Shows Tanks In The Square

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

North Korean Hoax? Tourists Find Children Skating While Media Shows Tanks In The Square

www.addictinginfo .org

nternational TV broadcasters have been repeatedly showing tanks trundling through Pyongyang’s Kim Il Sung Square in a demonstration of North Korean national power.

But when Patrick Thornquist, a Chicago teacher visiting the North Korean capital at the end of last week, arrived in the square, he was surprised by what he saw. This iconic square — Pyongyang’s political, military and symbolic heart — was full of children rollerblading and shouting with joy.

One of leader Kim Jong Un’s contributions to the nation has been building roller-skating parks and promoting entertainment fac
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I have not really been following the North Korea events that closely. I am kind of sick of all the war rhetoric. When I came across this I did have to wonder.

The media and politicians got caught lying about Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. I do no know if this is true or not but really going on there last track record I would not put it past them.

If it turns out it is true all these lying politicians and media peeps should be fired. There has been enough lies and enough people killed for the wrong reasons.

www.addictinginfo .org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Awesome find, OP. S&F!
It shows that NK really isn't anything to worry about: They're just trying to get some attention so the US can accept them. That's been my opinion all along.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Why would it be a hoax?
The media is just re-using "old" footage of the military parade that was held in Pyongyang. The reason they re-use it is because they don't have any other footage of the hardware that NK has.
Also none of the media reports were saying/speculating that tanks were roaming the streets of Pyongyang.

North Korea isn't exactly a country that would welcome Western media and to grant them full access to their military bases so that they can get some fresh footage of tanks and whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by -Rugged Shark-

Edit: not 'or', I mean: exactly, they don't welcome western media but I think it's because there is nothing to see anyway.
I believe NK said they can't garantee the safety of foreign ambassadors to drive them out of the country.
Without the eavesdroppers, NK can claim whatever they like.
It seems to me that NK is just a 'cardboard country' if you know what I mean.
I'm calling bluff.

edit on 14-4-2013 by z00mster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Have you seen the smuggled video about north Koren children,
filmed by an escaped north Korean who had to sneak back in to
show the world whats actually going on, maybe its good to
remember that there is much much more to north Korea than
its capital city, that would be like coming to my small town USA
and saying wow look, kids play outside and don't fear running
over to a friends house or walking to school, crime must be
super low in USA! sure in my town it is, but Chicago? Washington?
Detroit?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Oh, how dumb are people sometimes. The media showed tanks rumbling through the square during their parades. They don't have parades 24/7 do they.

Now, how come you don't understand that?

The military are moving equipment to Japan. But hang on, I know people in japan that haven';t seen that happening?

Any clearer now?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I have to LOL here really, really hard....

People on ATS will go to incredible lengths to FIND anything that even remotely rings of a conspiracy when any news report or govt anything is made in America....

But can't just at a glance SEE the utter HOAX this image is nor can some American tourist who likely DID take this picture and fall right into belief system saying North Korea is telling truth America is lying....

My God... This is so Obviously State Set Up

Use your heads... There are under 100 kids in a giant square.... everything else around it is DEAD, sterile... no decorations like a real event NO PARENTS lol, lol, lol, lol..... no pedestrian traffic, no people, no stands, no food....

The only genuine thing there.....is that I'm sure the children were really happy.....

But this is what NK does lol.... they "setup" situations you visit where you are TOLD and that is IT

These Kids were obviously bussed in to put on a show for tourists.... it's the Nightmare police State of ALL TIME

That's a shot of Ice Skating at Millennium Park.... What you see all around the edges are PEDESTRIANS, PARENTS, TOURISTS.... it's a huge open CONCRETE SQUARE... No freaking person is there lol.... NO ONE, no one going up steps, no one waiting around edges or even walking...

LOL... No offense but for people who sit and spend 20 hrs on software trying to prove a freaking rock on Mars has legs... NO ONE Here could possibly believe that photo isn't utterly setup can you?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I wonder if North Korean tourists to the USA would interpret things the same way? "Children play on skate boards while the USA decides if it's going to war with North Korea"? Children will play regardless of their environment. Jus sayin

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I tried clicking on the OPs link but it froze up my computer. I won't try again.
Has anyone checked to see if this 'tourist' exists?
And why would someone be a tourist over to N. Korea???
People are starving by the millions there ... so why go?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
I wonder if North Korean tourists to the USA would interpret things the same way? "Children play on skate boards while the USA decides if it's going to war with North Korea"? Children will play regardless of their environment. Jus sayin

They'd play...and there would be PARENTS and TOURISTS and SPECTATORS and PEOPLE HAVING LUNCH and PEDDLERS and COPS TO KEEP THE PEDDLERS AWAY

There is here... a SINGLE SPECIFIC CLASSROOM OF CHILDREN.... hand picked from a school for prominent party members which is the only reason they know how to skate lol.... In the distance is a small staff watching them, behind the camera is 3-5 tourists assigned an EQUAL NUMBER of secret service agents and NO ONE ELSE will go within 1/2 mile of this spot

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I tried clicking on the OPs link but it froze up my computer. I won't try again.
Has anyone checked to see if this 'tourist' exists?
And why would someone be a tourist over to N. Korea???
People are starving by the millions there ... so why go?

The kind of American who will do this is Blind and just willing as hell to jump into Helsinki syndrome the second he crosses the border because he is part of a very small Percentage of Americans that have had propaganda via the internet from PLANTED agents of a handful of States that are truly our enemy like Iran and NK convince them their country is bad and everyone every where else is wonderful and our govt is despicable... usually isolated loners who suffered indignities in their youth...

SERIOUSLY we can all be grown ups and KNOW our country has done some screwed up stuff, fought some needless wars etc, etc.....

But to not KNOW North Korea is the REAL DEAL Ultimate control State scary as hell place to be.... is a exercise in Idiocy

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have no doubt that the tourist is real. North Korea welcomes tourists. Although it might sound exciting to go to a "secluded" country such as North Korea, reality is they show you exactly what they want to show you. You are not allowed to wander off on you own and explore the countryside.

That being said, I have seen guides opening up to tourists, some even talked about their personal life. After witnessing that, I can only hope that the country will turn around and open itself up. Not just for tourists but also for their own people.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by -Rugged Shark-

A fricken men

Can you Imagine that? Living that way? Kids skating and NO One will touch the location...kids skating in front of a major city location... No one willing to go outside, no one walking, no one coming and going from what SHOULD be one of the busiest locations in the city....

Ever see footage of NK streets when there isn't an event going on in Pyonyang?

People are afraid to walk... you better be going somewhere, you better have a reason.

In America we Cry if the city doesn't want us to Carry Guns to these locations lol, or smoke copious amounts of Herb around kids....or be wasted drunk or whatever

These people are afraid to walk outside out Period

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
They are just trying to sell those goddamn Iron Dome and such like expensive macguffins. This is all a farce and a huge marketing project. It's all too obvious. Same as with Gaza rocketing Israel. Marketing.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They had an interview with a tourist to North Korea on Sky news. He said that he wasn't allowed to go anywhere without a minder, and that the places they did visit were done to a very strict schedule.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Personally i think the media have twisted everything over there to make it seam like NK is preparing for war.

How easy wouldn't it be for the media to twist a NK defensive action into a aggressive action?

What if the US are the real aggressor in this media staged mock up, and NK is just telling and shoving the US that they are prepared to defend themselves?

We use NK defensive rhetoric twist it and make it sound like they are asking for a war.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Of course I can't imagine myself living that way. Nor do I have the desire to live that way.
When you look at the footage available it looks surreal, but for people in North Korea it is reality.

I don't think that they don't go outside because they're afraid, it think it's a combination of being afraid and the lack of entertainment. As far as I am aware, Pyongyang has only one cinema. Which is closed due to power-cuts. Even the theme park in Pyongyang operates only 3-4 hours per day.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I never got the impression that the lamestream media's portrayal of
DPRK marches suggested they were occurring on the same day.
They did not say the marches and parades of tanks were occurring.

Guys, the threats and actions of the DPRK don't come from the
Zionist media or from any world NGO's. They are coming directly
from the regime itself, and yes, in this case, the phrase regime
is fully appropriate.
DPRK is the worst government in the world.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I think there's just a little manipulation of the truth here.

I haven't seen any media organization stating that these parades are constant, or that there are "always" tanks in the square. They show footage of the parades of military hardware and troops from previous rallies and events, and NK does hold them often, on numerous days of the year relevant to the leadership.

Take a look at London, is there a protest every single day in Trafalgar Square? No, of course not. But there are regularly protests there for all kinds of reasons, just because they're not there one day doesn't mean every piece of footage showing a protest is a lie.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join