It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No one believes me or listens to me...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Its called the Normalcy bias.

The normalcy bias, or normality bias, refers to a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred then it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation

You are shaking their safe little world view, and they don't like it.

You can give up and stop warning the sheep, are you can continue to ring the alarm bells, just dont expect people to listen.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIllusiveMan

Whenever I'm with a group of people and they begin discussing real world issues and events or spirituality, they always react strongly to what I say. If I point something out or simply say something that comes from my heart, there is always one person that gets angry and calls me out. What is interesting about this is this person then causes a chain reaction, so that people who wouldn't ordinarily react that way, will react similarly to the angry person. It is so strange. Keep in mind, I'm not saying anything that is too way out there. What I do is see things a little differently and when someone asks my opinion I tell them.

This is true even on ATS, you just give your opinion and your opinion is not with the majority and there it goes, like a bird on a bug!
Guess that is just the way humanity works and the crowd always flows to the cruelest most unkind speaker guess that is why our elected leaders are all creeps.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

When I attempt to help people "pierce the veil" by saying that I believe we are losing our freedoms for example, or that the financial system is not what it seems. People look at me with an angry face like this and tell me what I'm saying is Bull**** but they don't offer anything different other then the exact same thing I hear from the media, the EXACT same thing the media expresses, it is as if they are parrots.It is so annoying, being surrounded by these people is tiring and it feels like they take away my energy.

As much as I have observed , people prefer to be sheeple.

They want a seemingly right path , a guaranteed sack of food , wife , kids , a job to feed them if necessary.

You can not make them hear you as god didn't make them hear him . it is their freedom. You better walk the path you think is right.

Others will look at you and will learn from you gradually.

This people have been living for thousands of years to reach this place. They won't change easily.

But never give up the hope.
edit on 12-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You can lead a horse to water...sometimes the horse doesn't want to drink. The fact is simple...you only have control over you. Expecting others to believe what you believe or understand is simply not something you should expect.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
In this world, the world of paradigmes and subtle truth, patience is a virtue.

As others have stated before, slip it in and let the seed of curiosity grow naturally within them if it takes hold but do not give up if it doesn't sprout immediatly. Water it. Nurture it and it will flower in due time.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think the majority on ATS feel much the same way as the OP, I know I do

My advice would be to keep trying to wake up your friends but avoid being pushy.Some might eventually respond in a positive way so keep fighting the good fight.

However, the truth is the vast majority will reject what you say, no matter what evidence you produce to back up your side of the story and many will be angry that you have dared to challenge their narrow world view.

Good thread guys.S&F to the OP.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Sadly, people tend to imitate the aggressor in most social dynamics. And often the less aggressive are those the aggressor attacks. So the result is the less aggressive are marginalized by the group in short order.

People also tend to attack that which they perceive as a threat to their worldview. One of my favorite illustrations of this is the monkeys in the cage analogy.

My advice, though how to handle this is always your prerogative, is to simply let your friends grow and learn in their own time. They either will or they won't. Just be kind and compassionate toward them, wish them the best, and continue on your own journey. If they are willing to listen, communicate with them. If they aren't, just have good will toward them and let them do as they will. And in so doing, always be humble, continue to learn, remember that there's always more to learn (i.e. there could be people just as enlightened compared to you as you feel compared to your friends) and that knowledge is a never-ending journey.

We're all just at different points in that journey.

But I do share your frustration at times. Especially when it's someone you really love and all you want to do is talk about it, and they just don't want to hear it. Not even that they disagree, just that they don't want to have to think about it so they shut you down.

Peace.
edit on 4/12/2013 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You are just hanging around with the very late comers and getting it before others can be a pain in the ass. Push as much as you like but understand that these people are afraid and brainwashed to believe they have a clue and once they get it they will realise how insane everything is and that is very uncomformtable.

But it seems you are going up against the most brainwashed persons who control the others to stay in the brainwashing. Are the ones who push back hardest the people who have most invested in keeping status que?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You have pretty much described my whole life.

As far as people go my opinion is that they do know what is really going on and just want to live in denial with blinders on.In other words they choose to believe the lie.
Ignorance is bliss they say. I say "Knowledge is Power"
edit on 12-4-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The term group influence comes to mind and has been tested...here is a PRIME example....

youtu.be...

There have been updated versions of this test and the results were the SAME. I'm thinking this is the dynamic you are seeing.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Opportunia because: clarification

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I tend to find that when I'm having a conversation about world politics, religion or anything slightly intellectual, I'm the one who seems to go that bit deeper than the recycled rubbish in the papers or on TV. They either go quiet on me because they're interested in what I'm talking (ranting) about & don't have the information/ability to have a conversation about the subject that deep, or they change subject, or look at me weird as if I'm chatting complete bollox.

Its rare to find a person who you can have a deep, meaningful conversation with, past all the small talk, irrelevant bull#. When you do find that person on your waive lengh, you click right away as if you've known each other for ages because the conversation is like

Me:"yeah, YEAH - thats it, thats what i'v been saying, but they just don't get it"

Him: "yeah, #s crazy, they dont get it either they think I'm talking bollox"

Then my mates are like "fs, who started him off" (They know II can talk about this # for hours given the right environmental
)

But yeah OP. # them - theres more like us, we're just a rare fine breed that's hard to find.
edit on 12-4-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"Awake."

People like to throw this term around a lot. Sure, you see the corruption, and you start to question everything. But do you know who a real "awake" person is? An awake person not only tells others, (outside of the internet) but they act. ACTA NON VERBA.

Sure we can jerk around here and pretend that were actually doing something, and some of us can even put ourselves on high horses and say that were awake, and everyone is a mindless sheep. This is the sort of mentality that gets us no where.

And, I'm not talking about mindless protesting. I'm talking about educating everyone on the Central Banking system that's enslaving us all. Once we have enough people educated, then we can act. How do we do it?

Well Arron Russo had a cool idea of making every Senator and Congressman sign an ALFADAVID saying they would vote to audit the Federal Reserve. Can this happen? Well, it's worth a shot. And obliviously if they don't sign the ALFADAVID, you know who they stand for, it dosent matter if they're republican or Democrat.

Once we kick the Federal Reserve out we can gather our pitchforks and torches and hunt down every member of the Rothschild Family and imprison them indefinitely for crimes against humanity, and make sure they never see shoot out another litter. Then, maybe set up the Venus Project eh?

Or if the Venus Project dosen't work, we have to make sure that we never see a Central Bank again.

Anyway this is just my worthless 0.2. At this point I think all we can do is enjoy the ride. The Rothschilds are almost untouchable with the present population.

Well anyway....

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I just ignore the stupidity.

I deal with so much on a daily basis that it makes me want to just reach out and slap someone, but I'd rather let them go on with being sheeple.

then again, I'm not much of a people person, unless someone is willing to be told the truth.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

trying to educate people is extremely difficult we have all been brainwashed from the age of 0 read the hidden brain theres a pdf if you google it.

If you can get people to learn about operation gladio this will wake people up whether they want to or not

and try and get them to look at how fluoride works it stunts the growth of the brain lower the iq and attacks a region of the brain that makes you submissive to government/authority

Good luck and don't give up on them

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

You see this is where they trap people money is purely a control tool same as government which is used to create circumstances in peoples lives the real deal is you have to not do to others what you don't want done to yourself.

But I agree with getting rid of money as i'm sure thats what you meant
remember it's just your labour and it's not worth more than anyone else's on this planet.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I like you and the way you write and your style.

Have you considered the possibility that it might be humorous? You have a cute playful aspect to you, an openness and a type of innocence. Don't lose that.

So if you can capture that mirthful Buddha-like smile of equanimity, and childlike playful curiosity, then you could look at it with nothing but curiosity, and get really present to everyone else's absurdity and just be there for them, such that your pity turns to authentic compassion. Then, eventually they'll be very interested in your POV, and at the same time you won't even care if they fully understand you.

The world needs people like you to break up the matrix of the false reality and worldview everyone's been made to accept and swallow by training, hook, line and sinker. So it's not their fault, it's the way they've been taught to think and the paradigm or worldview they've been taught to believe in, even though it's all total nonsense and BS.

So don't you think it's kind of amuzing? Sad, yes, but where there's sadness and discouragement, isn't there also joy and bright optimism?

Do not allow it to drain you, but instead overflow to others and the world around you from that inexhaustible source of love and joy and truth that comes with being authentic in relation to life as it is and to yourself as you are, authentically.

It's also pretty bad here in Canada, but not quite as bad as it is in the USA on the whole, and I have some friends that just returned after a number of years in the States and they can attest to it, to the inane stupidity and utter ignorance, which generates strong feelings even over the most absurd and ridiculous of disputes about being right or wrong.

Surely the dumbing down process will begin to reverse itself at some point and that's where more enlightened and open minded people come into play, and so there's a lot of power in being aware, and plenty of opportunity for much humor at ignorance's expense and to the eventual chagrin of the vocal bullies.

So I guess I'm saying don't just hang in there, BE the very change and transformation you seek, but do it not by fighting against the stupidity, but by being as cunning as a snake (see your avatar), or fox (pick your metaphor) and as harmless, as a dove.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 12-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I have been through the same thing, as I'm sure most of us have. I dealt with it in a somewhat unorthodox way that may be considered unpopular and cold... I told people... friends and such, and if they reacted in the way that you describe I "wrote them off"... they no longer exist as far as I'm concerned. I have better things to do, like prepare my family for what is on the horizon, than talk to a wall.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It is an endeavor of patience and I would only spend your time on those closest to you to bring them into the fold. Talking to much to too many could perk up the ears of those who you don't know what masters they serve in this world. The best approach is to chip at their reality playfully, do not try to take a sledgehammer to it as their protective instincts of this illusion will kick in. Find facts or events that have good evidence backing them and just offer it for consideration and not heated debate.

i.e UFOs ...play them some clips of certain astronauts slipping up. SIRIUS may help, we will see.

i.e. 9/11 ....show them information of the people who have mysteriously died after the fact, or that the man who video taped the area for FEMA afterwards is hiding in south america with the footage

You get the idea feed them slowly, they are not taking the time to study these things they are still under the spell of the illusion.

Love and Light.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
For the most part I just try and "go with the flow" and let people believe what they want to believe. In some rare situations when I feel very strongly about something I will say what I think but I try not to be too direct in the way I present my opinion. People will often react in a very negative manner when you question their belief system in a direct or harsh manner... you sort of need to ease into it and lay the groundwork before attempting to bring out the big guns. And you MUST know the facts of what you're talking about. If you're making arguments based on vague ATS posts that you read a month ago you're going to suck at debating and holding your ground and you'll give off a very bad impression.

The result will be that no one believes you and their attacks will become worse. However if you remain calm and calculated the whole time and you first lay the groundwork and then bring out your well researched arsenal of facts, data and statistics, it will really impress people and give them the impression you know what you're talking about. Unfortunately it's not so much about what you know, but how you present what you know. If you present what you know in the wrong way it will be ignored and mocked. However if you present it in the right way it will generate awe and inspiration.
edit on 12/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Excellent post

OP, you have to try and remember that people have built up their beliefs over many years. It's almost a defense mechanism for people to strongly dismiss 'conspiracy' because it challenges their core beliefs.

People generally tend to vote for example, so trying to highlight how both political sides are controlled by the same people is strongly attacked because you are essentially saying that the person is wasting their time voting- imagine women who fought for the vote and see their vote as making them equal t men, from their point of view, they are naturally not going to like what you tell them.

We are entering a very interesting time in history however, as many young people are online and exposed to alternative media, people are now growing up with the truth amongst them, for the first time in our known history- how the elite will respond to this is something to be considered (FEMA camps and conspiracy theorists being linked to terrorism etc will probably play its part!)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've been sitting with a shaman for almost two years now, and this topic comes up a lot. The message he tried to get across to me and everyone else he works with is that we are not responsible for anyone but ourselves, and we cannot change the minds of others no matter how good our intentions are. All we can do is be with it, it as in everything, without judgement and with hearts and minds open. Love everyone and treat everyone equal, for we are all God.

The best way to change others is to lead your life the way you know you should, be happy, and people will see your happiness and follow.

There's no good nor bad, it just is. Be open, willing to receive and bear witness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join