It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos in Washington as classified report on North Korea's ability to arm nuclear missiles is read a

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Chaos in Washington as classified report on North Korea's ability to arm nuclear missiles is read aloud Read more: www.news.com.au...

www.news.com.au

CONFLICTING statements are emerging from United States officials about their assessment of North Korea's ability to fire nuclear-tipped missiles.
President Obama earlier issued his sternest warning to North Korea yet, saying he will take 'all necessary steps' to protect his people.
North Korea seemed to edge even closer to nuclear war, with one China expert saying there is an 80 per cent chance of missiles being fired.
However reporters in South Korea say it is "business as usual" with the locals there talking more about pop sensation Psy's follow-up song to the smash hit Gangnam Styl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Oh dear oh dear oh dear,

the cat is firmly out of the bag this time. Could this really be the "oh dear look what we have done" "OOpps who did that " moment we have all been waiting for on ATS???

I firmly believe this is the WMD moment I have been waiting for and I reckon this is there "go ahead"

Watch this space folks.

Or is this the "boy who cried wolf" moment for Kim, letting him have his say......"no no no I really havent got nukes honest, it was all a lie......sorry!!!!!'

Or however you say it in Korean

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

From your source:

"DIA assesses with moderate confidence the North currently has nuclear weapons capable of delivery by ballistic missiles,'' said the report, according to Representative Doug Lamborn, who read from what he said was an unclassified portion of the assessment.

"However, the reliability will be low.''

Sounds like they still need to get the weight down further..

9.33am (AEST): A White House official has told media that the DIA assessment that North Korea can launch nuclear weapon on ballistic missile was "mistakenly" declassified.

9.29am (AEST): A Pentagon spokesman has said it is "inaccurate" to say North Korea has nuclear missile capability.

hmm.... Who to believe?
edit on 4/11/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
you're controlled by your fear.

NK just wants to show the world it can defend itself if it is attacked.

I wonder what's happening in Syria?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

What is pop sensation Psy's follow-up song to the smash hit Gangnam Styl? Thanks for the thread!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I guess this is what happens when people start using basic truths as tools and political leverage over the public and others. The truth MAY just pop right out sometimes like a fart in Church. It sounds like this is about as well recieved too.

What annoys me most is how the information about the enemy (Potential or otherwise) is super secret beyond all reason so they act like they got caught with the neighbors cat or something ....Yet they are so free about very sensitive information about OUR side that anyone fighting us can save serious budget money in simply laying off their Intelligence service. Who needs it when leaks from "Unnamed Administration Officials" (when it's not someone like Biden himself), say far more than anything we EVER hear in honesty about the other guys.

That's really really backward isn't it?

edit on 11-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Makes us all wonder what all else the government is keeping a secret about North Korea. Or like some are saying maybe this is their false flag so people here in the Us will be happy if we Nuke North Korea?? Makes us all wonder lately what is the truth and what is not the truth. I am sure the government isn't going to tell us the real 100% truth either way.

Did anyone watch Fox news a couple of days ago when they said Russia knew about a secret weapon that North Korea had and that it would make Chernobyl look like a fairy tale?? Russia they said was scared crapless over it. Makes me wonder what the heck they have.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

....Yet they are so free about very sensitive information about OUR side that anyone fighting us can save serious budget money in simply laying off their Intelligence service.

I tend to wonder WHY they say the things they do, on CNN.
So far, over the last month or so, I've heard that the missile defense system in Alaska has been shut down, and will take a couple of years to get going again, and I've heard that the defense system on the west coast doesn't work right, because the math is hard
so they need many more missile to hit what might be coming in....

Both of those statements were made by the weatherman

Just what are they trying to do with statements like that?
What are they trying to set up?

** oh, and the latest: grounding a third of the air force. Sequestration affecting military readiness.
I heard it on CNN.

Here's a Russian source, lol
en.rian.ru...

I don't know how to load videos from a phone, but there's a YouTube video out about it from North Korea TV. It's one of the google links

I mean, seriously?
edit on 11-4-2013 by snowspirit because: Added

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntC

That was a massive EMP warhead Russia spoke of I think.
60 years of prepping for war would leave one with many toys.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntC

A super EMP is what Russia was talking about, A Nuke designed specifically for maximum EMP results, however Nuclear power plants may have a hard time managing without critical electronic control systems. Thus the statement regarding Chernobyl as the result would be every power plant with no way to stop it.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

North Korea seemed to edge even closer to nuclear war, with one China expert saying there is an 80 per cent chance of missiles being fired.

Hmmm.

China would know what NK is capable of since that it's where NK got is missile and nuclear tech from,.

NK is a means to an end for China never forget that.
edit on 11-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by AuntC

Nobody will be happy when it comes to Nuclear war. I wouldnt wish that on anyone.

But I am curious as to what you are talking about when it comes to this "secret weapon".

Im sure whatever the NKoreans have- it probably is as dangerous as they make it out to be.
How can someone continue to run off at the mouth like that when they are KNOWINGLY outgunned?

I think the North Korean people would have better luck and a longer lifespan if they removed Lil Kim from power.
..although from what I hear...they wont ever do that to their dear leader.

link   
Whats with this australian report

www.theaustralian.com.au...

cites the same report but the title says otherwise?

do they or dont they? lol

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I found the statement interesting also.

Why now? Things are hotting up so instead of 'dialing it down (the new MSM buzz word)' they are dialing it up!

I dont thing a false flags to justify a attack on NK from either the USA or South Korea is needed when NK has torpedoed and sank a South Korean Warship (a act of war) and bombed a South Korean island (a bigger act of war) and the South Koreans did not retaliate or request for assistance to retaliate. South Korea has been ver passive on the North provications and it is about time the South with help from its Allies show the North that they cannot keep acting like a spoilt child when it wants something!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

It seems that there were separate DIA, Pentagon, and CIA reports that reached different conclusions. Parts of both each report were likely classified but it seems that the DIA report had large unclassified portions to it. It's clear that we do not know all that much about what North Korea is capable of. The congressman likely read from the non classified portion of the DIA account.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
BULL# BAFFLES BRAINS

That is all.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IndianaJoe

Thank you for your comment.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Meanwhile Obama administration sends 4 more f-16 to our best buddies in Egypt today.......despite the fact that they would rather have our heads on a spit.........

I know this is all a bit crazy, but lets not forget about the other stuff thats going on here...........

Were ready to take out one enemy while were arming another one so they can take US out......awesome logic

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So over the last week have they somehow confirmed this?

North Korea also obtained technology from the trafficking network of A.Q. Khan, a disgraced pioneer of Pakistan's nuclear program, acquiring centrifuges for enriching uranium. According to the Congressional Research Service, Khan may also have supplied a Chinese-origin nuclear weapon design he provided to Libya and Iran, which could have helped the North in developing a warhead for a ballistic missile.

www.news.com.au...

So they could have at least short range nukes thanks to black market.

Not to mention of course the 1000's of tonnes of chem and bio warhead.
At what stage does all of this become nuclear terrorism?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
You have to wonder if they can launch their own satellites and they stay up there and operational how hard would it be to send a nuke?
I really think NK is being underestimated.
Yes their leader may be a fool that dosnt mean they don't have many many well educated military scientists.

<<   2  3 >>

join