It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*AMAZING* Ancient Stone Indian Sculpture Found In Southern Georgia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
To add something here:

Given the weight, it wouldn't take long (maybe even a single flood) to bury it 3 feet down. Rain soaking into the clay can turn it into "slip", allowing the artifact to eventually settle to the depth where it was eventually discovered. Giving it another 20 years or so, (rhetorically) who knows how far it would've sunk to.

Or
Someone just buried ot, for whatever reason, 20 years ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
artistic wise....it's in a league way better than most....cnc accurate, huh looks so cool

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It's a beautiful and compelling piece of stonework, and I think your friend's coworker is very lucky!

That said, I'm going to have to echo what Punkinworks said:

Originally posted by punkinworks10
It's very interesting, but it is clearly not made by a native culture, as it is in a very European form of a like like bust. What native American sculpture there is is very stylized in form and almost never realistic. I agree with those that think its modern, and it looks a lot like a craft kit item from the seventies.

I agree that the style is modern American and it's a stylized version of the "noble savage." Things like this were popular in the late 60's and early 70's and I agree it might be from that era. There was a resurgence of art about Native Americans at that time (along with a lot of horrible and kitschy "pretty Indian girls with pots art"), and this has that sort of style.

I think it was probably a more expensive piece from that time period. But it's clearly not ancient (Egyptian/Aztec/Mayan/Incan/Hopi/Greek/Roman/Viking/etc,etc, etc.)

The coloring on it adds a lot of character to the piece. When in doubt, take it to an auctioneer who specializes in art... but I think you'll find it confirmed that it's a piece done within the last 50 years.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Indians did not make sculptures like this this. They made sculptures of animals and nature. If this were real it would be priceless and should be returned to the indians. We already Raped them of their country. If I were a indian I would become a terrorist and kill all for doing so.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I Greet You,

One thing that makes me think it is not made by a Native American is the way the scalp lock on top of its head is on the side. In all my travels to ceremonies through out Native Communities I never saw a man wear his scalp lock on the side of his head.
Peace!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join