Originally posted by resoe26
Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by resoe26
I wouldn't just assume it is an "imaginary" friend without doing some more investigating.
If you have any pictures of your friend, I would put one in with several pictures of other people and ask him to point out which one he was talking
to. If he chooses the right one, then just ask your friend ( say it out loud ) not to do anything to frighten the children..........or you. He
may just be there to help you watch over them.
It the kids start getting scared, then I would have a cleansing done immediately! Could be a spirit imitating your friend to gain the kid's
Keep us posted. Good luck. S&F
What exactly is a cleansing?
Heard of it many times on ATS but never really looked into it. Just call up the priest right?
Source:How to Cleanse Your Home with Sage - Fresh Living
I'm not putting this in a quoted text box because it crams it all together and makes it harder to read:
How to Perform a Sage Cleansing Ritual
1. Buy a sage smudge stick (mine was white sage and lavender, and I got it at a natural foods store) and find a bowl to hold it over (traditionally,
abalone shell is used). Also set up a cup of water to extinguish it after the ritual.
2. Open every door and window in your house, and turn on fans if you have them.
3. Light the stick, and when it catches fire, blow it out and allow the embers to start to smoke (like you would light incense).
4. Set your intention for each room. Say a prayer of cleansing. Laurie Sue suggested, “I cleanse this room of any impurities, negativity, or
anything that does not suit or support the people that live here.”
5. Walk around the room, waving the sage stick so its smoke drifts into corners, along walls, around windows, and along ceiling lines. As you do,
imagine the smoke absorbing negativity, problems from those who were in the space before you, toxicity, and anything else you want to go away. See
the smoke dissipating and floating out the windows, and imagine that bad energy flowing out of your space, making room for positive, fresh energy.
6. After you’ve blessed every room, give yourself a sage shower. Cup your hands over the smoke and “wash” your face with it, then wave it all
over your body as you would in a water shower. Visualize any residual negativity sailing out of your body, out of your home, and into oblivion.
7. Extinguish the stick in the cup of water or – if your stick was very small or is almost done – flush it down the toilet. You can also bury it
in your back yard (if you are very sure that it is extinguished).
Read more: blog.beliefnet.com...
Of course, a house blessing from the clergy would be a good idea too.
To keep the spirits out, sprinkle salt around the doors and windows (any opening) of your house.