It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children: Imaginary Friend, or Spirit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

I wouldn't just assume it is an "imaginary" friend without doing some more investigating.

If you have any pictures of your friend, I would put one in with several pictures of other people and ask him to point out which one he was talking to. If he chooses the right one, then just ask your friend ( say it out loud ) not to do anything to frighten the children..........or you.
He may just be there to help you watch over them.

It the kids start getting scared, then I would have a cleansing done immediately! Could be a spirit imitating your friend to gain the kid's trust.

Keep us posted. Good luck. S&F

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by resoe26

I wouldn't just assume it is an "imaginary" friend without doing some more investigating.

If you have any pictures of your friend, I would put one in with several pictures of other people and ask him to point out which one he was talking to. If he chooses the right one, then just ask your friend ( say it out loud ) not to do anything to frighten the children..........or you.

It the kids start getting scared, then I would have a cleansing done immediately! Could be a spirit imitating your friend to gain the kid's trust.

What exactly is a cleansing?
Heard of it many times on ATS but never really looked into it. Just call up the priest right?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Remember, you are given spiritual authority over your children until they reach the age of accountability. I know beliefs are different, but if you're a Christian, remember you can intercede directly on your children's behalf, not just a petition, but direct intercession. In prayer, ask God to rebuke the spirit, and not allow it to interact with your children. See if it stops, if it doesn't, go into their room and pray for a blessing and cleansing of the room.

If you feel the spirit in the room, bind it and rebuke manifestation, and cast him out to where the Holy Spirit will send it. People don't realize they don't have to deal with demonic manifestation, you can forbid it through the authority of Christ.

Also, in the Christian belief, there are no Human spirits outside of the body on this planet. So be careful thinking it is your friend, IF, you are a Christian. The last thing I want to do is turn you off to my attempt to help.

---------

My opinion is respectfully given, I know we all have our own beliefs. I just want to try and help.

edit on 17-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Maybe you could explain your child about relationships. Friends have more permissions than acquintences or strangers. A friend might barge into your room or private space because they are trusted and likely not someone to bring misery. A stranger might but also acquintences, they are different levels of trust which in the childs case need to be laid out with words but also by reenacting or roleplaying.

For example talking about everything a child owns and can make decisions about in his or her room compared to his father who owns the entire house. Rehearsing expressions when they like something or not, learning how to show someone the door and if they do not obey use force or learning how to prepare themselves to dislike a stranger or even friend for a long time if they do not leave while still showing affection for those who they do like and seperating those roles. Or how to say goodbye in a very aware manner, knowing the other is going home and they might meet some other time again in the future. Maybe get a few friends to reenact a burglary, telling the children they need to watch the house while the parents are gone, then have a friend "break in" and the children would need to get him or her out of the house or run into a room locked from the inside and calling the parents. That way they can learn how to get in touch with their own power and shut out people.

For the parents they should consider reviewing their opinions on the afterlife. It should be something left alone, spirits should not linger between this world and the next. They might return in special cases but most have other things to do, hanging around will only postpone their development which they need to achieve everlasting peace.

Even if it is all imaginary, then something imaginary needs to be believed in to prevent people talking out loud into thin air. Only when there is actual physical contact should a person believe there is actually someone else there, otherwise thinking out loud would be the same as physical speech (because spirits are noncorporeal just like those with the corporeal) without other people giving that person a hard time in society.
edit on 17/4/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by resoe26

What exactly is a cleansing?
Heard of it many times on ATS but never really looked into it. Just call up the priest right?

Source:How to Cleanse Your Home with Sage - Fresh Living
I'm not putting this in a quoted text box because it crams it all together and makes it harder to read:
How to Perform a Sage Cleansing Ritual
1. Buy a sage smudge stick (mine was white sage and lavender, and I got it at a natural foods store) and find a bowl to hold it over (traditionally, abalone shell is used). Also set up a cup of water to extinguish it after the ritual.
2. Open every door and window in your house, and turn on fans if you have them.
3. Light the stick, and when it catches fire, blow it out and allow the embers to start to smoke (like you would light incense).
4. Set your intention for each room. Say a prayer of cleansing. Laurie Sue suggested, “I cleanse this room of any impurities, negativity, or anything that does not suit or support the people that live here.”
5. Walk around the room, waving the sage stick so its smoke drifts into corners, along walls, around windows, and along ceiling lines. As you do, imagine the smoke absorbing negativity, problems from those who were in the space before you, toxicity, and anything else you want to go away. See the smoke dissipating and floating out the windows, and imagine that bad energy flowing out of your space, making room for positive, fresh energy.
6. After you’ve blessed every room, give yourself a sage shower. Cup your hands over the smoke and “wash” your face with it, then wave it all over your body as you would in a water shower. Visualize any residual negativity sailing out of your body, out of your home, and into oblivion.
7. Extinguish the stick in the cup of water or – if your stick was very small or is almost done – flush it down the toilet. You can also bury it in your back yard (if you are very sure that it is extinguished).

Read more: blog.beliefnet.com...

Of course, a house blessing from the clergy would be a good idea too.
To keep the spirits out, sprinkle salt around the doors and windows (any opening) of your house.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
My little brother said he talked to angels when he was about that age. It wasn't a real big deal in our house, by the time he started school he stopped. I would advise to be mindful of frequency and changes in behavior patterns but don't be too nosy about it unless it becomes necessary. Being too inquisitive about the subject will cause him to become self conscious about it and could lead to him being more secretive later on. Most of the time when they reach school age and start socializing with people on their own level the imaginary friend goes away.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
How goes things with your little one?

He doesn't seemed scared so I wouldn't worry about cleansing. Kids have such huge and vivid imaginations, so it can be difficult to tell whether his friend is imaginary or not.
Like others have said, ask him to draw him. Maybe ask him to tell you about his friend.
The most important thing is he isn't scared or feeling threatened.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join