It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Gun Control Really Means

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Dogs are a great deterrent, as they take away the element of surprise....so it is less likely
you would be targeted by a perp in the first place ?

I too have dogs, and here in the u.k. burglars generally avoid homes with dogs. I guess the
same applies in the U.S ?

Forewarned is forearmed, and you may be able to escape without risking a confrontation which
you could lose ? Also, The perp may also have a gun....

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Infernalis

You're quite right, on most points, Infernalis. Hence my comments about reverting to primitive urges.

We aspire to be civilised, but fail miserably, most of the time. I'm just pleased that I live in
very low crime North Yorkshire, U.K. without feeling the need to own a gun, as I know there is
little likelihood of anyone else threatening me with one !

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Do you live in a gated community with large walls and armed gaurds?

I just live in a smaller town. In Wisconsin, where you'd be hard pressed to find a house without at least 1 gun in it.

The UK and the USA are 2 different places.

Responsible gun owners are not the ones responsible for all the heinous gun crimes you hear about in the US - criminals are - and stupid criminals with children who are exposed to dangerous weapons due to their parent's stupidity.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

No such luxuries, Happy 1 ! A small house with an open plan garden to the road outside, not even a hedge.

Neighbours look out for each other. A burglary is a very rare event, 3 in the 22 years
I have lived on my street, and to my knowledge, at least one of those was scared off by dogs barking...

Gated communities are still quite rare in the U.K, and in any case I don't agree with them.

I take your point about criminals and guns, though. But even otherwise stable people can do silly things in the heat of the moment, if they have access to guns, that can't be good...and that is my point.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
funny a ban on certain weapons and clip size and America thinks they are taking away all their guns

registering and going though back ground checks is stupid right , so mentally unstable people are free to purchase any fire arm they want with any amount of ammo , does seem very logical .

nwo this and nwo that nwo wants to reduce the world population by 90 percent makes sense to me to grabb every single gun from americans as i am sure the death toll would probably be 100 million easy but that wouldn't make any sense right , think about that for a bit long and hard people .

commonsense gun control and gun laws is taken as an attack on the 2 amendment .

I think it is a attack on american commonsense and americans are failing with flying colors .

canada , uk , and many place have had commonsense gun laws nwo hasnt taken over here

what a fail for a tread title very misleading as not to many people seem to have a clue what gun control means in their own country of the usa lol

do you people really think an ar15 with a 100 clip of ammo going to protect your family from the nwo who have a stock pile of ballistic missiles ... really .. seriously ?

I think the tin foil hat is a little to tight on some of you americans as it appears to be cutting off proper blood flow to your brains

edit on 11/4/13 by freedomSlave because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Registration always leads to confiscation, sometimes limited confiscation at first. Background checks are just a backdoor to registration. They are not letting that information get away.

Can I ask you an honest question? You appear to be against gun registration and even background checks. What, exactly, is it you want? Do you want anyone and everyone to be able to go purchase whatever weapons they want, no questions asked?

I'm being serious, I'm not asking how you'd solve gun violence, or any of that. I'd like to know what you'd replace the background check system with... nothing? Do you honestly feel it's a good idea?

Think about what you are suggesting. Do you think enough of your military, your fellow Americans, would actually follow orders to start killing civilians on us soil? Do you really think they'd stand by and let this happen, or take part?

That said. Do you honestly think the consumer grade weapons you have at your disposal could honestly pose any threat to the military and militarized police you have in the US? I mean, if they want to round you up and kill you, which makes total sense of course, you simply don't have access to anything that would really do much to a LAV or a tank. Christ, they have drones and kamikaze drones, and you think a handgun or AR15 is going to protect you?

Not trusting your government makes sense. Being convinced they will round you up and kill you if you don't arm yourself to the teeth, is paranoid delusions.

Sorry, if it were up to me, the most someone like you with your stated opinion, would be getting is a handgun or shotgun, as clearly you have some deep paranoia issues you might want to look into resolving.

When you view the media and government with untrusting eyes, you are a smart man.
When you are building a bunker compound full of guns cause they are coming to get you eventually, you are nuts.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

en.wikipedia.org...

What is stated in the above.
I see neither gun registration, nor background checks, nor limit of types of firearms nor ammo type.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by guohua

Guchua, I bet you own a gun ?

Yes and the PLA taught me how to use many types of weapons.
My husband is a retired F. L. E. O. and he owns guns.
Our weapons are not locked in a safe and are loaded.

I was born and raised in a country that had no problems taking by force from the civilian population.
The Military has weapons the Police has weapons and the section I worked for MSS – 国家安全部 has weapons and no civilian was allowed to own a weapon.

The only people with weapons other than some form of Government controlled group was the Criminals like the Triad and other drug and human traffickers.

One closing note to you, don't come back with your Government and Education Propaganda at me and try to push your agenda to some one that was at Tiananmen Squire in 1989, known to Chinese as the June 4th incident.
Also, Please Spell My User Name Correctly or don't reply to me again.

edit on 11-4-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
To those people that say that the people that think the government will round them up and kill them are crazy answer me this. Can you actually 100% say it could never happen? Has it ever happened in the past?

Hell I am a LEO and can't say 100% it could never happen (I would obviously not participate). Just like I can't say 100% it could happen. I will tell you this though. I would like the option to defend myself if it did. My AR or my Ak is not harming anyone locked in my safe.

Another pet peeve. People that say "do you really think your AR can defend against what the military/LEO has?" So let me get this straight. Just because someone is bigger and stronger than you you don't fight back? Wow. I feel sorry for you. That's not how I was raised. If you want to die on your knees that is fine. I however will not. You have no right to tell me that I should die on my knees.
edit on 11-4-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: edited

edit on 11-4-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: edit

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Registration always leads to confiscation, sometimes limited confiscation at first. Background checks are just a backdoor to registration. They are not letting that information get away.

Can I ask you an honest question? You appear to be against gun registration and even background checks. What, exactly, is it you want? Do you want anyone and everyone to be able to go purchase whatever weapons they want, no questions asked?
Yes. Every American citizen has the RIGHT to bare arms. If it can be controlled, it is not a right. It is a privilege.

Originally posted by phishyblankwatersI'm being serious, I'm not asking how you'd solve gun violence, or any of that. I'd like to know what you'd replace the background check system with... nothing? Do you honestly feel it's a good idea?
Yes, the government should not control our RIGHTS! We should control the government.

Originally posted by phishyblankwatersThink about what you are suggesting. Do you think enough of your military, your fellow Americans, would actually follow orders to start killing civilians on us soil? Do you really think they'd stand by and let this happen, or take part?
It has already happened. It happens every single day.

Originally posted by phishyblankwatersThat said. Do you honestly think the consumer grade weapons you have at your disposal could honestly pose any threat to the military and militarized police you have in the US? I mean, if they want to round you up and kill you, which makes total sense of course, you simply don't have access to anything that would really do much to a LAV or a tank. Christ, they have drones and kamikaze drones, and you think a handgun or AR15 is going to protect you?
So, I should just lay down and surrender?

Originally posted by phishyblankwatersNot trusting your government makes sense. Being convinced they will round you up and kill you if you don't arm yourself to the teeth, is paranoid delusions.
Again, tell it to the Jews, the Armenians, the Tutsi, the Cambodians. Tell it to those who had their weapons confiscated in New Orleans. Tell it to the students at Kent state. Open your eyes.

Originally posted by phishyblankwatersSorry, if it were up to me, the most someone like you with your stated opinion, would be getting is a handgun or shotgun, as clearly you have some deep paranoia issues you might want to look into resolving
Thank God it isn't up to you. How can you ignore history?

Originally posted by phishyblankwatersWhen you view the media and government with untrusting eyes, you are a smart man.
When you are building a bunker compound full of guns cause they are coming to get you eventually, you are nuts.
Or, I am just looking at history. I am looking at what every government in history who has disarmed their citizens has done throughout history. Wake up. Did you even watch the video? Or are you too lazy to investigate for yourself, preferring to trust the same government doing everything it can get away with to disarm it's citizenry.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

They wanted people to go out and buy guns. You think they didn't realize that they were forcing peoples' hands, and that people did not see the reality for what it is?

If people do not have guns, then there cannot be justified bloodshed.

Take the guns away, and then the bloodshed is not justified!

Have you not noticed that is how the rules are for the police today still? "He had a gun!" "Oh, well in that case, it's fine that you murdered them. Good then." "Oh wait, it was a cell phone." "Yeaaah, well the point is that it looked like they had a gun. I believe it."

But of course, if people don't have guns, that latter excuse won't apply.

The restrictions were put in place to cause people that have firearms to have less of an advantage than those who have higher fire power. As well, they want to turn all of the people into police.

Of course, only certain people will agree to police everyone else. And they already know that. They know that most everyone who ran out to buy guns are people that are willing to police other people. It's the irony. "Don't police us, oh mighty government! You want to restrict me? Watch me buy a gun!"

And then they go out and do it. And the state sits back, kicks up their feet, and laughs, with a cigar hanging out of their mouth. A sly grin on the face of the state, and they say, "Sure. I'll watch. Oh, by the way, how would you like to have a reason to use that gun?" "Well, sure! What's the point in having a gun only to spite you, Mr. State? What do you need! If I don't have to protect myself against you, I guess I might as well serve you!" "Well, little boy, I'm going to give you authority to arrest whoever you see fit. If you see anybody speaking against me, or speaking against you, or speaking against our laws, or even praying to a god that we say doesn't exist; if you see people beating each other up, if you see a thief, if you see someone that you think might be a terrorist; use your discretion! If you see any of these, I want you to arrest them; if they resist, then you have my permission to shoot them." "So you're just going to make me a police officer then? Well! If everyone was a police officer, surely this world would be more secure!" "Oh yes, surely, little boy. Now go and keep each other accountable to the laws of the state. For where everyone is judging everyone else, and making everyone else keep the law, there the law will surely be kept. And no law that I write will be able to go unenforced."

"Wow mr. State! You're a swell guy! Everyone is going to be safe because of you!"

"Mwahahahaha. *Evil-grin*"

But you all think gun control is the same as it was before. It's a mind game people. Rise above the brainwashing and use discretion. Have a little wisdom. Stop letting your pride make you blind. Stop letting your greed make you stupid. Stop letting your fear drive you. Well, I mean, that is, if you don't want to be evil.

If you want to be safe in a communist government, then I suggest you do all those things.

But if you actually have principles, or morals, or any love of God at all, then I suggest you don't do those things. And also stop trying to come up with ways to stop the inevitable. Instead prepare your minds and your hearts for the inevitable. Prepare the minds and hearts of your family, friends, and even strangers, for the inevitable. If you want to do any good, simply strengthen people with wisdom, knowledge, and courage, to make sure that people will be able to retain themselves without submitting to the evils that are soon to befall us.

But if you want to continue doing badly, then continue making people weak. Stay afraid. Try to fight the inevitable. Don't train to be strong and prepared for the day of battle; instead, try to prevent the inevitable battle, and push it back.

Have you not seen how the United States government has pushed back and pushed back the inevitable collapse of the economy? And what has that done? It has made the coming tsunami worse. That is all. And so therefore, the longer it takes, the worse it will be. The farther back you pull a rubber band, the more tension it develops. You keep going, and eventually it snaps.

If you want to see the wisdom of the situation, see the situation from God's perspective. For as long as you see it from the perspective of an ant, then the world around you will be huge, people will be giant waves of destruction before you, and you won't be able to see over the blades of even cut grass; you will believe that bees are your enemy, instead of paying attention to the greater threat of the feet of giants will crashing down upon your little hill. But if you see from God's perspective, you see the inevitability of it all, and are able to prepare yourself mentally and spiritually, and you will not be surprised, or hurt, by it.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Definitely an interesting perspective. Star for you. There may be much truth to your post, but I cannot go gently into that good night.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Definitely an interesting perspective. Star for you. There may be much truth to your post, but I cannot go gently into that good night.

Oh, you're holding onto silly things, temporary things. Don't let that stuff bother you.

It's not a good night, anymore than a good morning is a good morning.

Doesn't the sun rise again?

But to say, "I refuse to admit the sun will set!"

Now that would be crazy, don't you think? And so there will be nighttime.

But the sun will rise again.

Now many wars are waged at nighttime. And during that nighttime, we do not sleep, but we secure ourselves.

So the same we should do here.

But if we leave our fortress of security, and go out into the night to try to find the enemy, the enemy will surround us while we are blind, and destroy us. And then the city is left undefended, and the enemy will take over easily.

So therefore we do not pray against the night, but prepare for it, so that in the day of battle, the enemy will succeed, but will also fail. And will wonder, "how did they know our plans?"

And our answer will be, "Because this is how you have always worked. Did you not expect us to see? For you destroyed our ancestors in the same way. Since it had been some time, we knew you were coming again. So we prepared. And right on time, you came!"

The enemy will be confused by us.

And they will kill us and our families, but we will not submit to their will. But rather, we will spend time talking to them and causing them to submit to the same will to which we submit. And after they have destroyed our bodies, they will. And then they in turn will suffer the same way we did. And there will be a succession of these. So that everyone that tortured another is tortured for the same reason that he meted out torture. And that same line of people, because they chose to accept the torture instead of submitting to the will of the enemy, will see the sun rise the next day. But all those that destroyed in the nighttime instead of preparing themselves for the daytime, these will be burned up when the sun rises because they knew not that they were tearing open a wound in their own spirits with all of their murders; and when that spirit is torn open, and the wound is fresh, the light comes out; and like alcohol on torn flesh their spirits burn; and because they spent the nighttime destroying flesh, so also will their flesh be destroyed, and their souls.

Now everyone who is unwilling for this, and is too afraid to be able to face this, then I submit to you an alternative, and I will show you the futility of fighting against the reality; and even the stupidity in trying to prevent what is inevitable.

You see, it does not matter what you do. Most everyone is going to die; and especially, when the war is on this soil, many will die anyway. Now whether you decided to fight to tear down the government, it doesn't matter. You will die anyway.

So then what is the sense in dying for something that is temporary? And pointless? And a work of futility?

So then why not go in peace? You say it is like saying, "Good night."

Isn't it better to say, "Good night!" than "Oh, evil evening!" One is confident, the other is afraid. But the nighttime still comes, no matter what you say!

And if you fight against the inevitable, that destruction comes, then what? It comes down harsher, as I said. People say, "But I just can't let myself die, or let my family go, or let my country fall!"

Okay?

But you're not in control.

You don't have much of a choice! It's just a matter of what attitude you choose to have; and the truth is that in many cases also, if your attitude is good, you will actually have a better chance at survival than if you are running amuck, afraid, constantly worrying about how to control all of the insanity!?!?!...

As people say, grow some balls! Get some strength in you!

Now going and being a bully and bullying the government or whoever else is not going to solve your problem. Bullying others isn't going to solve your problem.

It will just justify their process even more, that is all. You're fighting a military world equipped as heavily as the Star Ship Enterprise. You're not going to win the gun battle silly people!

So then, it is all pointless, right?

No...

Because it is stupid to believe that the death of the body is the only death. If you believe that, then you are going to end up serving the evil state and killing innocent people. This is inescapable fact; it is a proven reality. It has been tried and true in the communist countries. The weak and the afraid willingly kill innocents to save themselves and their families and say, "God will understand that I killed His people to protect myself, right??" NOPE. They will say, "there is no God, but the state!" To hide sin.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

We had a national gun registry here which was just scrapped a few years back because it was too expensive and it didnt make anything safer. Most long gun owners in Canada are fairly responsible. Mind you, we have to take pretty intensive safety courses to obtain one, and you arent allowed to purchase them if your criminal record is a mile long.

THe only good gun control measure i agree would be effective in the US is regulations on storing them. Two fatal incidents in the last week due to kids getting their hands on them?? Thats unacceptable. We have laws for locking them up because of a similar incident in canada back in the early 90s. If anything, keep em out of the hands of a four year old.

You see how things work, I think this is a problem. In a country of millions you say we passed a law because an accident killed a person.

So did you pass a law saying you can't leave the rake in the yard? people are killed and hurt by such accidents all the time? Lock up the matches? Kids are burned.

More kids are killed by peoples dogs, outlaw dogs? Laws should not be in place so frivolously, you cannot protect the world from stupid parents or accidents that will happen by laws.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Apologies for getting your name wrong guohua, a genuine error.

You aren't presumably going to take on any of your armed agencies, though ?

Surely that would just end up with you dead or in jail ?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Let me help educate you on this matter.
You must get a background check everywhere, yes gun shows as well, there is no loop hole.

From what I've read, it doesn't include anything about private sales or gifting to family members.
And this is where the "loop hole"confusion is, in some states like CT (was) private transfers of rifles do not require background checks.

Now, most if not all, gun owners are ok with requiring private transfers to go through a FFL dealer. However this "universal background check" thing is not what we want because there is no reason for it other than to register firearms.

Registering firearms has never saved a life, in fact the only reason for registering a firearm (as history has shown) is to confiscate them. Most if not all, gun owners are ok with "universal background checks" if there is no reregistration, but there can't be a universal background check system without it.

Also why do we need a universal background check system? Again you must have a background check done every time you buy a gun, and try buying a gun out of your state, go ahead and try.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Over 170,000,000 people have been murdered by their own governments. It can happen here, and it will if we let it. TPTB have come out and told us that they plan to eliminate over 90% of the world's population. See the Georgia Guide Stones if you don't believe it.

There is indeed something afoot and gun control is just one symptom.

If the concept of their being a quasi-secret power cabal intent on force feeding a one world government on the world is what it seems, then the biggest obstacle they face is the people of the United States of America and their national constitution. They know that to decommission this document of rights, there will be hell to pay. That's why they saw to it that our industrial plant was allowed to flee to China. If our nation crashes into itself, the world will still be able to buy their Levi jeans.

People who simply no longer trust their federal government to adhere to the constitution, are already being hammered in the main scream media as being anything from white supremacists to dangerous survivalists to full blown revolutionaries. You can't simply believe in America anymore without being attacked from so many different directions.

So, in the end, what gun control really means is that those who would disarm this nation to eventually cripple it, are still at it full time.
edit on 11-4-2013 by redoubt because: typos, corrections

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if the people who have no problem with gun limits and registration would have no problem with restrictions on other rights.

I guess they would have no problem with a one abortion per woman per lifetime limit? Maybe a yearly limit of 10,000 abortions nationwide? Perhaps women that have abortions should be required to register with the state. Then, newspapers that oppose abortions could publish a list of names and addresses.

Maybe journalists should be required to have a 10 day waiting period before they can publish an article. That would be a reasonable restriction on their First Amendment rights, wouldn't it?

How about requiring citizens to pass a mental health exam before being allowed to vote? If the government says you suffer from a mental illness, you shouldn't be allowed to vote, should you?

It would be reasonable if the state required you to have a permit to opt out of an illegal search and seizure, wouldn't it? If you can't take the time to fill out the proper paperwork, then you have only yourself to blame when a SWAT team busts into your house, throws you out, and takes anything they want, including the house.

You know, at some point some old, white Republican is going to be in the White House again. And he will work just as hard at taking away your rights as Obama, and Bush, and Clinton, and the other Bush, etc. When that day comes, think back to today, and remember that you had no problem with the government taking away other people's rights. So don't complain about losing the rights you wanted to keep.

Just sit back and enjoy your economic collapse, endless wars, and police state.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Furthermore, and with the greatest respect, your guns are loaded, but not locked away, in a secure cabinet, with bullets stored separately ?

Isn't that a rather lackadaisical attitude to gun ownership ?

Aren't you worried they could be used against you ?

I think it would be far safer if your guns were confiscated, and left gun ownership to the professionals, who understand safe storage and use thereof. That's how accidents happen, don't you agree ?

I.e. Military, Law enforcement and your legions of security agencies..

Peace....

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
CNN is currently yakking it up about how they "bought an arsenal with just a pocket full of cash"
Martin Savage and crew went to 5 gun shows in Georgia, Tennessee and a Carolina

oh the private seller didn't check his drivers licence to see if Savage was out of state, and the seller said he had got the first rifle bought from a cop

there was no paper trail on several semiauto pistols...

well i guess when you can't track a buck, trail a tree

eta pS
one of the guns was similar to the one used in the Sandy hook shooting

edit on 11-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join