It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific proof we were created by aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
hi guys, i just dropped in to announce this cool find.

Scientists from Kazakhstan believe that human DNA was encoded with an extraterrestrial signal by an ancient alien civilisation, Discovery.com reports.

They call it "biological SETI" and the researchers claim that the mathematical code in human DNA cannot be explained by evolution.

www.news.com.au...

news.discovery.com...

arxiv.org...

you mad?

ps: you can google: 'icarus science magazine alien dna' to bring up many other articles about the topic

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 10/4/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2013 by april1 because: added study paper

edit on 10-4-2013 by april1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2013 by april1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by april1

To quote that eminent and distinguished scientist I have the most respect for, Professor Hubert J Farnsworth, all I can say is "Whaa ?"
I had to edit this post after re-reading the reference material, and again, I'm with Hubert, "Whaaa ?" I suppose it's possible, but to recover the alleged encoded message seems a little far fetched.
If the 'message' was encoded millions or billions of years ago, wouldn't the DNA have evolved over that time? Would evolution somehow destroy the 'key' of the encryption? If we we're 'engineered' (Nice job space aliens, I could have done without the whole arthritis/nerve damage thing!, I must have gotten 'prototype' no warranty DNA) is there some remnant of this message buried in the DNA of life that came before Humans? Don't the space aliens know we live on a wobbly little ball of dirt that orbits a little star in a filthy little dirty cule-de-sac in a backwater arm of the Milky Way? and that the Universe pretty much only creates planets so it can consume them? Advanced Space Aliens, sometimes it's just hard to figure out what they're trying to accomplish, like the Congress

edit on 10/4/2013 by CarbonBase because: content, spelling

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You know, it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. That's pretty cool! The religious institutions would go NUTS! lol

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by april1

I gave you a s'n f for putting yourself out there. However, this thread will be torn a part because there is no scientific evidence, even though I believe already that someone or somethings had a hand in our design.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by april1

Don't know if it's "proof" yet but I remember seeing a show sometime back where this theory was mentioned and it would seem to make the most sense.

What better place to hide and/or embed the the sacred codes than right inside the being for which the knowledge was intended? It would insure that as long as the species survived, so would the code.

It also brings a whole new meaning to the term "Know Thyself." Good find, S&F!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by april1
hi guys, i just dropped in to announce this cool find.

Scientists from Kazakhstan believe that human DNA was encoded with an extraterrestrial signal by an ancient alien civilisation, Discovery.com reports.

They call it "biological SETI" and the researchers claim that the mathematical code in human DNA cannot be explained by evolution.

www.news.com.au...

news.discovery.com...

you mad?

Is An Alien Message Embedded In Our Genetic Code?

I dunno... is an Alien message embedded in our genetic code? The articles don't seem to offer the promised proof.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Lyra! The human DNA mainly came through Lyra, which had scattered to many systems due to the same dark side that has its hybrids ruling over earth.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by april1

Because as we know the television media channel Discovery never promotes hyped up leaps of faith...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

maybe u wanna have a look here and read through the study:

arxiv.org...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by april1

It's an interesting hypothesis...not evidence. But, scientists have used DNA to store information... from .mp3s to .pdfs.

This idea that E.T.s have encoded some data isn't something I fully "believe" in, but it's fun. And maybe more plausible than many of us imagine?
edit on 10-4-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by april1

Because as we know the television media channel Discovery never promotes hyped up leaps of faith...

So long as it's followed by a question mark it's kosher.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by april1

So long as it's followed by a question mark it's kosher.

so true

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

maybe u wanna have a look here and read through the study:

arxiv.org...

Don't need to. I watched a whole special on it. BioSETI is an interesting idea and study, but still PURE speculation at this point.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

maybe u can dig up the special and post it here?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
They are right in one thing. It cannot be explained by evolution. It never could and evolution requires even more faith than believing in a God.

Of course if you cannot believe in a God but do believe in aliens ......did aliens evolve or were they created.

And we are back to the creation debate again.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that alien messages could be stored in our DNA. Reasearchers have already used DNA as storage.

The newest data-storage device? DNA

A team of British researchers has used DNA — the genetic building blocks of life — to record Shakespeare's sonnets and excerpts from Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Yeah, that sure makes it a cluster##$ doesn't it? Chicken or the egg; an endless redundant loophole , repeating over and over, lol.

Which makes me think we're in a computer program.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

Encoded is not the same thing as encrypted (I did not read the reference material). Like declaring that we are the single life in the universe or that the moon has no life is a bit moronic as moronic as to say that we fully understand DNA. We have just starting to tinker with it, most of the previous discarded "junk code" has recently become important and the understanding of the properties of DNA / RNA etc that the probably most our evolutionary database may even be stored there or at least algorithmically accessible his just incredible, but yes if we really have some sort of creator it is there that we would find a signature, something that would indicate us as to be relevant in the grand scheme of things...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by april1

This is actually very promising especially with the advances in synthetic biology,

Again, if we could write our Genome onto bacteria and then seed the universe with our DNA, we would also leave our mark embedded in the DNA.

They should also get hackers and code breakers looking at this.

The way it would work is we would write our Genome onto bacteria and we would also program to start the evolutionary process when it lands into certain conditions.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we found genetic markers or some kind of message from a civilization that may have seeded our DNA.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

maybe u can dig up the special and post it here?

A pain from a phone, but I believe it was an episode of "Are We Alone" on Science entitled "Are Aliens Sending Us Messages?"

Don't think the episode is available for linking, but there is a 30s preview .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join