It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-North Korea spy says Kim Jong-Un struggling to control military

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A former N. Korean spy says he is having issues controlling his military?

...but he's the "dear leader" I thought they followed him blindly...?

A former North Korean spy who bombed a South Korean airliner said Wednesday that the North's leader Kim Jong-Un is struggling to control his military and using war talk to shore up support.

Kim Hyun-Hee, who said she was ordered by Jong-Un's father Kim Jong-Il to bomb the airliner in 1987 killing 115 people, said she believes the son is still trying to establish himself following his father's death in December 2011.

"Kim Jong-Un is too young and too inexperienced," she told Australia's ABC television in an exclusive interview from Seoul, where she lives at an undisclosed location surrounded by bodyguards.

Sou rce one
Source two

What do we think about this one?

-SAP-

edit on 10-4-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It opens up a comforting possibility in my mind. As the situation escalates, I would expect the generals to start saying "You want us to get into a nuclear war with the US? When even China is telling us to slow down? Maybe it's time for you to take a loooong vacation."

One can only hope.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Nothing that hasn't been noted on these boards before.
He has to prove himself to his Generals.
This is the result.

If he was a good dictator he'd take all the generals and execute them for questioning my authority.
If he was an Evil dictator he'd take all the generals children and grandchildren and send them somewhere he could keep on eye on them... call it specialized education or something. And then tell his Generals to shut up or else.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I was under the impression that he is being controlled by the military by design, as is done in the U.S.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I think that they actually might have some influence in his threats and his ill-advised choices as of late. May be that's what they ment by he is having troubles controlling them...

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Who knows maybe it is the military who is wanting a war and he is trying to calm them down but is not able too.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

That was my thought. Frankly -- he's got nothing to bargain with other than his status as figurehead and target of scorn. Take the generals families and lock them in a gulag? How would he guard the gulag? Could he defend against a plan to free the people created by the very generals he is trying to manipulate? The idea is kind of silly, right? The only way he can be the one pulling the strings is if the generals truly believe he is a god. And even then, one "atheist bullet" dispels all illusions.

Ultimately -- loyalty, power and authority always rest in the hands of the strong. It is a great illusion that we believe it to be the opposite.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Possibly. It's no secret the N. Korean people want a unified Korea, possibly with Kimmy as the leader...

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Normally I'd fly past a comment like this:

I was under the impression that he is being controlled by the military by design, as is done in the U.S.
but I'm really curious. Do you think Obama is doing what the military wants him to do? Cutting their budget, reducing their manpower, eliminating hardware, trying to reduce VA benefits, ending "don't ask . . .", unpopularity among soldiers, etc.?

Please explain.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Insufficient text !
You would imagine out of a whole country of people, there would be some sanity some where. And even a point where everyone just kind of says Ya Ya, W/E/L.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Who knows maybe it is the military who is wanting a war and he is trying to calm them down but is not able too.

This is what I am betting is happening - I believe he is afraid of a military coup. Then we will have problems. I think he really enjoys just being the fat kid that looks at stuff. It is hard to believe that he would have an american sports figure and be all excited about the visit, and then start a war, with the US.

There are other forces at work here.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprise there is chaos with the leadership in North Korea. With being a closed country and a military first it is difficult to keep everything in check. No wonder Kim Jong-il was paranoid. However, with his son in leadership I can imagine people in the background dislike him as Kim Jong-Un is too young and doesn't have the ambition for power his father has when he wanted power. I do not even think Kim Jong-Un wants to be in the leadership position.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Another thought he was brought up in the west he knows about western culture...Iam starting to think he has no power maybe that other thread to do with his Aunt and Uncle is right

link   
reply to post by charles1952

Do you think Obama is doing what the military wants him to do?

Well, I don't want to derail SAP's thread, but to answer your question... Yes, when it comes to war, I think Obama, and every other POTUS explains other folks' decisions to the public with a teleprompter. I don't have evidence of such, it's just my opinion as a bystander.

link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sanity, sure why wouldn't there be. The Kims always used fear as a way to control the masses.

"Speak bad about the Dear Leader and you, your children, you close family, and even your distant family will be thrown into a camp where there will be no return."

My point is I am sure people try to do something against the regime, but that's a big risk if you get caught. They can think what they want, but that doesn't mean they are going to say anything or do anything for that matter.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Ex-North Korea spy says Kim Jong-Un struggling to control military

For anyone who has observed North Korea over the years, the above statement is beyond doubt. To wit: long established and deeply entrenched military personnel/commanders are not about to let some green kid take over the country. That's just not going to happen no matter what the average peasant/citizen is told.

Right now, there is a battle going on within North Korea and between that nation and China, for some degree of common ground and latitudinal understanding. Outwardly, even to the People's Republic, Kim Jong Un is the leader. This is a critical facade that will be upheld. But from within, he may be no more than a prisoner in a gilded cage.

While the main scream media soaks up every drop of photographic propaganda exiting N. Korea... we really have no good idea of what is happening within.

My personal guess is that Obama will negotiate a deal with Red China to sack the Kim regime and replace it with another that is both acceptable to the PRC and bring it out of the dark ages. This could happen most anytime.

Now, that said, China also looks on with a certain amount of ticklish comfort as the US and S. Korea are tied in knots dealing with their puppet state. Kim, if he survives, will likely become something of a personality in the PRC post-change.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I am sure China will have their role in this before it's all said and done. Interesting opinion though.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by redoubt

I am sure China will have their role in this before it's all said and done. Interesting opinion though.

-SAP-

Oh yes... China will. No doubt whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

My quote:

My personal guess is that Obama will negotiate a deal with Red China to sack the Kim regime and replace it with another that is both acceptable to the PRC and bring it out of the dark ages. This could happen most anytime.

I do mean by this that it will be the PRC, not the US, who are doing the footwork.
(After rereading what I said, I saw that it could have been taken either way. This is just to clear.)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Yeah I read it the correct way then.

Thank you for the clarification though. In case other members read it differently.

-SAP-
edit on 10-4-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join