It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Swaying Plant!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
reply to post by Char-Lee

As a person who feeds birds, and assorted wildlife that goes along with it, I have always wanted to see a pocket gopher do just that.
The "nuisance" animals that drop by our feeder are caught in a Hav-a-Heart trap and released in a local park.
Near an owl.
I figure if they can't make it in the wild, at least they will not be wasted.

That is wonderful what a great idea, we have been searching for a no kill solution! We feel we all have a right to raise our family and live our lives here. I gather slugs and take them to our wildlife area.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Unfortunately, none of the 3 have-a-heart humane traps. I have, have worked with gophers. I even tried digging their tunnels wide enough to insert them into one of them. All they did was back-fill that tunnel from behind the trap, and dig a new one around it.

Now, this will sound completely crazy to you, but it worked for me. An old farmer Lady up here, told me to put sticks of Juicy Fruit gum in the tunnels and it would make them go bye bye. Don't ask me how, or why it worked, but I cleared out a quarter acre of those little pests, using it.

I got my JF gum at Sam's Club by the case pack, real cheap.

Des

edit on 10-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It looks to me like its being pulled by fishing wire from the right. To my eyes its lurching right faster than it is recoiling left.

Id say it has to be a prank.

Or inter dimensional alien ghost pixies drawing up power from the zero point energy field while telepathically beaming mind control forces at the plant as part of the new super advanced mkultra program.

Did i cover everything?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dieseldyk
I know what that is.

Its the rare metronomis bullcrapitis which is harmless and some what humorous. Its not to be confused with the not so rare trollalotashillus bullcrapitis which is completely indigestible and quit often poinsonous.

good video made me smile thanks
edit on 10-4-2013 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

An obvious mistake made by (I'm guessing) a first-year phytology major...

This plant is obviously a member of the Pullastringius Backanforthius family. It is not poisonous at all
though it does have a certain plastine chewiness that is unpleasant and the stalk contains
no beneficial nutrient.

Nice guess though

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Whatever it is I want one! A plant like that would entertain my herd of outside cats and kittens endlessly!

I wonder if there is a hanging plant somewhere that moves around like that? That would be even cooler!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Could it be a type of carnivorous plant which has gobbled up a bee/bug?
Although it doesn't look like any carnivorous plant I have seen.
Weird.

I'm a hobbyist, and it's not any carnivorous plant that I have ever seen, if anything it resembles the leaf of a coconut palm. But, carnivorous plants have also adapted to be carnivorous because they live in nutrient poor soil, which that clearly isn't because of the plant growth all around it.

I would say there are three plasubile scenarios here, and I'll list them with most likely first...

1. Fraud. It wouldn't be hard to tie some fishing line to that and create the video. Who knows why? Just to fool people, just to freak people out, just to con a friend or something?

2. Insect within. It looks like a closed leaf, curled round. So there could plausibly by a cocoon or something within it. I personally have seen the rocking motion of caterpillars myself, and a caterpillar inside making that motion could easily explain the movement of the leaf.

3. Harmonic resonance. It's the least likely, but we all know that sometimes whole structures can literally be torn apart by the harmonic resonance of their own movement. Perhaps this is a case of the slightest breeze being able to amplify that resonance and create this impressive swinging motion.

Whatever is causing it, I am 100% certain that it can be explained by simple science. It's not some spirit, it's not an alien race, it's not sign of a sentient being "waving hello". lol

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yes, I believe that is the video I saw. Thank you Destinyone.

At work. Not suppose to be playing on the computer.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Unfortunately, none of the 3 have-a-heart humane traps. I have, have worked with gophers. I even tried digging their tunnels wide enough to insert them into one of them. All they did was back-fill that tunnel from behind the trap, and dig a new one around it.

Now, this will sound completely crazy to you, but it worked for me. An old farmer Lady up here, told me to put sticks of Juicy Fruit gum in the tunnels and it would make them go bye bye. Don't ask me how, or why it worked, but I cleared out a quarter acre of those little pests, using it.

I got my JF gum at Sam's Club by the case pack, real cheap.

Des

edit on 10-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

I actually tried the gum one, didn't notice a difference but we have so many here, maybe it did work on some if it worked for you...thanks!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I used one of those old people pick-up grabber stick thingies, to push the gum way down into the tunnel. Got old people grabber thingie from the dollar store.

Good Luck...remember to unwrap the gum first....I had a kid I payed to help me garden stick in in still wrapped....

Des

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

When I first saw what you wrote, I thought you had chewed the gum first. LOL thats alot of used gum!. Then realized the human saliva would be counter productive. Then you wrote about unwrapping it first. Shew for a second there thought my TMJ was coming back.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

and another vid of the same strangeness

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's actually my video and its not a prank, we were biking on a small island between Hilton head and Bluffton sc. We spent about 15 minutes messing with it trying to figure out an explanation and blocking any wind etc. We finally left because it just creeped us out. I don't believe it was wind but who knows? I just chalk it up to a fun day and a cool video.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jethack

thanks for the creeper video,
made my day

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jethack
It's actually my video and its not a prank, we were biking on a small island between Hilton head and Bluffton sc. We spent about 15 minutes messing with it trying to figure out an explanation and blocking any wind etc. We finally left because it just creeped us out. I don't believe it was wind but who knows? I just chalk it up to a fun day and a cool video.

Why does my imagination see some Hawaiian stoner, hiding in the bushes laughing his head off at you filming this. After he's attached a battery operated toy to the below dirt stem....

Why does my mind go to these places.....

Thanks for posting your vids. Bet it did mystify you, it would have me.

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jethack

Thanks for the explanation, but in all fairness none of us actually know you're telling the truth

We don't know if it is your video, and if it is, we don't know that it's not a prank.

We see videos all the time and people take it on face value, some here even accept videos as "proof" of something, when any logical person can find ten alternative explanations, and cast doubt on everything about it. Still, some people want to have evidence of something so desperately that they'll refuse all common sense and reason.

I will say that the reactions of those in the video (presumably you and your friend) seem genuine enough. But that's not enough for me to believe it without question.

Either way, I think there are natural explanations for it even if it's not a prank. Its interesting though, and a part of me wishes there was more investigation of it, I guess I don't like unanswered questions

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it is some kind of insect within, I have seen dried seed pods on mimosa trees shake and buzz pretty crazy when 30 to 50 of those things get synchronized too. It's kinda like Mexican jumping beans just not something you're going to expect to see, I don't know about this plant but the tree pods reacted to certain sounds better some noises like talking and laughing made them stop and shaking ice in my cup made them go crazy. It's something I didn't even think about catching on video; I searched online but didn't find any reference to it at all for the tree pods.

So that's my guess I opened a pod and didn't see anything but I didn't crack open the seeds themselves either. But something had to be in there causing the commotion.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Reminds me of the day I put some extra coffee in the water to water the tomato plants. After I watered the tomatoes outside with it, one plant began to shake and sway. I brought the wife outside and showed her the plant and laughed that it had a little too much coffee. She said I was being rediculous, it was just the wind. I told here..do you feel any wind...It was perfectly calm. I asked her if the other plants were shaking at all and she said no. I had to show her evidence that it was real before she could laugh about the plant getting the shakes from coffee
There were no bugs on that plant and it was swaying and shaking a lot. I say that this video is real because I have personally experienced something like this. I don't know what is adjuvating the plant to do this, maybe the guy would know. somehow excessive energy is being created in the plant or maybe energy is coming from the guy and traveling through a runner under ground. I notice that when I break a fern off, some others shake many times. My energy expenditure is being transferred through the rhizomes.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No there was nothing inside of it we examined it pretty closely for a while. The only logical explanation was wind but there just wasn't enough to make it move as fast as it was. We also went further down the trail and nothing else was moving like it. But it was a Cool experience either way.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Only explanations i could think of is...

-An animal/bug underneath the plant..like mole or a beetle.

-A string is attached to the stem of the plant and is being pulled using the plants flexibility.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join