It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma can it bite you in the......................

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Des, I will read that one.

Ready to be even more confused??

Here is the one I read.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There is a post from Schuyler in this thread which explains the formula.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

My flag count is really low. 14. That can only go up with making threads.

Yeah, haters shouldn't have good karma, but other haters cheer them on.

My watts score is higher than my karma. That one must not include flags.
What is a wat?

All Destiny's numbers are so high I would have expected her karma to be way way higher.
What happened there?
Very very high watts score though.

Maybe watts is better.
Maybe it means brightness

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Ok here's the formula ( I guess there still seem's to be debate)

K = (stars * 15) + ((flags + applause) * 10) / posts

Example:

7619 stars * 15 = 114285
(524 flags + 92 applauses) * 10 = 6160
114285 + 6160 = 120445
120445 / 4074 posts = 29.5643103 rounded to 30

Does this make sense to anyone? If so please explain it to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

My flag count is really low. 14. That can only go up with making threads.

Yeah, haters shouldn't have good karma, but other haters cheer them on.

My watts score is higher than my karma. That one must not include flags.
What is a wat?

All Destiny's numbers are so high I would have expected her karma to be way way higher.
What happened there?
Very very high watts score though.

Maybe watts is better.
Maybe it means brightness

I haven't started many threads. I *think* Karma may have something to do with flags to threads ratio....I see some prolific members starting like 5 to 10 threads a day. Maybe. It's a numbers game.

I don't know, cause I'm not that bright.....

Des

edit on 9-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think the 'K' score is like an 'Engineered Mystic Property' or 'EMP' as I like to call it! All I know about Karma is, it does in fact bite when you deserve it, so I guess in a Karmic sense, if your getting a good 'K' score, inevitably, the 'EMP' effect will get back to you, it's like entropy lite !

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You're bright.

Plus you always bring the cookies.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Example:

7619 stars x15 = 114285
(524 flags + 92 applauses) x 10 = 6160
114285 + 6160 = 120445
120445 ÷ 4074 posts = 29.5643103 rounded to 30
It makes sense now,I changed the star in the top line to multiply sign and the slash in the last line to divide sign.
forgot also changed the star in second line to multiply sign.
edit on 9/4/2013 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Number of stars x 15
Number of flags and applause x 10
Add them together
Then divide by the number of posts.
edit on 9/4/2013 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Just did the math from the thread. It came up right on the money my k score 29.4712877077998 avg 29.

That settles the math. So it pretty much gives me the answer. To get flags and stars you have to be with the theme of the site which is conspiracy. You will be in the majority.

If you try to denounce a conspiracy you will be a minority, less stars and flags.

If you hate, you will also get many S&F because many members are angry. In the long run hate wins. which is denounced on this site often.

So I guess most of you are right it is meaningless in the end.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

The Watts and Karma scores are determined by a ratio formula. I think Shuyler did a thread about it but I'm in a time crunch right now so hopefully someone else has/will post a link to it.

I have found that even very negative people can have high Watts and Karma scores. Seems like a lot of the time people will star and flag negative posts and threads even more readily than positive ones. I guess just like on television controversy "sells". In case you haven't noticed there are many negative minded members here, and as they say "birds of a feather....."

Have a great day rocky- I'm sure we'll catch up later!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

What I know about Karma or so I've heard, is that it's like a game of tug-o-war. There's is always a give and take in life and no inbetween. You will never just find yourself on the recieving end nor the opposite holds true.

I can say from experiance because I do believe in Karma (Ask the men who were sucked up by the sink holes, what kinda Karma do you think they had?) that I try to always stay positive in dealing with individuals IRL and try to negate any possible negative attitudes so as to keep me from pimp slaping someone verbally.....

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I didn't even know what the Karma thing was until this post. Now if I can just figure out what the "W" means.

As for Karma, I'm not sure that the way it works would give it the name "Karma". A better word could be used, though I know not what that could be.

And on the subject brought up in the OP, I think it might be because people who have nothing nice to say post a lot more, and thus have the potential to earn more stars over a number of posts. People who only have good things to say, won't get involved in arguments or debates as much, and though they may earn way more stars for a single post, it reflects on the Karma as that.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Just did the math from the thread. It came up right on the money my k score 29.4712877077998 avg 29.

That settles the math. So it pretty much gives me the answer. To get flags and stars you have to be with the theme of the site which is conspiracy. You will be in the majority.

If you try to denounce a conspiracy you will be a minority, less stars and flags.

If you hate, you will also get many S&F because many members are angry. In the long run hate wins. which is denounced on this site often.

So I guess most of you are right it is meaningless in the end.

What would you consider a high score for karma? Some of the nicest members have a score in the 30s, I think that's pretty good.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

karma only affects those who posses a soul, the rest are just a product of circumstances.

those who have a soul and commit something wrong, they will eventually pay with an equal or similar punishment, all relative to the "wrong" committed.

any other person is just affected by the choices of others

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I need to go back to school so I can even understand any numbers on the left!!!

Good to know that at least someone pays attention to them.

Is this a good or bad karma comment??

Will my K now increase

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm a vile and hateful poster, and I have nothing good to say about this thread.

Just kidding! I don't pay a lot of attention to Karma personally, but since I fit in your "55 and over" generalization, I thought I'd chime in.

I am very opinionated. This should come as no surprise to anybody who's been around here and read my posts. However, I try to stick up for the OP whenever he or she comes under attack, and I'll take on a troll any day of the week.

Everybody on here is opinionated. How boring it would be if nobody had an opinion and waited to be told how to feel and what to think on subjects!

I think it is much ado about nothing, and Karma on here doesn't mean the same thing as in real life.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I was thinking 50 and above. BTW you are one of my exceptions.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by smyleegrl

I was thinking 50 and above. BTW you are one of my exceptions.

You don't know how much this made my day. Truly. A crappy day, then this....

Thanks loads, my friend.

(I S&F your thread.....good karma coming your way!)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Dude, I don't even know (or really care for that matter) what my K score is. Guess there are other things that are more important to me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join