Karma can it bite you in the......................

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This will be a pretty mild rant, but I feel it should be posted here.

When I read a post I tend to check the members profile. One thing I have noticed as a general rule is that the members that seem to never have anything good to say, about anybody or anything have the highest K score? (There are some exceptions)

Now from what I understand your K score is related to you number of post vs flags vs stars. This combination gives you your k score. Now I read a thread about the k score. Most members ( and I) seem to think the K score is short for Karma. Now the definition of Karma is as follow's............................

1: often capitalized : the force generated by a person's actions held in Hinduism and Buddhism to perpetuate transmigration and in its ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence

Now there is good, and bad Karma, but the way I take the score in the profile is that the higher k score you have. The higher your personal Karma is on this site. Which means the better your Karma is. ( good Karma)

How is it that most ( not all) of the posters with very high Karma, are the ones that have very little positive to say? How do the few with high scores manage to out score the many people who have only good things to say. Is it a groupie thing? Myself I know I will never achieve a high K score I am fine with that. But I see many members with real facts and sources that never get kudos.

So give me your opinions on what you think. Does the K score reflect your Karma? Or does it reflect your paranoia, hatefulness, and suspicion?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think it probably reflects the community.

In a lot of threads stars are given to people who fight for their belief with vigour even when presented with facts opposing their belief.

It seems the more stubborn you are in your responses, the more stars you will get from others clinging to the same belief.

My rushed 2cents on the matter
edit on 9-4-2013 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hmmmm? I don't know? I would like to find out myself but I think it's a secret safer than the Colonel Sanders recipe?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

To be honest. It's a all a mystery to me, as to why there is even a Karma rating. I know it started way before I joined.

I don't really pay attention to it, nor relate to it. But, it's a good question, so I'll tag along in your thread to see what others say.

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Totally awesome Avatar dude. Awesome

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by aaron2209

Totally awesome Avatar dude. Awesome

Thank you. Credit should go to whoever or wherever I found it. Can't remember now

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Des, It's not a huge deal to me either, but I just can't get over the irony of it.
I would like to know more.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
I think it probably reflects the community.

In a lot of threads stars are given to people who fight for their belief with vigour even when presented with facts opposing their belief.

It seems the more stubborn you are in your responses, the more stars you will get from others clinging to the same belief.

My rushed 2cents on the matter
edit on 9-4-2013 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

I just can't see that. When someone is in a debate they are up against somebody, just as sure of their belief's and fighting just as hard.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

BTW Des you are a perfect example. You always try to bring a good thing to say to a thread. Your words are sought out, and advice taken.

It almost seem's people have to be vile and hateful to have a K score of 55 plus.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

BTW Des you are a perfect example. You always try to bring a good thing to say to a thread. Your words are sought out, and advice taken.

It almost seem's people have to be vile and hateful to have a K score of 55 plus.

Thank you for the compliment. I tried the vile and hateful thing. All it did was get ATS points taken away from me, and posts replaced with that *off topic post removed* thingie.....

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have low karma here, 'cause I rarely make any threads.
I don't have the attention span to babysit a thread, thus lower karma

Thankfully, in real life, things mostly go right, so my karma must be scoring higher there

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Me too
I mellowed rather quickly.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

No that's not it I collected a few examples. I won't name any names, here's a member.

Around since 2-11-2012

Post 327
Flags 228 (Not many in over a year)
Stars 853
K score 46 ( that's not real high but higher than most)

BTW a Hater

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Thank you for the compliment. I tried the vile and hateful thing. All it did was get ATS points taken away from me, and posts replaced with that *off topic post removed* thingie.....

Des
Last time I looked my ATS points was -29000!
Totally pointless literaly.
As for the W or K score,I don't see the purpose of it.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

reply to post by snowspirit

No that's not it I collected a few examples. I won't name any names, here's a member.

Around since 2-11-2012

Post 327
Flags 228 (Not many in over a year)
Stars 853
K score 46 ( that's not real high but higher than most)

BTW a Hater

Oh goody..a challenge, like an Easter Egg Hunt...find that member.

But, with the way the search function works here...he's hidden forever.....

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

LOL I made sure the numbers were several days old.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Is the K not to do with star to post ratio and W to do with flag to post ratio?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Pretty sure the formula you speak of does not translate the same way as "KARMA" does cosmically. They are 2 very different applications.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

There was a thread on it. I did a search when I first asked myself the question. Nobody really seemed to know for sure. What I posted was the opinion of most members on the thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
There is this thread...to confuse us even more......

I think this is the one you were looking for, Rocky.

A Guide to the ATS Rewards System: Points, Flags, Stars, Karma and Wats

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

edit on 9-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join