It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media's Handling of Thatchers Death - Small comparison within.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Anyone watching the Live parliament tribute debate? quite a few Labour back benchers are telling it how it is.

One thing though I found out that her piece of #e son is now a Sir !!!! Sir Mark Thatcher the idiot who got lost in the desert and then got his Mum to use troops to find him..the idiot who was a loan shark, the idiot who tried a coup in Equatorial Guinea, and is now banned from the USA and other countries.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Anyone watching the Live parliament tribute debate? quite a few Labour back benchers are telling it how it is.

One thing though I found out that her piece of #e son is now a Sir !!!! Sir Mark Thatcher the idiot who got lost in the desert and then got his Mum to use troops to find him..the idiot who was a loan shark, the idiot who tried a coup in Equatorial Guinea, and is now banned from the USA and other countries.

Its a proper joke isnt it? Clear to see the class divisions in this #y-country!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Although I may disagree with someone politically, even on extreme levels, I am not one to celebrate their demise so callously.

Had the world been a better place, perhaps the reasons people hated that person wouldn't be there anymore, and we would see a better side to them?

I just cannot get into the "being glad someone is dead" zone, it's not me.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Margaret Thatcher was prime minister from 1979 to 1990

John Major was prime minister from 1990 to 1997

Tony Blair/Gordon Brown were prime ministers from 1997 to 2010.

I don't understand why she is carrying the can for policies that have been made in the

20 years since she was PM. IF her policies had been that bad there have been

20 years to reverse them? and of course Blair and Brown did have a full purse and gold

reserves
with which to woo the electorate.

As for you not being kept on at Sainsburys in favour of an Asian girl, I would suggest

you may well be right about 'positive discrimination.' It has long been known that TV

has to employ a certain percentage of Asian/Africans as announcers and in soaps etc.

so as to reflect that we have 'a multi cultural society.'

I have a friend who works for the council in maintenance and as long ago as 8 years

he said that council policy was
"whatever he was doing had to be postponed and

delayed, calls from certain areas took priority" No stars for guessing who lived in

those areas

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

The media are more into celebrity, did katey price get married again? Has Gerry halloways breasts had surgery? Did Take That get a new pair of shoes?.. Yada yada.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It is not only the unemployed who are being squeezed for 'council tax'

I live alone but I do not pay half the amount, I have to pay three quarters. The same

amount as I paid when I was working. I am retired now and on a pension that is half

of what I was earning ... but I still have to pay three quarters of the total on half

the money!!

Apprentices have always been paid peanuts, my brother was an apprentice in 1962

and for three years he was paid virtually 'pocket money' ( but hey it was like going to

uni and he was getting paid) and then when he passed his apprenticeship he was

on really good money. Same thing with an Uncle of mine only he worked himself up

to Managing Director.

Trouble is as I have said before No one these days wants to start on the shop floor or

at the bottom

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

When you are a public 'figure' (and Jimmy Saville really worked on that) raising huge

sums of money for charity, being (or appearing) to be benevolent and caring, the old, the

young, the sick in hospital, the mentally insane (Broadmoor)

Indeed he presented himself as 'a paragon of virtue' and therefor would have had 'promotional'

opportunities (marketing ploy) and through that access to the rich and famous (setting the

public arena that someone with those sort of friends and credentials must be OK

He would use ANY publicity, and once he had 'photos' exploit it with "My friend Lord

so and so etc." (remember the ATS motto??
'pictures or it didn't happen')

I'm afraid I no nothing about Jeffry Epstine .... but 'air miles Andy' is a joke and as

far as i'm aware Girls half his age but of age
is not paedophilia.

I have photographs of myself with celebrities from some years ago (for publicity purposes)

and it has just entered my head that maybe I could have made use of them for nefarious

purposes if I had had a mind to
...oh just remembered I have got some cini film of

me and J.S. round about 1970
(my claim to fame??)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

n

# They may not be seeing their rent money...but the sum equates to their receiving

a larger sum of money than is stated (smoke and mirrors)

# I know not all people have children hence I put ?????'s after the statement.

# Alcoholics do get an allowance but it is not something that is said out loud....only

whispered!!...though some of that may be cut back now.

# Don't read the Daily Mail...and I have worked from the age of 17 yrs to 60 yrs

sometimes three jobs at a time!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

loads of people have gathered to "celebrate" her death without being arrested- some people were arrested for their behaviour which would have happened regardless of the "party"

Do they get immunity by partying over the death?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I am as disgusted as you at the tax loop holes and I am all for them being CLOSED

However Tony Blairs government didn't do anything about it in thirteen years, they had

the chance while Gordon Brown was being 'prudent'

The present government say they intend to do so......I for one will not be holding my breath

waiting for that to happen

But I still maintain for any budget whether it is household, company or country.

MORE CAN NEVER BE TAKEN OUT OF THE POT THAN IS PUT IN THE POT....

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
reply to post by boymonkey74

They're just brushing over the pain of the working classes .

Everyone who works is working class [ whether they refer to themselves as middle class or working class]
Everyone who has a desire and aspiration to work is also. They feel the pain today mainly thanks to Labour not Margaret Thatcher's govt, as such.

Those with large families who do not work, have never worked, are funded by the tax payer - do very well and do not feel the pain at all !!! They are NOT working class, because they have no intention of ever working and believe in living off the tax payer.
edit on 10-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
reply to post by boymonkey74

They're just brushing over the pain of the working classes .

Everyone who works is working class [ whether they refer to themselves as middle class or working class]
Everyone who has a desire and aspiration to work is also. They feel the pain today mainly thanks to Labour not Margaret Thatcher's govt, as such.

Ive heard you say many things in a couple of threads that i disagree with, but to say that "everyone who works is working class" is just..... Im at a loss to give anything you say any credit when you're so far off the mark its untrue.

And this attitude of blaming labour for everything and not tory's is very childish. Everyone knows labour has its short comings but guess what? So to do the conservatives. Multiple governments since thatcher have just kept hammering the nails into this country's coffin in the name of greed and lining their own deep pockets.

Those with large families who do not work, have never worked, are funded by the tax payer - do very well and do not feel the pain at all !!! They are NOT working class, because they have no intention of ever working and believe in living off the tax payer.

This is Daily Mail DRIVEL. Do you know what the working poor are? Do you know there are people in this country working full time and STILL have to claim benefits from the government just to survive? You clearly have no grasp of modern society when you get all of your political education from a news paper any sane person would wipe their arse with.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You did not read what I wrote,

I said those who have never worked, choose not to work, with large families, do very well.
Yes they do - I know I see it with my own eyes, They are also NOT working class - they do not believe in work.

It is a fact go onto the benefits website and see how much you will get with 6 children, mobility allowance and housing benefit, tax credit, disability allowance, child allowance, income support etc etc - it is over £3500 a month, if one of the children has developmental delays and one or the parents is ' on the sick'. That is tax free.

Where did I say there were not working poor ? I did not,

Please read accurately what I wrote. Please stop smearing me with your delusional conclusions about me and your prejudices, additionally your false assertions about my reading material.

Many thanks.

Helen

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Getting a tad sick of hearing about how she turned this country around and got rid of all the thing's that weren't profitable in this country and made it flourish.

I can only speak for the area and community in which I live.....but I don't see any of my family, friend's and larger community reaping the reward's of this "flourish"

So who actually profited?...because if many of the average men and women on the street can't see this profit in real term's it may as well not exist for them......

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You did not read what I wrote,

I said those who have never worked, choose not to work, with large families, do very well.
Yes they do - I know I see it with my own eyes, They are also NOT working class - they do not believe in work.

It is a fact go onto the benefits website and see how much you will get with 6 children, mobility allowance and housing benefit, tax credit, disability allowance, child allowance, income support etc etc - it is over £3500 a month, if one of the children has developmental delays and one or the parents is ' on the sick'. That is tax free.

Where did I say there were not working poor ? I did not,

Please read accurately what I wrote. Please stop smearing me with your delusional conclusions about me and your prejudices, additionally your false assertions about my reading material.

Many thanks.

Helen

Just out of curiousity, can you tell me something. What is the point of working for a living? Is it to get money to look after yourself and is that the only point. Does your version of working for a living including being "productive". because most modern jobs are not producing anything of any benefit to anyone. Pushing paper in an office, working in a call center or heating up unhealthy fast food to destroy peoples health are not productive ways to spend you life, nor are they producing any benefit to society.

When people worked in industries they felt they were producing things and benefiting society. work is either productive or it is pointless. if working is unproductive and just consumes your hours, day by day, there is no motivation to do it. The vast majority of jobs could be automated and many are already automated, even the supermarkets have self service tills. And that was one of the last work places in the UK, shop assistant. even shop assistants are being made obsolete. But don't worry, some other made up industry will come in and give people a fictitious and pointless reason to continue to waste their lives working.

So there it is, your someone who thinks working at anything is better than getting money for doing nothing. I have to disagree, your logic is broken. Also you seem to forget the royal family get money for nothing, all from tax payers, they are the highest benefit scroungers in history..wonder do you have an issue with them?

because whatever they calm to do for the country..it isnt working for a living is it.

but its not just the royals, what do all these bankers actually do? Do they do 40 hour weeks? Do they do back braking labor? Do they even do mind numbing monotoness soul destroying desk jobs? No, i dont think so. because everyone in the world knows, the highest paid people do the least amount of work and the very lowest paid do the longest hardest work of all, but we exported the dark satanic mills to asia.

Most of these A holes who brought the economy down do nothing all day, other than play golf, yet they get knighted for it...
So you can say for sure most of the very wealthiest people do not work for a living. they get massive pay but they certainly are not stupid enough to work for it. So tell me what is the difference between them and benefit scroungers? Well I can tell you one difference, there is no way most people would want to live on benefits because they will barley feed you..but you could always churn out loads of kids for the extra child benefit, umm, im sure there are loads of people who resort to that. no there isnt, its a lie, those Philpott types are few and far between but the media and Tory party have made goood use of them as a poster family for the underclass..

edit on 10-4-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

Also, people like you, who do not like paying taxes, well i suggest you stop paying them, and go to prison for your beliefs. I have more time for someone who stands by their convictions than someone who is full of hot air. Remember when the day comes that all jobs are automated, as its almost here, then what? What will you work for then? Your delusional. There is nothing to be proud of if your a wage slave, but you have been conditioned to believe it's something to aspire to, then when your too old to enjoy a full life you might live too see a pension. This sounds like logic to me.

the whole thing boils down to money. what is it and why do we need it, especially when work is unproductive? Well turns out most jobs are completely pointless just like I said, they only exist to keep the masses occupied, I mean who knows what people might get up to if they had unlimited free time?
But what about the economy? well what the hell is the economy> isnt it supposed to be about being productive? Yes it is supposed to be about being productive..but if most jobs are unproductive and pointless, then how come the pound is even worth anything? Well thats because of the Bank of England say's its worth something and they are good at convincing other countries that our currency is of value. a bit like me saying a Van Gough is worth 160 million quid, just because i say it is. Its the same BS with money, its worthless, especially in places like the UK that produce very little. Our currency is hugely over valued and has been for decades, just like all the other currencies...except for somewhere like China that actually produces things.

the wealth and the price of sterling in the UK is generated by the Bank of England and the city of London's financial center. Which is the stock market and the Banking industry, and if you know how any of that is run, you will know its all a load of made up nonsense, people basically making bets all day, gambling dressed up as economics in order to gain something for nothing..and they do gain money from nothing, but as long as they put their suits and ties on people like you think they are productive..well what do they produce? nothing tangible thats for sure, and if its not tangible it doesn't exist. Its the emperors new clothes of an industry, it produces nothing, except printed money out of thin air and men in suits playing games with each other. Thats your economy e CON omy.

So if the guys on the stock exchange and the bankers literally produce nothing, no cars, no shirts, no canned food, not even toilet rolls...they produce nothing, literally nothing, yet they get paid top dollar. well if you produce nothing, your not working. So if the financial center that is the engine of British economy, responsible for almost the entire economic growth and output and its just full of people producing nothing and not working, then you tell me about working for a living. the very top don't work, because they are too clever to work for a living and the very bottom don't either, because they see it as futile, knowing full well they will never get anywhere, its you fools in the middle are too stupid to see the joke is on you.

So tell me now whats the point of working, in modern Briton?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Maybe there was a time when it was a little easier to claim any sort of disability benefit's.....but I seriously wouldn't worry about people "leeching" off disability benefit's now.....because even those with very genuine medical need's needing extra help and care are being hung out to dry as part of this government's pledge to reduce disability claimant's.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I just thought of 10 great reason's for the common man/woman to get a typical job.

1. They can work overtime for no pay what so ever, due to a psychotic boss, because almost all of them are inhumane, bullying, self centered, slave driving, uncaring, A holes.
2. They can enjoy zero job satisfaction, in the knowledge they are producing nothing of benefit for society.
3. They can look forward to little or no job advancement or job security.
4. They can enjoy sleepless nights worrying about weather they will be able to hold down their job.
5. They can look forward to a 50,60,70,100 year mortgage, for the privilege of living in a terrace house,.
6. They can enjoy watching their boss get richer.
7. They can enjoy being filled with hatred towards their neighbors who cant be bothered working, (weather they cant find work or really cant be bothered looking, it does not matter, to the workers perspective, they are scum regardless).
8. They can enjoy paying taxes for the neighbors they hate.
9. They can still cling to the irrational emotion of being proud to be in work.
10. They can grow old and physically wrecked, mostly due to the work they did, and get their pension, if they don't die before it with a heart condition, cancer or some other illness brought on by all that mountain of stress.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

I just heard at the funeral they are going to aim the cannons at the coffin just to make sure she is dead

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Yeah I dont care to hear about any of it personally.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
BBC's Question Time programme has just been aired in the UK from Margaret Thatcher's old constituency of Finchley. Interestingly, one panel member comments that the BBC were in praise of Thatcher for all of 24 hrs and then succumbed to 'the witch is dead' mentality - which was quickly put down to paranoia.

Anyhoo - in my view - as a person who lived through her reign this is a fair assessment of her time in power and, in actual fact, is precisely what I hoped for at the moment of her passing - open and honest political debate.

BBC Question Time

It may not be available to view until about an hour or so from the time I made this post (it has literally just finished).

Enjoy

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join