It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im concerned.... very very concerned....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

One thing I've noticed compared to my daughter and my nephews, is that girls are alot more cunning and devious and manipulative than boys. From a very early age like it is ingrained in their genes or something. I see it all the time with my little one, and she is only 5. She is smart too. She started talking early, at a year and a half old she could have just as good a conversation with her as you could an adult.

Your daughter sounds like a very intelligent critical thinker. I would definately keep an eye on her when she gets to be a teenager. The thing is don't let her know that you know how she really operates, just play like you are dumb to her methods but in reality you know what she is doing.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
I feel ya! My 7 year old just spent over $200 on Farmville tonight!!!!!!
My daughter talks about friending hackers

Raising kids is a tough job nowadays!!!

You gave your 7 year old a credit card to buy $200. FV Cash....

Will you adopt me...please...Mommy is that you......

Des

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

My kid logged onto my xbox live on one occasion while i was at work and bought 150 dollars worth of microsoft points and then went and spent them on sega arcade classics. We now have the complete collection of sonic the hedgehog games.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

LOL!!!!!

go sonic!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
HAH! You guys are hilarious.. love it!

Oh Im proud of her. Still dont let her play online live.. nor speak to anyone. I already made that mistake with her on Black ops.. with which she was VERY good at. She loved assassins creed for a time too. Now wants Bioshock Infinite... Hmm... shooting, hacking.. maybe a career with Mossad?

We need to get our brainy kids together and create an ATS master race. I have 3 girls.. They say boys are easier.. and Id agree. These girls are like living with spies. The middle one made Playdough teeth, and put them under her pillow when she was little to punk the tooth fairy and get more money. Im starting to see a crafty criminal theme with my kids here...

Then again, like the husband says " the "poop" apple doesnt fall far from the "poop" tree"... Trailer Park Boys.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I'd like to take this moment, through my tears, to reiterate...

My parents gave me STICKS to play with....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

You gave your 7 year old a credit card to buy $200. FV Cash....

Will you adopt me...please...Mommy is that you......

Des

LOL!! NO!!!!!!!!!
He got onto my gaming profile and bought coins that WAS a long time ago hooked up to an account when I was a gamer...I thought I deleted it. But I was wrong and found out by my husband waking me up to tell me we had $$ missing from the account
Yeah Ive been drinking...I thought I was gonna have a heart attack about an hour ago.....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Boys are easier? Come meet mine, you will change your mind. lol

Letting them play online isnt bad. Just be aware of what they are doing. If its language you are concerned with dont be, they will hear it elsewhere. Me and the wife swear like sailors, not one of my three boys swears, they know better and are well adjusted kids.

As for the other stuff, if they start asking tough questions, they will figure stuff out eventually from their friends (who are also online) my 8 year old starting talking about things he heard from a kid in class last year, this is before he was allowed to play online, so it had started pre-internet for him. My kids ignore most of the stupidity now, mind you when they are playing CoD im right there with them kicking ass

edit on 13/4/8 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

My mud trumps your sticks...as Granny used to tell me....quit your belly aching.....

Des

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

YEAH guess who WILL BE getting sticks to play with!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
It drove me to drink a little, sorry in advance
I nearly had a heart attack! That WAS my car payment............
KIDS!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Heff.. that was ONE stick. You just kept bringing it back....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

My mud trumps your sticks...as Granny used to tell me....quit your belly aching.....

Des

I used to play with mud! It was fun

The lessons we learn from our children!
So OP are you saying I should not let my kid play minecraft? He has been begging!
After tonight my 7yr old is not allowed anywhere near Zynga or my FB games....oy vey
My husband works IT. Its in my kids blood....I have a hard time keeping up with all the kid stuff.
Oh my head, I think I am gonna go to bed......

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

Boys are easier? Come meet mine, you will change your mind. lol

Letting them play online isnt bad. Just be aware of what they are doing. If its language you are concerned with dont be, they will hear it elsewhere. Me and the wife swear like sailors, not one of my three boys swears, they know better and are well adjusted kids.

As for the other stuff, if they start asking tough questions, they will figure stuff out eventually from their friends (who are also online) my 8 year old starting talking about things he heard from a kid in class last year, this is before he was allowed to play online, so it had started pre-internet for him. My kids ignore most of the stupidity now, mind you when they are playing CoD im right there with them kicking ass

edit on 13/4/8 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

We've been lucky with the swearing as well. I dont curse much, but the husband was a career Marine... Ive heard more truly vile things from my own spouses mouth.. let me tell you.. specifically when there are a few of them here. None of the kids curse. Well, in front of me anyway. Im wondering about that 14 yr old though. The 19 yr old.. Im SURE she does, but not around me. The little one has a scam running with fining dad for his curse words... so she isnt cursing.. as of now. Im telling you, these days if cursing is all I have to worry about.. Ill be thrilled!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Des

I used to play with mud! It was fun

The lessons we learn from our children!
So OP are you saying I should not let my kid play minecraft? He has been begging!
After tonight my 7yr old is not allowed anywhere near Zynga or my FB games....oy vey
My husband works IT. Its in my kids blood....I have a hard time keeping up with all the kid stuff.
Oh my head, I think I am gonna go to bed......

Oh no.. let him. I was making a joke about her trying to get her dad to help her hack the server at minecraft .. at 7 yrs old.
IMO I prefer her playing minecraft rather than black ops and etc. Its a pretty neat game!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

. Im telling you, these days if cursing is all I have to worry about.. Ill be thrilled!

Yes!!
I feel like an oddball sometimes when they speak this language....my husband chats em up and they all understand and I sit there like duh!?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Minecraft huh? I will check it out then. I have to be ultra careful now! OMG!! As long as it is not hooked up to $$ I should be fine right?
Sorry guys, the reality is just hitting me.......my son spent all that $$

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Minecraft huh? I will check it out then. I have to be ultra careful now! OMG!! As long as it is not hooked up to $$ I should be fine right?
Sorry guys, the reality is just hitting me.......my son spent all that $$

Yep, you can get it where they just play on the thing like a regular PC game. As weird as she is about graphics.. its weird that she loves this clumky game. LOTS to do... brings out some creativity that the usual games she plays doesnt. He will love it.

Id made your mistake by putting my credit card on my middle kids Ipod touch. She filled that sucker up.. on my dime.. with a bunch of crap. The only cool thing she got was an Iovilus.. to communicate with ghosts. That was entertaining! When I want something done.. I simply tell her she is working it off. I have an indentured servant for years now!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

SO IT WAS YOU!!!!!!!

I wake up this morning to find my inbox from all my email accounts (for someone who talks to no one online why do I have so many lmao) FULL of bounced emails from dead addresses from a decade ago. Id forgotten about my yahoo email account. I think it's there still just to keep some old associated services I used it with at the time, or .. I can't remember using it last, but it had been hacked.

And then I go about all my other logins and change my email. knowing if yahoo can get hacked with my password as it was, changing it means nothing. And from in there they might have had the chance to see other linked things. Grr.

*shakes fist at mr someone in thailand*

And then I read this. Your 7 YO is on a hacking rampage. First it's minecraft, then yahoo mail, then the next thing you know you'll walk in to see;

Oo

And worse, I don't even know who she is, so that means she's anonymous.

*panic face*

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Des, we had no idea you were a crayfish.
How does typing work with claws anyway?

I pity anyone raising a young child in this day and age,
I would be so torn between wanting my kid to be accepted by their peers and on the flipside wanting to keep them so far away from technology they wouldn't even know what a laptop is. You think we're dependent on technology just wait 20 years! how will mere humans keep up?

Good luck Advantage, you're a smart girl and will make (mostly) the right decisions for your kid. If she's anything like you she'll be a fine mutant, just like mom.

edit on 9-4-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Be glad they gave you sticks. They could have hit you with them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join