It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis experience last night.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I've had sleep paralysis about 7 times in my life and it's always scary to me. Everytime is the norm, feeling paralyzed, feeling of being choked, seeing things, etc. Well last night, I think I had another experience, but something was different. I wasn't paralyzed. At all.

The first thing I "saw" when my eyes opened was my room. (I say that with quotations because I don't know if you see or if you're just dreaming during SP). I thought I had just woken up like normal, so I check my phone, like normal. I Then turned toward the other side of my bed, facing my t.v., and there she was..

A little girl, maybe 10 years old. As pale as the moon, long black hair, staring at me. I half-sat up. Her eyes were chilling, she was looking ay me in utter shock, like she was amazed I could see her. Eyes WIDE open. I think she was asian, but I couldn't tell because the look she was giving me. I managed to mouth "What the F***?" After I did that, she walked to where my dresser is, with that same freaking piercing look, not breaking eye contact at all, and then sunk into the floor and dissapeared.

After that I just remember sitting up fully, it was morning, and my heart was pounding. By now I've kind of gotten used to SP, I mean it still scares me and I try to avoid it. But that.. I don't know. It didn't feel like SP, it felt entirely real. Sorry to type so much. Have you guys ever experienced anything like this? I'm kind of freaked out.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthBlizzard

It's never Jessica Alba is it? Never a stand-up comedian or anything cool. Always unpleasant!

I've had dozens of SP nights over the years...probably way into 3 figures. Last one I remember was late last year. 'Woke up' to see a really dark black figure in a cloak with a very white smiling skull looking at me. It entered the room through the open door and kinda glided sideways. Moving along with it was a black (so predictable!) grotto with lots of small candles lit inside alcoves.

Since being a teenager, I automatically get blazing angry and try to attack whatever figure turns up. They then 'back off' and I wake up properly. This guy sort of disappeared backwards and faded out of sight with the same smile on its face.

I think my mind conjured it from seeing Mexican death skulls. Even a creepy-looking Alba would be better than the standard shadows and menacing figures.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

It's not a sleep paralysis if you are not paralyzed
You probably just had a nightmare. And if you saw original ring than you know asians are scary

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard
but something was different. I wasn't paralyzed. At all.

I thought I had just woken up like normal,

Thats happened to me as well.
I thought I had woken up, but no, I'd merely dreamed that I'd woken up.

And of course, still dreaming, weird stuff happens.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Well there is a lot of legitimate documented delusory phenomena associated with sleep paralysis, that being said ...

I believe in both the existence of supernatural entities and, more obviously, the ability for the mind to produce illusory images.

In either case, if it's a mere abstraction, a product of the mind then it has no true power over you and one should regard it as such, a mere illusion and ultimately harmless.

If it does happen to be some annoying entity the same can be said - they are toothless and powerless. Ooooh you can linger awkwardly in my room at night and creepily saunter about my dresser.
Big freakin whoop. I can do that and much more. Can you open doors, write a sonnet, dance, cook a meal? Come on. A drunken frat boy, a fatty high cholesterol cheeseburger, cable tv, heck even a stapler ... all much more dangerous than one of these ridiculous wannabe entities.

Disregard them. They are POWERLESS. Their only power is deception. Remember this and move on. Granted, easier said then done but come on ...

I'm so over hearing about people being harassed, either by their own minds or some being.

We're so much more capable than this.

Hope you don't have to experience this again.

Regards,

FTE
edit on 8-4-2013 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Probably irrelevant to your experience but last week I had sleep paralysis. I was awake, couldn't move but could hear a news anchor giving a sombre announcement, and then a female journalists voice delivering the package, I could hear behind that voice sounds of trucks and shouting. The strange thing is I couldn't catch the words, it was clear but spoken fast?

Sorry if vague. But I found it interesting that someone also recently had an experience!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Thanks for that. I wouldn't say I fear them, whatever they are, but they just weird me out. So mysterious. I've never encountered a negative entity, but I've always told myself if I cross paths with it to stand up to it and show it no fear. Might not be the best plan, but I'd rather do that then cower and let it take control of me.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I have never had sleep paraysis, but something you mentioned in your post reminded me of something I saw when I was 4.

I remember it as clear as a bell and this happened around 31 years ago.

I was in school in the playground and in this playground there was a part that was fenced off with grass behind it. Anyway I looked over and saw a little blond girl just standing there, after a few seconds she sunk into the ground and disappeared.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I remember mine like it was yesterday I had two of them one ultra pleasant i was laying on my bed looking up at the ceiling then bang i was at the top of the ceiling looking down at my self, while in that state I had a wave of euphoria followed by the thought of how I could i get back in my body. I instantly went back into my body.

The second was horrific unable to move but aware of everything cold clammy hands stretched over my face and over my mouth "this thing was spooning with me it was behind me ps Im a dude and didn't have a girlfriend at the time, i could smell the air and feel the temp in the room i saw the TV show that was on. The fear was followed by an extremely unpleasant feeling like a primal fear, a deep fear like you cant explain. The whole next week I had dreams of waking up next to girl I knew, she had been about 1 foot from my face, extreme malice and hate with a bit of madness shined in her eyes which had been directly locked into my eyes. her face etched into my mind it had the most evil smile i had ever seen. I would wake up trying to scream.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

My girlfriend has SP about once a year. She hasn't seen anything before. She has been held down and heard voices though. I showed her this thread and now she's spooked. Just sharing.

Eta. She asked me to add that her baby was crying and the voice said why do you think your baby is crying. She couldn't scream and felt like an elephant was on her.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The few times I have had them I have called out the name of Jesus Christ and they have ended reasonably quickly
For what its worth

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isittruee

She couldn't scream and felt like an elephant was on her.

That actually reminds me of one I had back in 2007...actually there was a few similar ones that year.

I'm lying on the bed, the light is on above me, I can't move as usually but I seriously feel pulling at my legs, proper tugging mind you, and my arms being shaken. Also, the blanket (was a light one) on top of me kept being pulled to. Didn't have pets, person I lived with was busy playing WoW. Wasn't a nice feeling.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Your story is similar to something I experienced early in my teen years in only one aspect, but I'll share a synopsis of it with you anyway.

I woke up around 5 a.m. and even though my bedroom was pitch black with no light whatsoever, there was a girl in front of me, with long black hair and I could see her plain as day. She didn't glow or anything like that. She was just there and fully visible. Fortunately for me, her back was facing me so I didn't see her face. I do believe I would have had a heart attack if she had been facing me because I was terrified as it was. She was kneeling down, facing my closet door. I wasn't paralyzed at all. After staring at her for what seemed like forever but was probably less than a minute, I turned over in my bed and prayed. When I was brave enough to look again, she was gone.

I actually believe I saw a ghost, instead of experiencing anything like sleep paralysis. I have had sleep paralysis before, as well as what I call "waking dreams." Basically, I would wake up, still dreaming and see whatever I was dreaming cast on to whatever background I'm looking at. When this happens, if I move my eyes to look at another part of the room, whatever I'm dreaming about moves with my vision... if that makes any sense. When I saw the girl, it wasn't like that.

Anyway, this probably isn't very similar to what you experienced, but the long black hair is why I'm posting. If it was a ghost, there was no reason for her to be there. My home was new. We were the first family to live in it. The land had been in the family for nearly a hundred years and nobody of her description had lived or died there during that time. Besides that, she was dressed in modern clothing.

Do you think you may have actually seen a ghost? It wasn't sleep paralysis if you weren't paralyzed, but I suppose it could have been a waking dream. Regardless, I feel for you. I'm a former ghost hunter and got used to the paranormal, but waking up and seeing something like that staring at me would scare the hell out of me!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

The trouble is, when I have had them I can't even make my mouth work. I try but I can't get words out. It's just as hard as moving my other body parts.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer

The trouble is, when I have had them I can't even make my mouth work. I try but I can't get words out. It's just as hard as moving my other body parts.

Yes I agree but I do it in my mind, I know it sounds silly but

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No, it doesn't sound silly, at least not to me. That's what I do as well. Seems to work.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

She was native American,. She woke you up and was actually protecting you as you must have been in too deep a sleep so she had to do something, say a thank you to her and a prayer for her.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Its funny you say that, because I live in Nevada and I've always thought this area used to be Native American territory. I've heard people say this area is an old burial ground as well. I just hope you're right, I wouldn't mind her presence if it was to protect me. I didn't get a negative feeling from her but that look.. the look she gave me was haunting.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
what if you saw this little girl again? What will you do?
why am I sensing you want to see this girl again?

anyways I had a dream this morning, a girl/female not sure if she was evil was running towards me/ my bed I kicked at her and woke up. I remember nothing other that vagueness of what I just wrote.

I am like the poster above, I seem to get angry and or attack anything I find to be evil in my dreams and that is why I never really have evil in my dreams at least for the past 20 or so years. I may have scary dreams but they do not consist of anything evil.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I would gladly take all SP episodes that you get. Please send them my way, I know what to do with them and can't enough of them. Everyone else, feel free to do the same.

Seriously.

Oh yes, flag and star, I love reading about these.
edit on 8-4-2013 by QuietSpeech because: Additional content and a thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join