It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 children trapped underground in Lincoln co - Rescuers desperately digging to save them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

2 children trapped underground in Lincoln co - Rescuers desperately digging to save them

www.wsoctv.com

A rescue mission for two children trapped underground turned into a recovery mission late Sunday, according to officials with Lincoln County Emergency Management.

The children were trapped about 20 feet below a house that was under construction after part of the building collapsed, according to officials. The incident happened around 6 p.m. Sunday on Hines Circle in Stanley.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Poor little buggers
Kids were 6 and 7 years old
Apparently the building collapsed trapping these two poor souls underground. Rescue services are desperately trying to dig the children out.
They have now been underground for over 2 hours so the hopes of getting them out alive is decreasing as the minutes tick by.

In the video you can see the workers working at full speed trying to dig the soil out.

www.wsoctv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Officials: Rescue mission for 2 trapped children becomes recovery mission

www.wsoctv.com...

STANLEY, N.C. —

A rescue mission for two children trapped underground turned into a recovery mission late Sunday, according to officials with Lincoln County

edit on 7-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

A sad day for a lot of people

I hope the developer gets punished accordingly!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It's always sad to hear about something like this because adults are usually a little more mentally able to handle this situation a little more calmly. Understanding the sounds of equipment digging them out, air supply, rescue procedures, etc.

Children however, are that much more frail (sometimes) and confused as to what may be underway up top and what can be done to save them. The fear of not knowing or understanding is much worse IMO.

All they want is their mom and dad and they are not there.

C'mon kids...hang in there!

Peace

edit on 7-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So, they'll save the kids that are trapped beneath a house, but not a guy who got trapped in a sinkhole. Guess adult lives are less valuable.

edit on 7-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Its no longer a rescue mission, the kids are assumed dead as its now a recovery mission

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
reply to post by goou111

A sad day for a lot of people

I hope the developer gets punished accordingly!!!

A 6-year-old girl and 7-year-old boy were trapped about 20 feet below a house that was under construction after part of the building collapsed,

The developer can not be held accountable for a natural phenomenon nor for trespassers hurt on the property. Lets get the full story before hoping people are held to the fire.
edit on 7-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Poor little darlings. My heart and prayers go out to their families.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I didn't know. Sorry, to hear about the kids. From the way it sounded, it sounded like they were still alive.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Now presumed dead...

!@#$%^...Why does this happen to those that have everything to gain?

I'm tired...sorry.

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Truly sad accident. More of the story is coming out now. The owner was digging some sort of "bunker". And I'm sure the media will take this as an opportunity to further vilify the prepper movement.

www.cbsnews.com...

Rescuers on Monday recovered the bodies of two young cousins buried when a wall of dirt fell on them while they were playing in a hole at a home construction site in North Carolina.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Carpenter later said deputies had not yet interviewed the family living in the home but planned to follow up on neighbors' reports that the man was excavating the two-story pit to build some sort of a protective bunker.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Horrible tragedy. This could be a Tornado shelter it doesn't have to be a bunker. Tornado shelters are quite common where I live so I cringe every time I see people call stuff like this a bunker. Seeing how this was the boys father and the children were not trespassing this could very well result in charges. I expected that the children were trespassing before reading the article right above my post here.

Code violations would be the least of my concern as a deputy. You have two dead children here. I would think criminal charges would be more appropriate. I am not sure how the law works in NC guess we will have to see.

new topics

top topics

join